250px-BSC_Young_Boys_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Wednesday, 19th September 2018
Champions League
Stade de Suisse
20:00
BST

Hopefully Rashford gets a start as he’s in the middle of a 3 game ban maybe on the right of the front 3.

I’d rest Valencia put Young to RB and bring Shaw back in at LB probably leave the rest as it is.

Would be nice to see Periera back on the bench seems to have disappeared a bit in recent weeks.

I know nothing about them but our away form in Europe hasn’t been great so I’d take any points but would be nice to get off to a winning start.

This will be their cup final so need to make sure we are at it from the first minute.

Good god, if we don't beat this lot then we have problems! We need 3 points home and away against these else the Europa will be calling!

This lot won the Swiss league and finished ahead of a Basle team that beat us last season.

We aren't a top european side that can expect to go away and smash these weaker sides 3,4 or 5 nil we're a low scoring team who look to over power the opposition.

I think any side in the CL group stage these days would be a mid/lower table prem side and we've seen what happened at Brighton if we rock up with the wrong attitude we'll be coming home with nothing.

Big game given the other sides in the group. Swiss sides are generally good at home & well organised. Need the likes of Sanchez and Pogba to step up because they might be difficult to break down.

Every team in that competition is capable of beating anyoe else. This will be a very special occasion for those players but we should win.

If we can’t beat Young Boys we don’t deserve champions league football. 6 points from these two is a must. I wouldn’t even both changing that much. Keep a strong squad get to 12 points ASAP rest players in the final game.

And sadly this probably isn’t their cup final. They’ll be looking forward to playing Ronaldo more.

I think getting to 9 points after 4 games has to be the target 7 as a minimum Juventus are miles clear of us so taking 1 point from the head to head isn't the end of the world but we need to get the 6 points on the board early.

I don't see Juve as unbeatable at all, I can see Jose getting at least a draw.

It will be park the bus time in Turnin, I can see us pulling off a draw too

I don't think they're unbeatable but they are a few levels above us and probably the 2nd best side in Europe over the last 3 seasons they just couldn't beat Madrid so I see any points out of those 2 games as a bonus really we need to be targetting 10 points from the other 4 fixtures.

I just hope the attitude is right tonight surely Brighton was a big enough wake up call to them we need our big hitters to turn up and get the job done.

Starting XI wise my guess

De Gea

Valencia Smalling Lindelof Shaw

Matic Fellaini Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Sanchez

Don't see any real reason to change it maybe Fred in for Fellaini in midfield if we fell he needs a rest or if Young Boys don't play a direct style but Pogba will start and Matic is banned at the weekend so might as well play him. Maybe make a change to the front 3 and start Rashford over Lingard but I think a settled side is a good thing to build some momentum off 2 decent results/perforamcesn make the changes in the league cup next week for the guys who need a rest.

Rumours that Dalot Shaw and Rashford will all start tomo.

Seems early to chuck Dalot I assumed he'd make his debut in the league cup but guess we need to see how he copes and he's done 2 U23 games now so fitness should be where it needs to be.

Valencia hasn't travelled due to the artificial pitch we'll be playing on they felt it was to risky with his recent knee problems.

My guess would be Young at RB and Shaw at LB.

I would consider Darmian at RB but they might not want to play him in Europe in case we can sell him to a team in January.

Would have no problems throwing in Dalot. If he’s good enough then he’s old enough. It could also prove a master stroke because this is the chance to start bedding in a new right back because Valencia’s goose has been well and truly cooked.

Would be great to see two young full backs in operation together, youth always brings a certain freshness to the side.

I thought people said he didn' tlook so good in the U23 game, maybe not quite ready

Team: De Gea; Dalot, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw; Fred, Matic, Pogba; Rashford, Lukaku, Martial.

Subs: Romero, Bailly, Young, Fellaini, Pereira, Mata, Sanchez.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Exciting team for sure. Not often we see Martial, Rashford and Lukaku play all together. Excited to see Dalot too.

Really looking forward to see this team play, also good to see Dalot

Bright start by Dalot.

Midfield very open and front 3 not really linking together yet hopefully settle down shortly.

They’ve got some serious speed in this side.

Anyone else think our new first team coach looks a bit like Darren Fletcher?

Harsh on Young Boys don’t deserve to be 2 down. Ronaldo misses both games against us. Straight red.

Lukaku poor too tonight. Useless hold up play and first touch.
Dalot looking very lively though

Think unfortunate on Fred to come off he's looked good today and a driving force going forward he always seemed to look forward with the ball and quickly.

From the long distance camera I wondered what the hell Shaw was going chasing someone around in the centre of the pitch right to left. Periera looks a lot like him in the long shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back