Christmas 2020

Mr C

Last day at work for me this year, what a year.

I've had one day off all year, to say I'm looking forward to a two week break is an understatement. I just hope I don't go down with Covid during it!

Just us 4 this year, I'm going out twice, haircut and foodshop. And that's it. Got a bit if DIY, going to try and read his dark materials as the series is baffling me :D I read the first book years ago, but will reread it.

And lots of films, starting with the Alastair Sim Scrooge on Saturday afternoon

You definitely deserve 2 weeks off , I’m self employed and I work a couple days a week which is ideal because I’ve got 2 year old twin sons and just had a daughter so the wife is loving me home at the moment like a stay at home dad ! And also I’m doing same as you haircut and foodshop plenty of food and plenty of beer have a good Christmas mate some good games on too

Enjoy the break Mr. C.

I'm in until Wednesday but site closes today.

No plans with everything going and don't have any kids so don't really feel any sort of Christmas buzz at all. Only thing I was maybe looking forward to was a Christmas Eve in the pub but that's out the window too.

Last day for me as well been a strange year at work have to say it's incredible how quickly our industry adapted to the new ways of working given we were one of the few industries that were told to keep going even when working from home is not possible.

Looking forward to two weeks off not really got much to do tier 3 means no meeting up with friends at all we'd probably have braved a pub garden lunch.

Christmas day we're meeting up with my sister and parents at their house but I agree there's not much buzz build up to Christmas for us no young kids makes a huge difference and just being in pubs/shops around Christmas gives you that feeling.

Going to spend my 2 weeks off just relaxing might finally tackle the Old Trafford lego model I got for my birthday.

I get what you mean with no kids, but mine just stare at their phones anyway :D, be even worse as they have new phones for Christmas :D

Going to ration their phone use and make them watch old black and white films hahaha

Christmas movie night tonight with the mrs.

Already got Die Hard downloaded on the Sky box :)

I get what you mean with no kids, but mine just stare at their phones anyway :D, be even worse as they have new phones for Christmas :D

Going to ration their phone use and make them watch old black and white films hahaha
Good luck with that, if my two kids are anything to go by :p

Merry Christmas all. Can't wait for my dinner which is gonna be the closest thing to a normal Christmas day I'll be having.

Yep back to work tomorrow but it’s working from home anyway so won’t be a huge difference to my usual day just get up a little.... ok a lot earlier.

Usual new year new me nonsense to start as well I’ve had a few weeks/months of indulgence so need to cut back a bit.

Not going for dry January but with pubs closed going to make it a drier January

I don't mind tomorrow first day back with an 7:45 alarm. But not looking forward Tuesday and a 5:45 alarm. Barely been in bed by that time after buying football manager and final fantasy 8 in the last month!

Yep back to work tomorrow but it’s working from home anyway so won’t be a huge difference to my usual day just get up a little.... ok a lot earlier.

Usual new year new me nonsense to start as well I’ve had a few weeks/months of indulgence so need to cut back a bit.

Not going for dry January but with pubs closed going to make it a drier January
Sounds identical to my planned January, we're pretty much full lockdown where I live so it would be too dreary doing dry January, I'll have the odd beer but definitely cutting back.

Sounds identical to my planned January, we're pretty much full lockdown where I live so it would be too dreary doing dry January, I'll have the odd beer but definitely cutting back.

Yeah we’ve been tier 4 since they invented it but probably had a drink most nights over the last 2 weeks so plan on reversing that try and drop it to 1 night a week.

Need to bin the snacks as well back to 3 meals a day and nothing in between.

Give myself 2 weeks before jumping on the scales get an idea what the real damage is.

Yep, officially back tomorrow but working from home. I actually done some work today so as I can ease back in gently tomorrow.
But like someone else said, just happy to be earning, I know too many folk who have struggles presently.

Yeah, back tomorrow, not ready at all, could do with another week or two.

Need to lose some timber too, no booze til summer now.

Usual back to work terrible nights sleep.

First day back is always slow as hell when your whole industry shuts down for 2 weeks there isn't exactly a load of stuff to come back to.

I was the last person to close down for Christmas from the project. Literally came back to not a single email and it's been a very slow morning.

Want to try and make a lot more of my lunch breaks this year. After working from home for basically 9 months and definitely since the winter months I've spent far too many days experiencing no day light.

Yeah we’ve been tier 4 since they invented it but probably had a drink most nights over the last 2 weeks so plan on reversing that try and drop it to 1 night a week.

Need to bin the snacks as well back to 3 meals a day and nothing in between.

Give myself 2 weeks before jumping on the scales get an idea what the real damage is.
Yeah I don't want to weigh myself for a bit either, shift some water weight first :)

Yeah I don't want to weigh myself for a bit either, shift some water weight first :)

I don't get people who jump on the scales after 2 weeks on holiday why upset yourself give your body a week or two to get back to normal routine then see what damage has been done.

I was the last person to close down for Christmas from the project. Literally came back to not a single email and it's been a very slow morning.

Want to try and make a lot more of my lunch breaks this year. After working from home for basically 9 months and definitely since the winter months I've spent far too many days experiencing no day light.

Think I had 6 emails that require action which was the 6 I left in my inbox before we broke up.

Yeah I expect to be working from home every day for the next few weeks as they'll ask non essential staff to stay off sites but I get out for a short walk with the dog every morning before starting work normally 20-30 minutes just wakes me up. Been toying with the idea of doing online exercise classes during my lunch break but probably stick to doing them at the end of the working day but might do one over lunch one day just to break the day up a bit.

Good day to get out for a walk cold but the suns out for a change so make the most of it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back