Champions League Knockout Stages 17/18

yes the law has changed, it would have been a straight red, actually, reading the BBC comments on the law change, it should have been a yellow really, for pushing.

Denying a goalscoring opportunity: Red card rule relaxed by IFAB

If he gave a yellow then I think that would've been the players 2nd yellow as he'd been booked shortly before that imagine if he'd sent him off as well as Buffon he'd have been going home in a coffin.

I assume you judge the challenge on it's merits I think it was an honest attempt to get the ball but it wasn't really fair because he pushed the guy in the back before making the challenge and not every tackle in football is a red/yellow card.

It was a penalty and the ref may not have sent off Buffon on another day but you can’t just power up to the ref like a bulldog. The way Buffon is now criticising Oliver is laughable, he should take a look at himself, he’s experienced enough to not lose his head.

If he wasn't retiring I could see Buffon getting in big trouble for his post game comments as they are bang out of order, maybe Oliver should respond criticising some of his performances recently. I would expect him to get a fine regardless.

He's accusing him of bottling a decision despite the fact he made a massive decision that he knew would be controversial either way imagine he doesn't give that pen and Madrid go out he'd be getting hammered today by the press & players in Madrid for bottling it.

People hold Buffon up as this kind of god like figure of how all footballers should behave but last night the mask slipped fair enough on the pitch he lost his head and had to take the punishment but the way he went on afterwards over a decision that was 50/50 and went against him was pathetic and shows that he's not really much better than anyone else. You don't get to the levels he's at by being a good loser.

Just read Ramos could get banned from the semi for not staying in the stands.

Where as this even come from prior to this season he had 45 goals in 5 seasons

Where as this even come from prior to this season he had 45 goals in 5 seasons
Who knows but he’s taking out Roma tonight! 2-0. A wonderful finish. Sheesh.

How did Roma knock out Barcelona? The defence looks woeful!

Roma have been absolutely woeful. It’s 3 and it could be double that by the end, they have been that bad.

I’m amazed at how Roma have played, they are playing such a high line and when you do that against Liverpool you’re going to get picked off. Puzzling performance.

Saw it coming so gave the mrs a night off from watching football as there's no way I was watching that.

From what I've read Roma committed suicide by trying to play a high line and Liverpool ripped through them.

2 away goals gives them hope and they've yet to concede at home in the CL this season but surely even Klopp will adjust his tactics sit in tight and just hit them on counters you can't see them giving away a 3 goal margin.

All of Europe has seen the blue print on how to stop this team Mourinho has given them 4 examples of it but no one seems to be paying any attention to it.

Scarf, shirt and mug ready to go! The mrs still can't get her head around the fact I want to watch Liverpool lol

I was out with a girl i'm seeing last night. Couldn't take my eyes off the second half of the game she could not get why I was interested in a game that involved no English side.

Great atmosphere in the bar I was in. Sets of German and Spanish fans giving it to eachother but all lighthearted and fun.

Watched the game last night in the pub couldn't believe what that keeper did what an idiot clearly just had a complete brain fart should've just picked it up once he went to ground.

Didn't understand why they took James off he was the danger man and they put a big man on as a tactic then took off the guy who was putting in the crosses, they ended up all over the place at the end all the wide players were in the box and I think it was Martinez who was trying to chuck in crosses.

James was apparently taken off for kicking the ball out when Ascensio went down.

Was a big fan of Bayern booting the ball back to the keeper when that 2nd ball came on when Madrid had played a short corner in the first half.

Their keeper reminded me of once at a 5 aside game. Keeper passes it out to me. I passed it back to him stupidly. But instead of his stopping it and giving away a penalty. He let it in cos he didn't want to give away a pen!

He comes out thinking he's facing a one on one and just gets confused when he gets to the ball first.

I wondered if he thought he might get a straight red for picking it up because he's denied a goal scoring opportunity which is why he seemed to chuck a leg at it last minute.

It wasn't the best back pass but he's made such a mess of it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back