Champions League Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Bebe and Hargo left out. Probably due to the current rules.

Conditions for Registration: List A
17.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season. As a
minimum, places 20 to 25 on List A (six places) are reserved exclusively for
“locally trained players” and no club may have more than three “associationtrained
players” listed in places 20 to 25 on List A. List A must specify the six
players who qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are
“club-trained” or “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable
clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.
17.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “associationtrained
player”.
17.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who – irrespective of his nationality and
age – has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or
not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match
of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match
of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months between the age of
15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the
end of the season during which the player turns 21).
17.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who – irrespective of his nationality
and age – has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the
same national association as that of his current club for a period, continuous
or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months between the age of 15 (or the
start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of
the season during which the player turns 21).
17.12 If a club has fewer than six locally trained players in its squad (i.e. in places
20 to 25 on List A), then the maximum number of players on List A is
reduced accordingly. Furthermore, if a club lists a player in places 20 to 25
on List A who does not fulfil the conditions set out in this article, that player is
not eligible to participate for the club in the UEFA club competition(s) in
question and the club is unable to replace him on List A.
Conditions for registration: List B
17.13 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B
during the season.
17.14 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1986
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA.

Hargo was trained in Germany so couldn't fill one of the last 6 spaces. And Bebe couldn't go on List B as he hasn't been at the club for 2 years.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html

no De Laet either, loan to championship club looks likely.
have a feeling it'll be Preston or Ipswich.
Would be an excellent player at championship level, already impressive in the premier league, especially as a RB or LB

De Laet performance at right wing is something to be excited about i think, he's got good technical skills for a defender, an O'Shea in the making for sure, a more attacking version.. think he'll be better JOS?

lol, Bebe is in the CL squad afterall!! lol, slap in the face for journo's hoping to make a big story out of it!

I was obviously wrong about Bebe. Guess I misunderstood the rule. Doesn't matter though, Fergie probably did this on purpose to let the media talk so he could wipe the smirk of their faces. I'd like to think that's what happened anyway.

I'm just going to visit them all when the time comes and laugh in their faces in person. I think he'll be played as a winger but we might see him develop in to an AM too in the future. He's not a player who can play upfront on their own though, he doesn't like not having the ball at his feet, he hasn't got the off the ball movement, but maybe in time he will get that and he may be able to play as a Striker. I think we'll most likely see him as a Deep forward, an AM and a Winger.

I think he prefers to be on the wing at the moment but Fergie will probably try to adapt him into an AM role. He said on Saturday that he prefers to be a winger.

Yoy won't find many interviews with him yet, not in English anyway as he can't speak English yet. He's definitely got the attributes to be an AM, still needs to adapt into that role though.

No surprise to see Hargreaves out of that list. Not even God knows when he returns to play. So, no problem with that.

I don't see Bebe getting too many chances at UCL. He'll play at Reserves, Carling Cup and some matches at EPL and FA cup, at most. Unless we qualify early. In that case, he could feature in one or two games, i suppose.

i was expecting to see De Laet on the list. He has more first team experience than Gill and Corry Evans for example. I think he may go out on loan, probably to Watford.

De Laet needs a place in the 25 unlike Gill and evans, who come into the B list, i think we might see Bebe play a part in the last 2 games of CL group stages if we get through after the first 4, CL experience would be great for Bebe.

The B List can be changed throughout the tournament too, I know De Laet can't go on there but players such as Eikrem can get on there up to 24 hours before a game.

yep, good news that, was worried that Eikrem wasn't registered, good signs that Corry Evans was selected, Fergie expects him to play a part this season then? ditto for Oliver Gill, if De Laet is loaned out, good chance to see him on the bench more often then..

Will Keane, Oliver Norwood, Joe Dudgeon and Magnus Eikrem have been included in United's B list for the UEFA Champions League.

Will Keane!! that must be a huge boost for him, hasn't been in the form he was last season so far, but only a matter of time before he also starts scoring like last season

Hopefully we'll see one of these players on the bench against Rangers next week. Unlikely though as there are no injuries at the moment and Ando and Rio are coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back