City Spending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Meja Spending

I didn't read it but I can guess what it's about. Apart from Yaya Toure how many of them have been an integral part of winning trophies in the past? They've bought some good players but none of them really stick out at you as top players who've got experience of winning. They've overspent on players no one has really heard of. Before he signed I had no idea who Kolarov was and suddenly they're spending £20m on him. It's ridiculous.

What's this meja thing all about?
Anyway it was always going to be hard bringing the world class players in, also i would pick Bellamy over Silva atm

Stephen Ireland today: "I guess James Milner thinks the grass is greener on the other side. He's going to get a shock" #MCFC #AVFC
Ireland on kids at #MCFC: "They're coming in with £10,000 watches, walking around as if they have played 200 Premier League games"

Re: Stephen Ireland fury at City of despair.

The way Mancini is seemingly treating players is disgusting and if I was unfortunate enough to be a City fan I'd be proper pissed off.Both Stephen Ireland and Craig Bellamy have been voted the fans player of the season over the last two years and look at them now,cast aside like a pair of old shoes.Ireland was brilliant the season before last,as was Bellamy last season.I don't even think the players they have brought into replace them are any better.I really really hope they win jack shit,not just because they're City,but because of the way they're going about things.Treating human beings no better than cattle at a farmers market.The sad thing is that most City fans I speak to aren't bothered about the way the club are now acting,they don't care,they're going to win things and that's now all that matters.How quickly things change.It wasn't that long ago that they were firing shots at us about buying the title,look at them now.

haha. I was wondering when someone would ask.

Stephen Ireland won't be the last to make these comments. It's a shame Bellamy wasn't sold, he wouldn't have held back at his press conference the other day had he been sold and Shitty weren't still paying his wages. Villa haven't really lost out in the Milner deal. I see Ireland as equal to Milner and Villa have got £20m+ too.

Apparently Pique had a stinker tonight. Don't think Pique is that great really definitely not worth £90m. I think many defenders could defend for a side who keep the ball as well as Barca or Spain, Carlos Puyol has been living off it for 15 years.

Lot of talk yesterday surrounding David Silva was only picked ahead of Adam Johnson because David Silva cost more. David Silva not living up to expectations in England as expected by some. That's not to say he won't but many people suggested this when he signed for Shitty. I didn't think much of Adam Johnson until seeing him for England recently, not seen him for Shitty but he has been impressive for England.

The City bloke Garry Cook I think said they've finished spending as much as they have done as they have a good squad now. But I think we all know that many of them may want to leave after this season if they don't play which will mean another influx of players.

Manchester City have completed the signing of former Barcelona starlet Gai Assulin.

Any good? You never know about these young players, has to be handy though if he has come from Barca.

Yeah but the difference between ourselves and City is that we don't really need to spend much money. I think we are short in 1 or 2 positions but apart from that we are grand.
The thing is if we were taken over we would be debt free. I can't really see the Quatari's interfering or Ferguson losing control of the club because United wouldn't be their only business venture. They have too much to be doing than to be interfering in the club affairs.
Would love Ferguson to have some money to spend in his last few years as manager, don't want him to retire with the Glazers still owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back