Champions League 2020/21: Manchester United v RB Leipzig

I think we’ll go four at the back, Leipzig are a good team but they have lost a couple of good players so are not as strong as they were. Obviously still a really dangerous team but I fully expect a back four.

I think we’ll see Pogba and Greenwood starting as well.

I think it’ll be a back 4 and we will see some rotation that Arsenal game at the weekend is becoming a bit must win now.

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles

Matic Fred

Greenwood VDB Rashford

Martial

I also think it will1be 4 at the back I just think it's wrong. Next 2 league games are going to be massive

I don't think the Arsenal game is a must win more than any other game. We do have a game in hand.

The Arsenal game is a big one. Winning the game in hand will be a confidence boost and puts us in a healthy league position, losing it will put heads down.

The team needs a win in the league to kick start the season a bit the table is a bit pointless this early on but we want to make sure we don’t get left behind.

We’ve had chances to take points from rivals at home and haven’t taken them Spurs and Chelsea both came and took points we need to make sure Arsenal don’t do the same.

Beating Leipzig would be huge in terms of our chances of European progress 6 points going in to the double header with Instanbul puts us in a very strong position.

They’ve had a good start to the season so will be brimming with confidence and they’ll fancy their chances against us so won’t be an easy game.

Who knows what team Ole will dish out this week. I can't quite believe he didn't play the team that beat PSG at Chelsea.

Who knows what team Ole will dish out this week. I can't quite believe he didn't play the team that beat PSG at Chelsea.

Martial banned no other fully fit centre forward
Tuanzebe had played 1 game in nearly a year
Telles I assume wasn’t fit as didn’t make the bench

Pretty obvious why he didn’t pick the same team again so he went with the one who beat Newcastle 4-1 less than a week ago.

There are no easy games anymore and every game is a must-win. Ole should put his best available team out, try to win the game in front of us instead of worrying about the next one.

-------------------DeGea------------------
AWB----Lindelof-----Maguire------Shaw
---------VDB------------McTominay------
Mata------------Bruno-----------Rashford
------------------Cavani--------------------

Pogba, Greenwood, Telles, Matic, Tuanzebe as sub options.

I realize this is not VDB's preferred role but I think he and Bruno will link well, McTominay's athleticism is and VDB's energy and recycling the ball should work well. Cavani should be able to give us 60 minutes at least.

I don't think the Arsenal game is our game in hand is it?

Arsenal (and chelsea) are playing well at the moment, I think as long as we don't drop points you can't complain. We did enough to beat Chelsea but they came to not lose, or even not concede.

Arsenal i think it will be more open, I do happen to think we have enough to beat them actually. But I'm not going to lose my ship if we get a draw.

Clearly the weird season and pre season is affecting everyone

I think the starting 11 made sense against Chelsea, after the start we had, keep the same side.

I do expect to see some changes agaisnt Arsenal though, I can see Cavani starting, and possibly Pogba too.

No our game in hand is Burnley away date for us to catch up that game isn’t confirmed will likely happen in January if we don’t get through in league cup.

There are no easy games anymore and every game is a must-win. Ole should put his best available team out, try to win the game in front of us instead of worrying about the next one.

-------------------DeGea------------------
AWB----Lindelof-----Maguire------Shaw
---------VDB------------McTominay------
Mata------------Bruno-----------Rashford
------------------Cavani--------------------

Pogba, Greenwood, Telles, Matic, Tuanzebe as sub options.

I realize this is not VDB's preferred role but I think he and Bruno will link well, McTominay's athleticism is and VDB's energy and recycling the ball should work well. Cavani should be able to give us 60 minutes at least.
Interested why you would drop Fred? He's been in decent form lately and was brilliant at PSG.

I'm in the camp that thinks we need desperately need points on the board against Arsenal.

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Telles

DVDB Fred Bruno

Greenwood Cavani Martial

Take Cavani and Telles off after 60 if they needs to save their legs. As i'd have both starting on Sunday. I wouldn't mind if Maguire or Lindelof play but Tuanzebe needs more minutes in his legs.

May even have Bruno on the bench and let Pogba ger a start.

I am more in favour of the 3 at the back we played against PSG. However I would be happy to see this team just to see how that midfield do.

I'm in the camp that thinks we need desperately need points on the board against Arsenal.

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Telles

DVDB Fred Bruno

Greenwood Cavani Martial

Take Cavani and Telles off after 60 if they needs to save their legs. As i'd have both starting on Sunday. I wouldn't mind if Maguire or Lindelof play but Tuanzebe needs more minutes in his legs.

May even have Bruno on the bench and let Pogba ger a start.

We desperately need points against every team we play at the minute lol

I like the look of that team, could be interesting to see how they get on

I'd go more or less same XI as PSG with Cavani starting over Martial.
----------------DDG-----------
---Tuanzebe-Maguire-Shaw--
-AWB--McTominay--Fred--Telles-
------Bruno------Rashford------
---------------Cavani---------------

2-0 to United, and i don't see this as a case of rest players for Arsenal, positive win and performance tonight, kick on with same team and beat the Gunners. :)

I think I'd go with Tuanzebe - Maguire - Lindeloff at the back for this one, they are quite tall up front

looks like Telles is on the missing list again. Wonder whats going on there, no one has said he is injured

He's our new Phil Jones ;)

This looks like a Greenwood case, missing from the Chelsea squad, training this week and squad tonight. Does the timeframes fall into a 14 day quarantine possibly that Utd have kept very hush hush?

Confirmed 4-4-2 diamond

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Matic

Fred Pogba

VDB

Martial Greenwood

Subs Henderson, TFM, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Williams, Fernandes, James, Mata, McTominay, Cavani, Ighalo, Rashford

The club lined it up as a diamond but could easily be 4-2-3-1 with Greenwood and VDB playing wide.

Yeah will be interesting to see Upemekano as well for Leipzig.

1-0 Greenwood

Lovely finish thought it was giving to be given offside very close

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back