220px-Valenciacf.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Wednesday, 12th December 2018
Champions League
Mestalla Stadium
20:00
BST

I’d rather see us play 11 back up players lose 3-0 and be fresh for Sunday than take this semi seriously. Liverpool have to play their strongest 11 against Napoli so it’s one advantage we’ll have.

He should be playing the squad players and the kids. No doubt Matic will play hahahhaha

Be interesting to see who travels because we don't really have defenders we can risk given the injuries.

Can only assume players like Romero, McTominay, Periera, Darmian, Rojo will start as they need some minutes plus he's said Pogba will start.

Would be nice to see Chong get some game time in the first team he was on the bench for the Juventus game so I wonder if he might be the one who gets a start.

Squad

Romero Grant

Young Valencia Bailly Jones Rojo

Fred, Andreas, Herrera, McTominay, Garner, Pogba, Lingard, Fellaini, Mata

Lukaku, Rashford, Greenwood

Mourinho confirmed Garner will be on the bench and Greenwood is there as the backup if someone has a problem.

Is Chong fit?

Yeah Chong is fit, which kind of makes his absence from the Valencia squad a little baffling. He seemed to be the next cab off the rank when it came to youth players.

Greenwood probably won’t play but would be great to see Garner off the bench. Talent wise, Garner is right up there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He may not get on but seeing Greenwood on the bench is the most excited I’ve been viewing a line up for a while.

I'm pretty confident that if Lukaku started tonight means he won't be playing Sunday.

Anyone surprised we’ve conceded first again?

From this side you’d expect on one of the CB’s and Mata to be in the weekends side. But you’d hope Pogba and Fred could put themselves in the window

Valencia have scored the fewest goals in La Liga this season but they are creating a fair few chances. The left side of the defence has struggled. United's attacking play hasn't been much better.

So not a great performance then so far? I got rid of BT Sport so miss these games.

Juventus losing 2-0 to Young Boys. Had a chance to win the group

So... Now can we go? Because this is a disgraceful result made worse by the fact Juve are losing.

The feel good factor doesn't last long with United does it. Had the chance to give a couple of youngsters a go tonight and hasn't taken it. Deep down I knew he wouldn't

So... Now can we go? Because this is a disgraceful result made worse by the fact Juve are losing.

Where’d you want us to go? Pub? I’m in. I assume you mean Mourinho. They’re not sacking him on the back of a a supposed dead rubber European tie in a group we’ve qualified from!

It’s been awful. That’s a lovely goal though

Should have had a second why did we suddenly come alive in the 85th minute? Started moving the ball at pace and wanting to get a goal

Not sure what was worse; the defending or the general/attacking play.

Too many players jogging at half pace is the problem. No urgency in getting the ball back or playing with it

Where’d you want us to go? Pub? I’m in. I assume you mean Mourinho. They’re not sacking him on the back of a a supposed dead rubber European tie in a group we’ve qualified from!

Against a team as bad as Valencia have been? On a night we could have won the group? Sorry but he should have played his best side and tried to win the group. Sure Juve losing seemed unlikely but you do your bit and hope for results to go your way.

Against a team as bad as Valencia have been? On a night we could have won the group? Sorry but he should have played his best side and tried to win the group. Sure Juve losing seemed unlikely but you do your bit and hope for results to go your way.

To play our best side would have been absolutely insane. We were through, have Liverpool the weekend and we all thought of it as a dead rubber tie. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

I don’t think you can lay too much at Jose team selection after all Juve lost too, to a weaker side. It is what it is and at least we know who not to pick Sunday

I didn't watch as it was a dead duck game but I've heard it was dire.

How can it be so bad when most of these players have something to prove plus a chance to edge into the squad/team for the Liverpool game?

Wanted to see more of the young lads get a chance, knew that wasnt going to happen - but for me, the team to play at anfield remains a mystery still ....

Turned off after an hour when he made the 3rd sub as I was only really interested in seeing the youngsters play if they came on.

No one really showed why they should be in the team ahead of the guy currently starting.

No point making any snap judgements on anything really from the game Periera was given a chance but blew it.

Don't know if that is their first XI but they outplayed us they had a clear playing style and system whereas Utd looked like XI lads who'd met at a bus stop and decided to have a game of football. We simply don't move as a team when the ball is moving so many times we pass the ball to someone who's got no one within 20 yards of him and 3 or 4 players closing him down. That is the opposition team laying a trap for Utd to fall into by isolating a player and forcing the ball to him by pressing and because we have no organisation we eventually fall into it.

There is either no coaching going on or the players aren't listening as while this is a dead rubber game this is happening nearly every week and is showing no sign of improving. The manager simply has to go.

I bet Jose was sitting these thinking 'I knew I should have played Matic'

I am not one who shouts from the roof tops about throwing young kids in because at least they will try. However chong, Greenwood and garner could not have been worse than fred, Mata and lukaku and the fans would have cut Jose some slack had he given them game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back