Chelsea’s Striker Hunt

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty sure he’s a boyhood Chelsea fan but guess they want a plan B but signing a 37 year old Crouch seems mad.

English/homegrown quota pushing Chelsea to this madness. Either that or conte has lost his head along with his hair

Now they are apparently eyeing up Burnley’s Ashley Barnes. Can’t quite understand their interest in these average strikers.

Why not go for Vardy?

I mean now Lukaku has moved I think it’s fair to say Vardy is the best striker outside the big 6. That said if Chelsea have that sort of money to spend surely they’d go for Aubemeyang.

Looks like they’re after something cheap.

Yeah it’s incredibly bizarre all these links to strikers who have never really been prolific.

I agree about Vardy as he’s the best striker outside of the bigger teams. Even someone like Richarlison might be a better bet, even though Watford would be reluctant to sell. Just a very strange little period with Chelsea and their striker hunt.

They’ve got a bit of a track record at doing it though in the past signing guys like Anelka & Demba Ba but they were both guys who’d had fantastic starts to seasons with lesser clubs and they snapped them up in January.

The recent signings have been strange though Drinkwater, Barkley and now Carroll/Crouch links suggests they’re stocking up on English players but it’s really the B or C list English talent.

I think it's Jose playing his media game, I heard this morning they are after Slimani lol

Sky in Italy reporting that Chelsea are discussing a deal with Roma for Edin Dzeko.

This certainly would make more sense than Carroll or Crouch which just seemed absurd.

Sky in Italy reporting that Chelsea are discussing a deal with Roma for Edin Dzeko.

This certainly would make more sense than Carroll or Crouch which just seemed absurd.

Yeah apparently it's a joint deal for Dzeko and a left back that I've never heard of for around £50m. The deal seems to be on it's just a case of the clubs finding an acceptable middle ground on the price as they're about £10m apart.

He'd be a cracking signing I don't think City ever really replaced him as that alternative option up front as Bony was a bit of a flop.

Carroll, Crouch and Dzeko... Not so much the last one but what in the hell has gone wrong at Chelsea? I didn't think their year was going that badly? I mean I've not been watching or paying any attention really but are they in some kind of relegation fight? :D

Carroll, Crouch and Dzeko... Not so much the last one but what in the hell has gone wrong at Chelsea? I didn't think their year was going that badly? I mean I've not been watching or paying any attention really but are they in some kind of relegation fight? :D
I have no idea what’s going on, if they really were after a 37 year-old Crouch then the world has gone insane.

Dzeko would be a top signing for me, he always impressed me at City even if he wasn’t a regular. He was one of the best back ups in the league.

I have no idea what’s going on, if they really were after a 37 year-old Crouch then the world has gone insane.

Dzeko would be a top signing for me, he always impressed me at City even if he wasn’t a regular. He was one of the best back ups in the league.

Apparently he's gone off the boil a bit for Roma after a great start but he's one of the best "big men" around fantastic in the air but also very good on the floor the only thing he doesn't really have is speed but then Chelsea aren't looking for him to be a guy who runs in behind. For Roma maybe they feel this is a chance to get money in for him because they'll recover what they paid for him, which means they can re-invest it but selling your main striker mid-season when you're still in CL and competing for top 4 in Serie A is a ballsy move and suggests tht they've got something lined up as a replacement. They've got Monchi now as director of football the guy who was behind Seville.

This is something none of the top clubs apart from City & possible Arsenal have which is a reliable alternative to their number 1 centre forward, Arsenal have Giroud & City have Jesus but Utd, Spurs, Chelsea & Liverpool are all very reliant on one main striker. Spurs did some decent business getting Llorente as backup in the summer but I think Utd's backup plan with Zlatan hasn't really worked and it's meant we've over relied on Lukaku the same way Chelsea are with Moratta.

Sturridge, Vardy and Richarlison aren't target men 2nd choice strikers for when Morata is injured or suspended. That's why they're not interested. Llorente would be their best bet, surprised he went to Spurs and not Chelsea.

Sturridge, Vardy and Richarlison aren't target men 2nd choice strikers for when Morata is injured or suspended. That's why they're not interested. Llorente would be their best bet, surprised he went to Spurs and not Chelsea.

By all accounts Llorente was up for it but Chelsea hierarchy didn’t want to sanction the move it’s almost like they were trying to force the manager to play Michy who they’d invested in.

Spurs put in a bid and Chelsea didn’t match it this is what I think Conte is digging at when he refers to austerity Chelsea in the media.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back