Champions League Knockout Stages 17/18

I must say, after all the hype, and a huge hunt to find the video, I was a little deflated, a great goal yes, but not as good as it was made out to be.

Ronaldo said for him he thinks it’s the best goal of his career

Juve defender Andrea Barzagli: "Cristiano made up the second goal. It's a Playstation goal. When you come up against one of the best in the world like Ronaldo, you need to be perfect. If you give him any space, he'll punish you. He scored a goal that will go down in history - and unfortunately it was against us."

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri: "I don't know if Cristiano's goal is the best in the history of football, but it's certainly an extraordinary goal. You can only congratulate him for what he's doing at present."

——————————————

The ball must have been 7 foot plus in the air when he makes contact. The ball is higher than the jumping Juve defender

What are our predictions for Liverpool vs City then?

I really hope it’s an attacking game and full of goals. I for one think Liverpool can nick it but we all know City can rip anyone apart in the blink of an eye. I’m gonna go for a 2-1 Liverpool win.

4-1 City. Tie over. Pep will have learnt from last time and City will tear them apart regularly.

2-1 Liverpool

City’s record at anfield is toilet and I think Liverpool have the weapons to hurt them as they can go toe to toe but I think it’ll be close with both team scoring.

Expect City to do enough at home to win the tie overall.

I hate Liverpool far more. Wanted City to hammer them.

Liverpool have been brilliant everyone on the front foot since that 1st goal and City are spooked they need to get the HT at 3-0 regroup and try to get at least one away goal 2nd half.

Salah going off is a real blow. Liverpool are sitting back now, could cost them because City will make some chances before this game ends.

Yeah he’s tried something new tonight and it really hasn’t worked but Liverpool when they get like that are almost unstoppable City just couldn’t weather the storm.

If they could get it back to 3-1 they’ve got a chance at home but 3-0 looks like game over.

If they could get it back to 3-1 they’ve got a chance at home but 3-0 looks like game over.
Yeah the last 10 minutes of this tie is going to be crucial. If City score then I would bet on them going through but making up a 3-0 deficit is going to be tough without an away goal in the bank because if Liverpool score City will need 5.

So after the first legs it looks like Liverpool, Barca, Madrid & Munich in the semi finals.

Would love an el Classico final.

Fact of the matter is if Liverpool score 1 goal now city need 5. So it's a huge hole the genius that is Pep finds himself in. After being opened up at Anfield on boxing day why didn't he learn from that? Why didn't he adapted?

Me personally I would love Liverpool to dump City out. Then Madrid and Ronnie batter Liverpool in the semis. We finish 2nd and win the FA cup. I'd be delighted.

Just read that Ronaldo made contact with the ball at 2.44 metres. The cross bar is 2.40

I still don’t think the City tie is over though.

It's never over but very few teams have over turned a 3-0 defeat in the first leg the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head was Milan bottling it vs Deportivo and that must have been 15 years ago.

I also think this is a City team that is starting to look tired whereas Liverpool look fresh and full of beans but Liverpool look much happier defending deep than City do and Liverpool have the ability to push them back both home and away because of the threat of that front 3.

If Salah is out of the 2nd leg & City can get an early goal and build pressure could Liverpool hang on as City are probably the best team in the league at pinning you in & sustaining pressure especially at home. Henderson is out so I guess they'll be hoping to have Can fit.

People mocked them for it in the build up but the atmosphere last night at Anfield was electric and while I don't think it spooked City players it definitely pumped up that Liverpool team, City just couldn't handle being put under pressure

Games can swing on marginal calls and 2 went against City last night at 0-0 Salah gets put through and he's just offside but eventually that attack leads to the opening goal then 2nd half a similar call Sane gets flagged in the build up to a goal for Jesus so even had they got back to to 3-1 that changes the game.

It's never over but very few teams have over turned a 3-0 defeat in the first leg the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head was Milan bottling it vs Deportivo and that must have been 15 years ago.
How could you forget the Barca vs PSG tie last year! Barca 4-0 down from the first leg and then win 6-1 in the second leg.

I do remember that Milan vs Deportivo game. Depor really had some top players back then, we had some proper tough ties against them.

I've learnt to never rule out anything in sport anymore. After last years quarter finals and the last two Super Bowls I refuse to believe anything is beyond a come back.

Liverpool came back from 3 down in a final to level it with Milan and win on penalties. Anything is possible.

An early City goal would spook Liverpool and literally anything can happen and City DO have the players to make it happen.

Just one goal from Liverpool and it's gotta be over so Liverpool may press for an early killer goal too. Tricky one for Klopp, if he sit's back he could get hammered, if he goes forward he could hit jackpot or could get caught short. Be a hell of an interesting game.

If Liverpool are without Salah then I would give City a fair shot of turning this around. Without him Liverpool can be a little toothless but with him he can produce a moment of magic that can kill the tie.

It could be a classic though with City needing goals and Liverpool brilliant on the counter attack.

29694980_1710881828948705_8692026093474938880_n.jpg

I mean... I really don't care who wins this next tie between City and Liverpool. As long as whoever wins gets dumped out in the next round I'll be happy.

I mean... I really don't care who wins this next tie between City and Liverpool. As long as whoever wins gets dumped out in the next round I'll be happy.
Think that’s what we all hope. Liverpool to go through tonight and then get stuffed in the next round.

Predictions for tonight? I think City will go out hard and get a couple of goals but Liverpool will get one back. City will get two more and then Liverpool hit them on the break. 4-2 City.

Chance that Liverpool might be complacent tonight and City will be well up for it after the last 2 games. They have to play the perfect game tonight. Didn't watch the first game as it was "urgh!" but gonna try and look past who is playing tonight and hopefully it'll be a really fun game with lots going on.

Liverpool are rattled here can’t keep the ball under the pressure from City.

Will City run out of steam?

Not sure the Liverpool midfield will be able to get a hold of midfield they’re outnumbered and outgunned and they need to disrupt the City rhythm either with fouls or just booting it in the stand or keeping it even if it’s just 10 passes.

Is this Liverpool's attempt at parking the bus? So deep. Stick to what you know klopp.

Wrongly dissallowed City goal. Feel for them.

Not sure it is for Sane to be onside the pass from the Liverpool player has to be intentional but not sure at what point that rule applies because he’s onside when the initial ball goes in Karius punches it into Milner so is that a new phase of play?

I mean how have the officials not seen that.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back