Claudio Ranieri at Leicester City 2016/17

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Leicester City - 24th September 2016

Played 6
Wins 2
Draws 1
Defeats 3

How will Leicester fare this season?

Mid table at best depending on how far they go in Europe... Which probably won't be far so they'll do enough to finish maybe 8/9th come the end of the season!

Premier League: Chelsea 3-0 Leicester City - 15th October 2016

Leicester's defending for the first two goals was terrible.

Played 8
Wins 2
Draws 2
Defeats 4

Champions League: Leicester City 1-0 FC Copenhagen - 18th October 2016

100% record in the Champions League.

Champions League record: Five wins, four clean sheets and finishing top of the group.

Are they taking the CL more seriously or are we seeing that Prem teams have found them out while in the CL they are still a relatively unknown quantity.

Premier League: Sunderland 2-1 Leicester City - 3rd December 2016

Played 14
Wins 3
Draws 4
Defeats 7

Are Leicester in a relegation scrap?

They are a prime candidate for relegation imo. Them, hull and Swansea looked nailed on for relegation according to me.

Yep they are in a real struggle here and I'm not sure they have what it takes to get out of it. Whatever it is they are doing in the league it isn't working at all. Which is odd given how well they've done in Europe but I guess that's where their focus has been?

Premier League: Leicester City 4-2 Manchester City - 10th December 2016

Played 15
Wins 4
Draws 4
Defeats 7

Premier League: Southampton 3-0 Leicester City - 22nd January 2017

Played 21
Wins 5
Draws 6
Defeats 11

Between us in 2013-14, Chelsea last season and Leicester this, there have been some piss poor title defences in recent years.

This Leicester team are in free fall and with the Champions League set to resume I can't see it getting any better for them. But what can they do to turn things around? They have the players... They have the system that worked for them...

I think Ranieri gets the sack as soon as they drop out of champions league.

Premier League: Leicester City 0-3 Manchester United - 5th February 2017

Played 24
Wins 5
Draws 6
Defeats 13

Possibly the worst side we've come up against this season, comfortable wins in both games. Swansea maybe but don't think it'll be as easy to play them at home as they were away.

Premier League: Swansea City 2-0 Leicester City - 12th February 2017

Over 10 hours without a Premier League goal.

Played 25
Wins 5
Draws 6
Defeats 14

Really poor. They've got Liverpool at home next in the league, 2 weeks to sort it out before then.

So... Does he get the full season or not? Given what he achieved last year and given where we are in the season I think he should but I don't think he will. It's just unbelievable what's happening to that team. In fact it might be even more unbelievable than what they did last year.

So... Does he get the full season or not? Given what he achieved last year and given where we are in the season I think he should but I don't think he will. It's just unbelievable what's happening to that team. In fact it might be even more unbelievable than what they did last year.

Not so unbelievable when you look at the circumstances. Last year they were battling relegation at the start of season. Each and every other player was fighting for his and the teams future. Whereas this season all the players have got fat new contracts and bonuses and a shiny new £100k+ car. Taken in perspective you can see why they have fallen off the cliff.

If anything, this paints fergies achievements with us in even better light. Motivating the players as well as himself year after year is such a great thing especially after winning all there was on offer.

Absolute disgrace. Even if Leicester got relegated he wouldn't deserve to be sacked. What he did for the club was incredible and he gets treated like this? Disgusting. I've lost so much respect for Leicester and it would serve them right if they did get relegated.

Mourinho: “Somebody that probably deserves the Leicester stadium to be renamed Claudio Ranieri and he’s sacked. Leicester made history two years in a row, one year because they did the most beautiful thing in the Premier League and in football history.

“Now they are also in the highlights with the decision which has everyone in football united because it’s difficult to accept but it’s good for all of us to realise how football is. We need to adapt to it. When I was sacked as a champion I thought it was a giant negative thing, now I realise it was peanuts compared what happened to Claudio. My Instagram was a little homage, my shirt is another one. I don’t think he needs more homages because no one can delete what he did.”

So much outrage at Ranieri being sacked and not a thought spared for mourinho who went in similar circumstances. Is it because we expect more from mourinho? Is mourinho a victim of his own success over the years?

Premier League: Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool - 27th February 2017

Shame on the players.

Last season, senior players begged Ranieri not to change too much, he didn't and they won the league, perhaps changed things this season and lost the dressing room.

Possibly, but I don't like players downing tools, more so after what Leicester achieved last year.

The performance was disgusting, sure it was a top performance and a deserved win. But they ran and showed more energy than they did in months under Ranieri. It was shameful!

The performance was disgusting, sure it was a top performance and a deserved win. But they ran and showed more energy than they did in months under Ranieri. It was shameful!

Completely with you! It's embarrassing how sad and pathetic players can be. That they will stop working hard for a guy that gave them the greatest year in their careers. So many of these players are nobodies and will never amount to anywhere near what they did last year. And I hope to God they go down.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back