Christian Eriksen

I doubt Fernandes will go anywhere in truth. We may have enquired about Eriksen but if he prefers a move to Spain then that’s fine.

I’m with booths here, I can’t believe we haven’t beefed up the central midfield. That is one area that needed serious work and we haven’t done anything in there despite having the whole summer. Baffling.

I just read an article teh Erikson rumours started in Madrid to try and stoke up the Pogba deal.

We definitely need midfield reinforcement, but if there is no viable deal, there is no point buying someone. Like I said I would have gone for Rice, but I think West Ham wanted silly money. Erikson and Fernandes are not the player we want for that really, they are more attacking, which we do need, but we do need to adress the Matic matter more.

If there is no one about, no point just spending money.
You have to bring in someone. We don't have the bodies in there. Get some level of upgrade and then focus on midfield next year. This midfield is a joke.

not really a joke

I understand we are playing 231

So it's the two that is a problem, Pogba is one of them, then there is Mctom, Fred, Matic. Not ideal granted, but not a disaster. I imagine Mctom and Pogba will be the two.

Rashford is the one up top with Greenwood understudy.

So three is from Martial, James, Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, Periera, possibly Dalot. With Chong and Gomes?

I agree it's not ideal, Erikson would have improved that front 3 no end.

I can't think of a stand out player for one of the two.

I am not convinced we even want to play that formation. I think ole wants 4 3 3 but we will be forced into 2 3 1. I still don't believe there is nobody out there of decent enough quality to get us through the season.

I don't know enough about formations to be honest, apaprantly France used this at the WC and Ole wants to use it to get the best of Pogba and to make him happy. It's just one article, could be garbage.

Tbh I have got a little bit excitable about this. Just think we have gas a half decent transfer window and we look like we will ruin it by not strengthening our weakest department

If Pogba is the guy playing further forward in a 3 is there much difference between the 4-2-3-1 and the 4-3-3?

not really a joke

I understand we are playing 231

So it's the two that is a problem, Pogba is one of them, then there is Mctom, Fred, Matic. Not ideal granted, but not a disaster. I imagine Mctom and Pogba will be the two

So not a joke? When one player has already shown he will down tools. A hell of a player but patchy at best. McTom who's coming along nicely but gets nowhere near the other top midfields at this point. Fred who has looked lost, granted maybe he'll come along this year but far from a guarantee. And Matic who looks like his legs have gone? And that midfield is going to get us back in to the top 4? I think not.

I assumed that was pogba. Harsh to say he has downed tools at any point. He just isn't really good enough

If Pogba is the guy playing further forward in a 3 is there much difference between the 4-2-3-1 and the 4-3-3?

Yes because in a 4-2-3-1 you are asking your 2 to play as a double pivot normally one person stays one person goes in simple terms but the idea is you generally have 2 players who stay in the middle of the pitch and protect the defence. 4-3-3 you are only asking 1 player to hold and he holds at all times very rarely breaking forward the two midfielders either side of him push forward into the gap between the wide forward and the striker.

For me Pogba if you play 4-2-3-1 you want in your 2 alongside a hard working ball winning type midfielder so Pogba can take the ball off the defence and play quick passes into the 3 attacking players ahead of him.

Assuming Pogba stays this summer had to be about taking responsibility off him because he carries this team way to much it isn't healthy because when he has a bad game everyone suffers others need to step up so when he's having a bad game you don't really notice because someone else is having a blinder and being the difference. This is what happens at all top clubs.

I gave to be honest I don't see that. I can see the quality isn't there but not the effort

Could argue there's a list as long as your arm of these sorts at Utd right now.

It's a rough with the smooth bit if you want the bit where he's absolutely unstoppable you have to accept the bit where he's a liability and manage it as best you can.

lets not forget it's not just for United, he was nearly dropped from the starting 11 of the French WC team.

Ok then his attitude stinks because he doesn't always give his all out on the pitch and to me quite visibly doesn't always try.
I think with Pogba he gets very frustrated with his team mates and who can blame him with the amount of dross performances we have had over the last year or two! I think his effort could be cranked up a notch, not sure it’s an attitude thing.

I think with Pogba he gets very frustrated with his team mates and who can blame him with the amount of dross performances we have had over the last year or two! I think his effort could be cranked up a notch, not sure it’s an attitude thing.
The evidence I've seen is that he causes problems and he downs tools. Until I've seen otherwise that is my view on him. And if he's frustrated with his team mates then that isn't going to improve this year.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sure Levy won’t really care if he sells to United as long as he has £20m in his back pocket but if he really showed a strong desire to sign for us then we would probably wait until the end of the season? Although would be nice to have him now!

Well if it’s 20m or nothing you take 20m that’s just business I don’t think any club can do that unless they think they can change his mind.

I think Eriksen will run his deal down on a free he’s getting bigger offers from better clubs than Utd.

He's a fantastic player but he doesn't fit what Ole wants in terms of youth etc. Plus £20M for a player who's contract expires this summer? I think the club perhaps feel burnt after Sanchez.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back