Champions League Quarter Final Draw 2018/19

I'd like to knock Liverpool out and watch them fail in the league too.

But Porto or Ajax have to be the preference.

I don't really care bring on anyone to be honest.

CL is all about taking on the best so for me I want one of the big boys I'd love to take on Simeone's Atletico as we've not really had a game against them but I want the big boys this is what it's all about.

Any of them I don't care. Bring them on. We can beat any side left in the tournament. In Ole we trust and believe.

Porto has to be the preference for sure. But I have a weird feeling it’ll be City - presumably they’ll beat Schalke but you do never know after the last two nights!

But like others have said I think we will believe we can beat anybody after last night. Plus last night was done with so many players out!

I wouldn't mind Bayern.

I just hope we avoid the English sides.

Would love to get an away ticket for Barca or Bayern, i think we would can beat anybody so bring them on !

Bayern would be good, means Liverpool is out.

Lyon would be nice, if I could get a ticket I could drive there

Bayern would be good, means Liverpool is out.

Lyon would be nice, if I could get a ticket I could drive there

Brilliant thinking, I'll bag some tickets and be able to stay with my bro lol, we'll try and arrange this if we end up getting Lyon - would you have a good chance of bagging tickets with living over there ? im gonna ask my bro now see what he thinks

Cant see it but my god football is a funny game.

I think Liverpool, City and Atletico are the toughest tests left in the competition, over 2 legs, Atletico are a nightmare, the other 2 I think we can get past. Obviously Barca have Messi and are top of La Liga, I wouldn't fear them like I would have in the past. Bayern is always a tough place to go and tough team to play over 2 legs if they get past Liverpool, but they're not what they were.

Draw on Friday.

Ajax
Barcelona
Juventus
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Porto
Tottenham Hotspur

When was the last time 4 English sides made it.

No other country has two.

D1kn8y6XgAUhbDh

Can’t work out how they’ve worked that out. The betting odds look more likely to me

Man City 5/2
Barcelona 10/3
Juventus 4/1
Liverpool 5/1
Man Utd 12/1
Tottenham 14/1
Ajax 25/1
Porto 75/1

Don’t know why I am doing this but hey I love a prediction.

City vs Liverpool
Spurs vs Barcelona
United vs Ajax
Porto vs Juventus

Think it's wide open every team has got a 20 minute wobble in them and at this level that could lose you the game because the attacks are so ruthless.

For Utd I hope we avoid the English sides not because I'm afraid of them I just like seeing Utd play against the best in Europe.

the best in Europe are probably City and Liverpool to be fair.

I'd like to see City - Liverpool. It normally comes up like that in a tight title race. Weird coincidenses

not sure if this is the best place for this.

If say City win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa

what happens to CL positions in the league

It depends. City are top 4 so would already have the spot.

If Arsenal or Chelsea don't finish top 4 but win the Europa then we'd get 5 spots. If Arsenal or Chelsea were to win the Europa but are in the top 4 we'd still only have 4. It doesn't go to the next place in the league.

ok, so 5th will never get a spot?

And if Chelsea win but are outside the top 4, they don't take 4th spot away.

Yeah - Basically the league has 4 spots that doesn't change. What would change that would be if say both City and Arsenal won the Champions League and the Europa League and fnished outside the top 4 then 4th would lose it's spot.

You can have a maximum of 5 spots so say Utd win the CL and finish 6th, Arsenal win Europa and finish 5th then the team who finished 4th would go to the Europa League next season. Otherwise it's top 4 plus another team if they win one of the comps but don't come top 4.

I don't think Barca look that good they just have Messi who can still turn it on when he needs to and put games to bed last night in the space of a 5 minutes he just totally took the game from Lyon who at 2-1 were well in the tie.

I think the 3 teams who look most convincing are Juventus, City & Liverpool my tip all season has been Juventus as I think they have the best balance between attack and defence but I have to say the two English sides really do look the part this year.

Barca don't seem that strong at the moment, we could cause them problems in attack. It really depends on Messi.

But IF we did win... Liverpool in the semi's!

and, we're at home first leg, despite the draw.

could it be a City vs pool final. Couldn't get a match I'd rather not watch

City vs Liverpool in a CL final kind of feels like the result of the deal that Fergie did with the devil for all the success of the 90's & 00's. We had 20 years of great highs now we must suffer a lifetime of horrible lows.

Barca is a tough draw but I don't think they are unbeatable but they are obviously going to be favourites for the match and I'm sure Herrera will get sent off in the first leg trying to man mark Messi.

I don't think we will the reality with Messi is you don't man mark him but you do your best to force him deep and wide by frustrating him and not allowing him space in front of your centre backs but if he manages to pull off some magic Messi there's very little you can do to stop him. Reality is against a player like him all you can make sure you do is don't gift him something if he pulls of some magic then that's just the way it goes. Even forcing him back into midfield isn't exactly brilliant because from there his passing is so good he can pull you apart. I mean I'll always be team Ronaldo because of what he did for us but Messi is all round the better player he is a freak that we'll be lucky to ever see anyone of that level play the game again.

The first leg is huge we have to go there with a lead to stand a chance of getting through Barca are a bit shakey away from home generally but at home they are ridiculous.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back