Christian Eriksen

SuperRash

Would be an incredible signing as I think he’s class in a basket and he is about to enter into his final 12 months of his Spurs deal so it’s a possibility. However, we all know how much of a stickler Levy is in negotiations so we would still have to pay top top dollar.

jsp

Just me or does it feel like he’s had a quiet season this year?

Lovely player but unless we are going 4-2-3-1 where does he fit as surely in the 4-3-3 he’d be in the
Pogba role.

See how long this rumour lasts plenty of rumours that Madrid are very keen and I think that would be a more likely destination. Spurs will be very reluctant to sell to another PL side even with his contract situation they’ll be looking to force him abroad.

Mr C

why would you leave Spurs for Man Utd? especailly when Madrid, and probably other top clubs, want you.

Mr C

do you want players who only come for money? At his age and wealth he should be motivated by trophies as he has none, and he has more chance as Spurs and Madrid.

There is no way he woud come to united.

SuperRash

It’s not just money that would motivate players to come here, our success may have tailed off but we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world and still have an awful lot of prestige attached to us. Also it’s not like Spurs are very far ahead of us and unless they spend some money I think they will be on a downward curve especially if they lose the likes of Eriksen. Also back to us, our success will come back, we have had a quiet five or so years but our club is too big to stay quiet forever.

Mr C

I would say united are at least 2 years off competing, so a 28/29 year old will be thnking about that, or should be.

For me we need to target younger, hungrier players who have time on their sides to be involved in a build process. I think 29 year old people coming to united are coming for money only. And it doesn't work, as Sanchez proves.

Someone like Kroos, or Varane who have won everything, I can see them wanting to take a challenge, Erikson, I would question his motives.

Ben Townsend

I would say united are at least 2 years off competing, so a 28/29 year old will be thnking about that, or should be.

For me we need to target younger, hungrier players who have time on their sides to be involved in a build process. I think 29 year old people coming to united are coming for money only. And it doesn't work, as Sanchez proves.

Someone like Kroos, or Varane who have won everything, I can see them wanting to take a challenge, Erikson, I would question his motives.
Varane maybe, but Kroos at 29 years old ? Im not sure.

this summer the signings just need to be right, cannot bare another bad window !

Mr C

Yeah, don't want Kroos, just saying his next club I imagine he will choose for the challenge rather than the wedge.

Erikson who's won nothing, should really be looking at medals and not money.

To be honest I don't think we'd go for him, nothing story.

I hope we go Sancho

Ben Townsend

Yeah, don't want Kroos, just saying his next club I imagine he will choose for the challenge rather than the wedge.

Erikson who's won nothing, should really be looking at medals and not money.

To be honest I don't think we'd go for him, nothing story.

I hope we go Sancho
Me too bud, Sancho would be top of my list I think - think he will light up the prem if played in his right position.

I like Koulibaly for the CB position, but would take a huge bid to prize him away from Napoli.

Really like Wan Bissaka, but I dont know if we will go for him with having Dalot.

Excited to see what the window brings anyway

boothstownred

I don't particularly want players who just come for the money. Neither have I said I want Eriksson. You posed the question why would he leave spurs to come to United and I gave you the answer. Plus we are not talking about a team that is light years ahead of United here, we are talking about spurs, who even in the period of stability they have had against our instability have won nothing. If we wanted Eriksson and he fancied it I think it would be an easy sell.

Mr C

Sorry, didn't mean to seem like I was having a pop, I was more saying the article has to be nonsense, can't see why we would want him or why he would come, unless it was for money.

Madrid are after him, but I'm not sure ZZ is all that a manager to be honest, we'll see.

boothstownred

Lol. Don't worry mate I am hard to offend I think he is good enough for us but I am not sure where he would fit us.