Status
Not open for further replies.
Ai there were a couple of cracking passes out to the left. I think the 3 younger CBs have done very well and enough to keep Vidic and Rio out of the side. Both could leave in the summer.

Young players showing a bit more character recently, really stepped up.

Norwich City - 28/12/2013

Good performance. He's a born defender. Rapid too. The yellow card was ridiculous.

Yeah he did well today out of position. A lot of the yellow cards were ridiculous.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

We lost the game down that side last year at Norwich. Dealt with Redmond well.

Sunderland - 22/1/2014

Probably United's best player. Dominant in the air.

Agreed. Thought both he and Evans were very good tonight, both individually and as a pair.

Cardiff City - 28/1/2014

Another top performance. He should be first choice centre back in my opinion. I hope we buy another right back in the summer so he can concentrate on being as a central defender.

Passing and composure in possession are two weaknesses that need improveming. I thought his passing was okay on Tuesday, bar one cross field pass which was intercepted, he completed 48 passes out of 50. He needs to keep it simple. Playing at right back where he needs to contribute in attack has probably exaggerated the weakness.

Arsenal - 12/2/2014

Played well and was decent in his less favoured right back position.

Olympiakos - 25/2/2014

Followed a poor showing at right back against Palace with an even worse performance tonight. He was bad. How many times did he slip? Not sure who else could have started at right back though.

He is not a full back. We all know that. I dont know if Rafael was fit or not, he certainly got off the coach. We could have played Valencia there and Smalling in his best position.

Was hoping for it, don't think Vidic should start now he's off, need to look to future without him. If we were playing well with him, it'd be a different matter maybe but there's no reason to play him because we've been poor with him. We've looked better all season when the younger CB's have started together. Evans/Jones, Evans/Smalling and Jones/Smalling today.

Bayern Munich - 9/4/2014

Very good. I'm repeating myself, but I think he should be first choice centre back. He can hold his own against the very best. Arguably our best defender this season.

We need all 3 CB's (Jones, Smalling and Evans) to stay fit, all 3 are more than good enough in my opinion. Because of injuries you'd have to look at getting someone of high quality in i'd say, someone more experienced too maybe.

Improving all the time, on form he'll be ahead of Jones in the pecking order for England in the summer at centre back you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back