Champions League Group Stage Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Champions League Group Stage Draw takes place tomorrow at 5PM. Ideal draw?

Pot 1
Internazionale
Barcelona
Manchester United
Chelsea
Arsenal
Bayern Munich
Milan
Lyon

Pot 2
Werder Bremen
Real Madrid
Roma
Shakhtar Donetsk
Benfica
Valencia
Marseille
Panathinaikos

Pot 3
Tottenham Hotspur
Rangers
Ajax
Schalke 04
Basel
Braga
Copenhagen
Spartak Moscow

Pot 4
Hapoel Tel Aviv
Twente
Rubin Kazan
Auxerre
CFR Cluj
Partizan
Žilina
Bursaspor

we cant be drawn against another English club.

Ideally:

Benfica
Basel
Žilina

But no doubt we'll draw:

Real Madrid
Schalke 04
Rubin Kazan

I'd rather we don't have to go east, especially as the first game lies between Everton away and Liverpool at home. I'd hate to have to go to Ukraine or Russia before Liverpool at home.

I actually hope we get the big teams, it worked in 98/99. Real, Ajax and Rosenborg is my preferred group.

Rosenborg in Pot 4. Pot 3 i'd take Copenhagen. Pot 2 i'd probably take Benfica too. That would be my group if I was looking for easy. Rosenborg and Copenhagen aren't long distances to travel and Benfica aren't as strong as last season without Di Maria, it's also not way out. I don't mind who we get really as long as we don't have to go too far east to places like Turkey, Russia and Ukraine.

I think we'll draw with:

Bremen
Rangers
Spartak

But i really want to face Madrid. It would be a very special game. SAF vs Mourinho again, Ronaldo returning to Old Trafford, not to mention it's time to payback all the defeats suffered to them in UCL.
But I think Spaniards Will draw with Lyon, AGAIN.

I want to avoid Bursaspor. The trip can be tiring, and the things almost never ending up well in United trips to Turkey.

There's 3 teams in Pot 2 who have been weakened. Bremen losing Ozil. Valencia losing Silva and Villa. Benfica losing Di Maria. I must also remind you that the teams above haven't all qualified yet.

Schalke would be funny ... but I hope they do not draw a german team this term.

I alway´s have the feeling Manchester do not play very well in Germany :/

Pots updated with all the teams that are actually in the draw.

Madrid are gonna be a very tough team to beat this season, esp. with Mourinho's defensive tactics...i hope Chelsea or Arsenal get them :D

United's group:

United
Valencia
Rangers
Bursaspor

Valencia aren't much of a force without Villa and Silva, but it'd be silly to ignore them.. Rangers should be interesting but i think we should easily beat them, the Turkish away game is going to hostile!! lol :D

I think Bursaspor Away might be the toughest game of the draw!!! the atmosphere can be unsettling, any ideas on when the fixtures are?

Not a bad draw. Valencia are weakened from last season. Bursaspor are an unknown quantity, probably be a hostile atmosphere there as usual with Turkish clubs. Hoping to get to 1 of the home games.

I liked the draw. Did not want to face the Bursaspor, for the reasons that I explained earlier.But it's always interesting to see United face an opponent That We never met before. Valencia is weakened with the departures of Silva and Villa. But Valencia vs Valencia sounds interesting. :D
No surprise to see Rangers in our group. Celtic in 06/07 and 08/09. Rangers in 03/04 and now. Who will be next? Hearts? Hibernian? :D

Everton (A) - Rangers (H) - Liverpool (H)
Bolton (A) - Valencia (A) - Sunderland (A)
WBA (H) - Bursaspor (H) - Stoke (A)
Tottenham (H) - Bursaspor (A) - Wolves (H)
Wigan (H) - Rangers (A) - Blackburn (H)
Blackpool (A) - Valencia (H) - Arsenal (H) - Chelsea (A)

Late sep. will be a little complicated. Three away games in a Row.

In a few years I doubt even Rangers and Celtic will be getting in the Champions League. They ain't got the money to do it anymore.

Radio commentary should be funny. "Scholes to Valencia... the player"

The last home game against Valencia is going to be mostly played with a reserve team considering our next two fixtures, we should ideally have qualified with 2 games to go...good chance for the youngsters to get the experience of playing in Spain..

Yeah I expect we'd have qualified by then but I was hoping to go to that one.

Manucho scored for Bursaspor over the weekend. Guaranteed he scores against us. Unlike many, I actually rate him, unfortunately he was already 25 when he joined the club so wasn't going to impress much. Assisted Danny Welbeck's first goal for the club if you remember.

If he was 18 and had the ability of when we signed him, he'd still be at the club in my opinion. He was already in the peak of his career when we signed him. He had a really good African Nations Cup when we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back