Champions League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Atalanta ~ Weds Oct 20th 8pm KO

SuperRash

Here we go again!

This feels like an absolute must win with two tough away games to come against Villarreal and then these guys.

Can’t say I know much about Atalanta but they are certainly no mugs and are doing okay in Serie A so far this season. The individuals (I mean team) are going to have to be fully at the races to win this one.

I would probably make a few changes to just try and freshen it up and to be honest some of the guys yesterday shouldn’t have been allowed back on the bus.

De Gea

AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw

Fred - VDB

Sancho - Fernandes - Lingard

Greenwood​

Ronaldo and Rashford to come on as impact subs. Also Lingard deserves a start for me.

Think we are going to have our hands full they’re a bit like Leeds work their nuts off but leave you gaps that can be exploited.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McT Fred

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Greenwood

In reality we all know it’ll be Ronaldo up front but based on recent games it shouldn’t be this team isn’t good enough to carry him at centre forward. I’d have Greenwood or Cavani up top ahead of him.

Back to winning ways. I think we can demand a response out of Ole and the team. This shit-show they've been serving up lately has got to stop. I would not be surprised if the owners gave Ole the message that you win this or you're out. I'm getting real Frank Lampard vibes from Ole's approach.

Back to winning ways. I think we can demand a response out of Ole and the team. This shit-show they've been serving up lately has got to stop. I would not be surprised if the owners gave Ole the message that you win this or you're out. I'm getting real Frank Lampard vibes from Ole's approach.

Don't think thats our owners style to be honest.

It'll be the fans and probably the players that decide when Ole goes once they start to turn on him the owners will act just like they did with Mourinho.

The chips are down so maybe time to bring back the 'W' formation:

Henderson

Bailly Mengi

Bruno McTom Fred

Amad Greenwood Cavani Rashford Elanga

With Ronaldo, Martial, Sancho, Lingard and Phil Jones on the bench in case they are needed.

And i've heard Fred the Red is on holiday on Wednesday night so a chance for Pogba to step into his shoes. Having watched him perform over the last 5 years apart from the once every two months he looks remotely interested, and it looks like he's playing wearing Fred's shoes most of the time anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for him.

ps. I'm joking. Fred the Red isn't on holiday.

I hope he grows some and benches Ronaldo and Bruno

never going to happen though, he's not got the balls to make the big calls. Players are starting to show too much power and he need to get on top of it.

I'd change the formation too, cant decide to what though

ddg
dalot
Bailly
Maguire
Lindelof
Shaw

DVDB
Mctom

Sancho
Greenwood
Rashford

However I do think Lingard deserves a start.

I know he needs a radical change but not sure starting with 10 players in the answer Mr C.

There was a good bit on MNF last night about the number of attacking players Utd have in the side on Saturday it was 5 Pogba plus the front 4 and Carra was saying you can't play with 5 attacking players. Well Liverpool and City do but Chelsea certainly don't. Liverpool's two full backs are basically wingers and the front 3 at City it's a front 3 with 2 in midfield the difference is in those teams the attacking players are the hardest working players in the team. At Utd that is simply not the case and that is what needs to change.

So I think yeah dropping Ronaldo and Bruno would be a bold move but it might be one that needs to be made bring in Cavani and Lingard for tomorrow for them and try and get more hard work up top and in midfield it probably will have to be McFred. Pogba can't survive a performance like that and Matic won't have the legs for this one and VDB is not a midfielder in our system.

I know he needs a radical change but not sure starting with 10 players in the answer Mr C.

There was a good bit on MNF last night about the number of attacking players Utd have in the side on Saturday it was 5 Pogba plus the front 4 and Carra was saying you can't play with 5 attacking players. Well Liverpool and City do but Chelsea certainly don't. Liverpool's two full backs are basically wingers and the front 3 at City it's a front 3 with 2 in midfield the difference is in those teams the attacking players are the hardest working players in the team. At Utd that is simply not the case and that is what needs to change.

So I think yeah dropping Ronaldo and Bruno would be a bold move but it might be one that needs to be made bring in Cavani and Lingard for tomorrow for them and try and get more hard work up top and in midfield it probably will have to be McFred. Pogba can't survive a performance like that and Matic won't have the legs for this one and VDB is not a midfielder in our system.
He may aswell not be a player in our entire squad mate, probably see him move on in Jan wont we ?

He may aswell not be a player in our entire squad mate, probably see him move on in Jan wont we ?

Should have forced his way out in the summer to be honest but Ole seems reluctant to let anyone leave apparently we blocked a loan move to Everton at the last minute.

VDB should be off on loan in January no doubt if I was him I'd be telling the club I want out make it happen.

Said before our recent wobbles that I expected Atalanta to win at Old Trafford, not because I think we're crap more that they are mighty impressive away from home and have been for quite a while. They are a joy to watch when they get it right.

Let's hope on Wednesday they don't.

Luckily for United their wingbacks Hateboer and Gosens who make their system work so well are not available.

Maehle who was impressive for Denmark in the Summer, and Chelsea flop Zappacosta will probably be their replacements.

Zapata is one of the best at leading the line in Europe, and he and Ilicic, who is either a Magician or a Rabbit will need watching.

And De Roon, after the game I bet a lot of United fans will say he'd be ideal for us to sit in front of our back-four.

Oops nearly forgot Demiral is there as well, a player many felt was the best young centre-half out there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoping the Boys in Black are reading this and try and get the game called off as it could be humiliating :D

Fire alarm in Atalanta's hotel set off four times overnight. Lame.

Had Liverpool fan on the radio earlier saying Ole's wheel is going to come off this week.

Can't see it, but I'd love to beat them on Sunday, even more than in a normal season, if that's possible.

Liverpool games have always been odd games even when they were struggling they'd turn up and get wins against us same going the other way it's a game that doesn't always go to form.

They beat us at home last season but by then Utd had nothing to play for they needed the win for top 4 and it was our 3rd game in 5 days due to the postponment. It was really dissapointing that we weren't the team to end their long unbeaten record at home last season we got a 0-0 which at the time wasn't a bad result but then they lost 3 or 4 in a row at home.

Hard to really call this one tonight they sound like they've got all the necessary tools to give us problems.

Ole confirmed no Varane or Martial tonight but everyone else is available so interesting to see what he does with his line up as that result at the weekend had been coming for a while.

Had Liverpool fan on the radio earlier saying Ole's wheel is going to come off this week.

Can't see it, but I'd love to beat them on Sunday, even more than in a normal season, if that's possible.

For all their obvious faults they are football people, and they will be worried about the weekend, nothing surer.

Utd could be top and Liverpool could be bottom and I still wouldn't fancy us to beat them at Anfield I think their fans feel the same way about coming to Old Trafford.

They've not had many wins at Old Trafford down the years think Klopp has 1 win in the league and 1 win in the Europa League against Utd at Old Trafford.

Got to get tonights game out the way first though.

United's 19s showed the first team the way early this afternoon with an impressive performance beating Atalanta 4-2 in the UEFA Youth League.

Atalanta score first and last.

Made 3 changes I’ve been calling for a consistent line up so I won’t complain.

Think Sancho is a little unlucky to miss out but the two goal scorers from the weekend had to start.

There’s a lot of players out there tonight who need to put in 7-8/10 performances as most of them haven’t been anywhere near their best this season.

Bruno needs to stop whinging and get back to how he was when he joined

Even at his best he was whinging at everyone all the time it’s just the way he is bit like Rooney plays on the edge.

I get why he gets annoyed a lot of the time he goes to press the ball and everyone else stands still so he just gets picked off. Needs to sort out his quality with the ball get his shooting and passing radar back on and find a way to work with Ronaldo.

Hopefully tonight the team can squeeze up the pitch and we can get our attacking boys on the ball in their half rather than picking it up in our half.

Full backs look to be sitting a bit deeper and Utd looking to be a bit more direct beating the press.

Certainly seems to be a lot more pressure on the ball from us as well let’s see if we can keep this up.

0-1 absolutely carved apart from a quick free kick

We're getting slaughtered on R5.

No pressing, Bruno miss hitting passes and taking poor corners, Mctom asleep for the goal.

Passive Neil Lennon said

We're getting slaughtered on R5.

No pressing, Bruno miss hitting passes and taking poor corners, Mctom asleep for the goal.

Passive Neil Lennon said

He’s talking out his backside mate up to the goal we were fine there was clearly a press Utd looked the better side but we switched off and got punished.

Bruno has been poor if he keeps this up he should be subbed at half time.

0-2 another bloody set piece.

Free header on our 6 yard line where’s that set piece coach?

I don't get it, Ole said it needed a change, pumps out the same crap formation and players.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back