Champions League 2020/21: PSG v Manchester United

Think he’s going to ring the changes for this one really can’t see us getting anything out of it their attack will run rings round our defence.

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles

Matic Pogba VDB

Bruno Martial Rashford

I wouldn’t start Pogba but I think he will I’d much rather see Fred or McTominay in from the start.

My guess is Cavani will be on the bench only trained today.

Maybe but not a fan of the system.

Big test for AWB up against Neymar can he shut down the Brazilian if he goes to ground a lot against him could find himself in big trouble

Maybe but not a fan of the system.

Big test for AWB up against Neymar can he shut down the Brazilian if he goes to ground a lot against him could find himself in big trouble
But Telles is said to be great going forward so put him in front of Shaw

But Telles is said to be great going forward so put him in front of Shaw

Yeah to be honest if we are going to a back 3 I’d rather play 3 proper centre backs and bench Shaw but it seems to be the case that full backs tuck in as one of the centre backs guess it’s because they are comfortable to go out and defend wide areas.

Just think if we got back 3 our wide players will get forced back not sure we’ve got strikers we can play direct to either.

Yeah to be honest if we are going to a back 3 I’d rather play 3 proper centre backs and bench Shaw but it seems to be the case that full backs tuck in as one of the centre backs guess it’s because they are comfortable to go out and defend wide areas.

Just think if we got back 3 our wide players will get forced back not sure we’ve got strikers we can play direct to either.
Must be honest Rashfords performance last night was also influencing me. If he plays like that we can easily do them on the break and they will be very wary of that

I don’t think it will be 3 at the back but I think McT/Matic and Fred will start to give that protection. Then Fernandes, Pogba or VDB in more of a wider position.

So maybe:

De Gea

AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw

Matic - Fred

Fernandes - VDB - Rashford

Martial​

I've not caught up, where was Greenwood on Sat? Injured? Is he fit for this one?

I think resting Pogba and Matic was a good call now they can be fresh for this one. Good win at the weekend to kick on from. We all know we have the quality in that first XI to beat anyone on our day, problem is we don't have out day too often. Could be an interesting game. Wouldn't surprise me if we got beat 2-0 or won 2-0.

I've not caught up, where was Greenwood on Sat? Injured? Is he fit for this one?

I think resting Pogba and Matic was a good call now they can be fresh for this one. Good win at the weekend to kick on from. We all know we have the quality in that first XI to beat anyone on our day, problem is we don't have out day too often. Could be an interesting game. Wouldn't surprise me if we got beat 2-0 or won 2-0.

There were rumours going round him and Williams were dropped for being caught out drinking during the week before the game so it was disciplinary but they were only rumours. When asked about Greenwood Ole just said he wasn't available for this game but I believe both have been pictured training with the team so would assume they'll be back in contention.

According to MEN Bailly, Cavani, Greenwood and Maguire haven't travelled to Paris.

Wonder who's going to play centre back if that is the case

Don't players very occasionally make their own way to games? I remember a big hoo ha a while ago with Pogba not being on a station platform with the rest of the squad and he played.

Given all the protocols around covid I doubt they'd be travelling separately as Utd will have chartered a plane for this trip to minimise contact with anyone outside of their bubble.

In normal times you'd sometimes get the odd occasion but very rarely on a European away and most of the time it would be players making their own way home rather than their way to a game unless it was emergency circumstances.

According to MEN Bailly, Cavani, Greenwood and Maguire haven't travelled to Paris.

Wonder who's going to play centre back if that is the case
Tuanzebe and TFM are the options I guess. Unless you put Shaw as an auxiliary centre back and brought in Telles. McTominay has also played there but yeah it’s very worrying.

Jones and Rojo are not eligible as they are not in the UEFA squad.

Is Tuanzebe even fit hasn’t played in almost a year?

Could be going Matic in a back 3 with Lindelof and Shaw

Do you put AWB and Shaw in the back 3 with Lindelof?

Ole confirmed Bruno will captain the side tomorrow.

Greenwood unavailable not disciplinary but has been pictured in training so who knows what is going on there.

Jones and Rojo are not eligible as they are not in the UEFA squad.

Is Tuanzebe even fit hasn’t played in almost a year?

Could be going Matic in a back 3 with Lindelof and Shaw

Do you put AWB and Shaw in the back 3 with Lindelof?
I think tuanzebe is fit so I would expect him to play probably with lindelof and shaw.. We really did make a mess of this transfer window.

AWB Lindelof Shaw
James..............................Telles
That for me would be a recipe for disaster. I think we’ll stick with 4 at the back with two holding midfielders especially with Maguire and Bailly out.

Yeah positionally AWB is not the greatest so not sure he's really one for playing that wide centre back role Lindelof would likely be left exposed like a sitting duck and his passing would get him in trouble.

Tough game ahead tonight, can see counter attack being the order of the day. Do we think Mata will be rested? Seems a shame not to have him starting and keeping that chemistry with Bruno alive. Can see VDB starting due to his recent CL experience.

I think Mata will be used sparingly this season for games against weaker opponents that will give him space and time on the ball where he can obviously punish teams.

I think Utd have to try and be aggressive from the start try and unsettle them a bit see if we can get them out of their comfort zone and wind them up a bit. That doesn't mean go flying in with hard tackles just niggle them see how they react.

The big decision will be Pogba I don't think he should come back in for this game but will Ole try to fit him in and hope he can give us the control in the midfield that at his best he can give. My worry as always with him is him switching off defensively to much which against a team as good as PSG is so dangerous.

It's a tough match for us, I'm expecting to lose so anything other than that is a bonus.

I think their attack will be too much for our defence.

It’s going to be very tough, PSG started the season slow but they have regained their form. I don’t really know but I guess their front three this season has been Neymar, Icardi and Mbappe when all fit or not suspended and that three is fearsome. Even with a full string defence it would be tough, I guess the tactics will be to soak up pressure and hit them on the counter with the pace of Martial and Rashford.

I think Icardi is injured currently and he's not always started think they normally start Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria as the front 3 and Icardi is on the bench normally.

I believe Verrati is also missing tonight.

Just can't afford sloppy mistakes at the back if you make silly errors those 3 are going to punish you as they've got so much ability so bit like the game a few seasons ago we have to be ruthless when chances come our way, punish any mistake they make and don't give them any gifts.

They defo have injury issues but if we have Maguire and Bailly out I think we could be a world of trouble with their front 3. Whoever steps in will not be good enough for this kind of challenge.

I think maybe we wont be playing the 3 at the back due to the lack of cb's. Maybe a 4 with Telles Shaw Lindelof AWB with Matic literally sitting right in front of them. Only other option would be McT at CB. Eeeek.

It's a shame, we've waited so long for this type of game again and we can't even compete on a level playing field.

If Tuanzebe has travelled then he's got to start him he's got no choice.

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Shaw

McTominay Matic VDB

Bruno Martial Rashford

I'd probably end up with something like that just protect them as best we can ask Bruno to play off the flank in the front 3 be a bit more disciplined than he normally is.

If Tuanzebe has travelled then he's got to start him he's got no choice.

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Shaw

McTominay Matic VDB

Bruno Martial Rashford

I'd probably end up with something like that just protect them as best we can ask Bruno to play off the flank in the front 3 be a bit more disciplined than he normally is.
Why are you dropping De Gea? he had a good game against Newcastle with some fine saves which actually kept us in it at 1-1
Are you downgrading CL games these days? Please dont tell me you think he needs a rest.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back