Changing the back 4

jsp

why do we keep changing the back 4 every week it’s doing my head in.

Rojo & Shaw came in played alright last week then they’re dropped for Jones & Young? Why? Will someone actually ask the manager about this?

It’s reallydoing my head in as I think it’s hurting us just pick you best back 4 and stick with it this chopping and changing is going my head in.

I 100% agree with you.

I used to pride myself on the top top defenders we had at our club. Now we've got smalling, Jones, Rojo and Lindelof. I mean it's hardly the foundations of anything good.

I'm just surprised that a defensive coach like Jose who's worked with top defenders all his career hasn't sorted this out. Why's he not figured out smalling and Jones are shocking? Whys lindelof not getting game time to develop him? Is Jose telling us Smalling and Jones are better then Lindelof? Because if that's the case get the swed out the club with the other two idiots.

I think they’re all of similar ability just pick two and stick with them stop changing them all the time I don’t even care which ones we pick just pick 2 and stick with them for a run of games try and build a partnership.

The Jones & Smalling partnership needs to be binned it was never good enough and never will be just bin it.

It’s the same with the full backs why are we messing Shaw about again just put him in the team and leave him there Young is out of position a lot and going forward he always wants to cut back Shaw is just as dangerous.

The Lindelof stuff is getting weird he actually had a half decent run in the autumn now he’s disappeared again. Why?

Not sure the defence should be the major talking point after today's game. United's general play and the attacking unit was the reason why we lost today.

It’s just a wider gripe of mine and general talking point over the needless changes being made to the team on a game by game basis.

Yes the attack failed but we still gave up a stupid goal at a time where they hadn’t been under pressure at all for almost 45 minutes in the game.

Put Smalling in the reserves and never play him again.

Not sure the defence should be the major talking point after today's game. United's general play and the attacking unit was the reason why we lost today.

Was part of the reason but not the whole reason. The whole team was poor today. Half the team didn't look up for it and didn't play as a team. Tactics and selection poor. Performances both individually and collectively poor. Could see it coming before the game too when you see the lineup and it's the same one as v Spurs. Young, Jones and Smalling shouldn't be first choice players. Valencia didn't look fit. Pogba looked unfit too, perhaps a hamstring problem. Midfield 2 again too, we can see that Pogba is not at his best in a 2 and Matic is left exposed and his lack of mobility is highlighted. Front 4 just a bunch of individuals who don't look like they've played or even trained together before.

Saw a tweet last night that the back 4 yesterday has started in 3 of our 5 defeats last season.

Huddersfield, Spurs & Newcastle (a).

Jones went off injured before it all went wrong at Huddersfield from memory.

Away to chelsea we played a back 3 which I think was Bailly's last game before his injury and at home to City I think we had a back 4 but Rojo started instead of Jones who was injured.

Put Smalling in the reserves and never play him again.

Drastic but I wouldn’t be against it. He has the odd good game but they are few and far between. He looks a bag of nerves every time he receives the ball and he ends up just lumping it forward in the hope of reaching Lukaku. The very best teams build their foundations from the back, apart from De Gea our foundations are creaky as hell! E

Was part of the reason but not the whole reason. The whole team was poor today. Half the team didn't look up for it and didn't play as a team. Tactics and selection poor. Performances both individually and collectively poor. Could see it coming before the game too when you see the lineup and it's the same one as v Spurs. Young, Jones and Smalling shouldn't be first choice players. Valencia didn't look fit. Pogba looked unfit too, perhaps a hamstring problem. Midfield 2 again too, we can see that Pogba is not at his best in a 2 and Matic is left exposed and his lack of mobility is highlighted. Front 4 just a bunch of individuals who don't look like they've played or even trained together before.
Kind of took the words out of the mouth. Those were my exact thoughts from yesterday. There were many bad performances but Matic was so so poor but it was hard for him when he was basically a one man midfield with Pogba limping through the game.

How difficult is it to play out from the back ffs. Football is really simple, pass it forward and score a goal. All Smalling has to do is pass it to Pogba or Matic. How freaking hard is it? Most of our problem in how we play is down to the fact we don't move the ball forward quick enough. By the time we've faffed about, stood with the ball at our feet for a few seconds (which we're really seeing a lot of lately which I utterly hate), then played a sidewards pass, then Jones does the same, the other team has 11 men behind the ball and were struggling to get a pass to the forwards again. I thought that was why we bought Lindelof as he can play from the back?? Gonna stop now, I feel an @Edgy1968 type rant coming on...

Lindelof is quality at that, Jones and Smalling don't show for the ball and they aren't composed enough when they get it. Rio would get it and push forward, as you say, they just pass sideways, when they actually show for the ball.

Once Lindelof gets his mind sorted he is going to be quality, I just hope he gets over it, because he is good enough, he just needs to believe it.

How difficult is it to play out from the back ffs. Football is really simple, pass it forward and score a goal. All Smalling has to do is pass it to Pogba or Matic. How freaking hard is it? Most of our problem in how we play is down to the fact we don't move the ball forward quick enough. By the time we've faffed about, stood with the ball at our feet for a few seconds (which we're really seeing a lot of lately which I utterly hate), then played a sidewards pass, then Jones does the same, the other team has 11 men behind the ball and were struggling to get a pass to the forwards again. I thought that was why we bought Lindelof as he can play from the back?? Gonna stop now, I feel an @Edgy1968 type rant coming on...

Haha mate honest to god so much of our play just infuriates me, Rojo is quite bad for just booting it long and hoping for the best, its not rocket science to just play the ball into midfield, quick one touch passing, pass and move, jesus I was tough that when I was 12!

Roll on Chelsea home and Seville away, can't see my mood changing to much within the next week or two lol

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back