Chris Smalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he did well i have high hopes for him, i know he made a silly mistake but he's young and learning.

Showed lots of pace
Always willing to bring the ball out of defence.....but could put his boot through it when needed....

Still young, still learning, lets remember that he was playing non-league football before last season, he's come a very long way since then, time is on his side, despite all of this he looked very comfortable for his first match, comfortable on the ball, brilliant heading, good pace, i've seen top defenders give them penalties away in big matches, can't really criticise him for that especially on his debut, as long as he doesn't do it in competitive games. Very good debut.

he was decent last night. Safe, with good anticipation, always ready,he was more confident that Evans yesterday. Mas i think he was "naive" when he commited that penalty. And thereafter, he wasn't playing so well. But we have to consider that was his first game for a bigger team with greater expectations. Surely he'll improve, evolve and play better.

Probably a bit rusty too, he didn't exactly play a lot last season and there's been a longer break between season this year.

Good passer,read the game pretty well.For the penalty he did what he had to do. I wont fault him too much on that. Smalling is a good player. Bottom line- He is A GREAT SIGNING ! All he needs is more games to shake off the off season rust. He will be a beast for us. I love him already !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back