Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
180px-Sevilla_cf_200px.png

Tuesday, 13th March 2018
Champions League Round of 16 First Leg

Old Trafford
19:45 GMT

Assume Martial & Pogba won’t be back in time for this one.

I assume it will be the same team again maybe Lindelof in for Bailly depending on his ankle.

You’d hope Utd will be more on the front foot in this one and hopefully put on a show for the fans but I guess it’ll be the same attitude win by any means necessary usual Jose tactics keep it low scoring.

Does anyone else think that Martial's injury seems a bit hush hush and odd and now Pogba's feels the same.

Love to see us put another shift in like we did first half against Liverpool. Few goals first half then shut up shop.

Pogba got cut in the last minute of Fridays training session. It's a gash on the leg.

I don't think he's too bad, while Jose was being interviewed on match of the day Pogba came to give him a hug, so he was at the ground on Saturday.

Hard to tell some people will want to read into something that might not be there others will assume it's genuine.

I don't think the players and their agents would allow a story about them being injured to go out if it wasn't genuine.

Martial is fit to play according to the manager. Also pogba trained away from the media. But mourinho refused to confirm whether he is fit to start against Sevilla

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Young, Matic, Fellaini, Lingard, Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku.

Had a funny feeling Fellaini would start. Good line up though and lots of energy with Rashford and Lingard. Really hope this is the night Sanchez comes good.

Pogba & Martial on the bench.

Just get it done tonight reds.

Rashford starting from the right and Sanchez from the left with Lingard central.

Not a brilliant start Sevilla seem to have a lot more time on the ball than Utd do and we are struggling to keep the ball.

Really poor start. Sevilla have all the space in the world in the midfield.

So so sloppy in possession. If we are not careful then we are going to be behind. We need to get with it because most players are dawdling through this right now.

So poor in possession.

Why has he changed the team from Saturday? Tinkering for the sake of tinkering again from Jose.

Get Pogba on for Fellaini and get Rashford over to the left he’s wasted on the right.

Based on the way we’ve played in Europe this season we look like a last 16 team rather than a contender.

We are playing like we smashed them 5-0 in the first leg and are just going through the motions in the second leg. Desperately poor so far.

Pogba and Martial will give us an extra spark and right now we need something.

It’s the Jose way he never goes out with a plan to blow a team away he wants to keep the game close then rely on his quality players to provide the marginal differences.

Why are we dropping off this lot at home get up the pitch and play the game in their half they aren’t a good side.

No substitutions at half time and doesn’t look like he’s swapped the wide players.

To be going into the last 45 minutes at home at 0-0 in the tie where we really haven’t looked like scoring a goal is really really poor.

I’m sorry but Smalling has been useless. If I hear he was good again today I’ll cry. Is Bailly playing CB alone?

I mean the 3 behind the striker been really poor Lukaku is the only threat up there the creative players have offered nothing so far.

The build up play is a snail pace.

0-1

That is 100% deserved disgraceful performance from Utd.

Shit performance. But I hope his game puts to bed the idea Smalling is a good defender. He’s fecking awful as a footballer

The whole team can do one apart from Bailly & Lukaku not a single outfield player has looked like they belong at this level.

The manager needs to answer questions as well for 180 minutes against a team that let in a lot of goals we’ve hardly looked like scoring and they’ve created chance after chance against us.

This team is a long long way from being fixed.

Why do we wait until we are 2-0 down to show some attacking intensity? Baffling.

2-1 but long way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back