Sideshow Bob

200px-Paris_Saint-Germain_F.C..svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Wednesday, 6th March 2019
Champions League Round Of 16 Second Leg
Le Parc des Princes
:00 GMT

I don’t think we can just chuck the reserves out it’s still the CL and anything can happen but surely changes have to be made but no one is expected to be back

DDG

Dalot Smalling Bailly Shaw

Fred McTominay Periera

Rashford Lukaku Martial

I’d like to see us play the diamond because we need a grip in midfield but we don’t really have any options unless he’s prepared to play someone like Gomes from the start.

I would go along with that team @jsp. Have there been any indications that Martial will be fit? I think without Pogba then we really need Martial to have any sort of chance. On paper against a world class side then that midfield has the potential to be ripped to shreds. Will be quite the lesson for the likes of McT and Pereira.

Obviously if we win this and go through then it’ll be one of the great European nights. If we had nicked a goal at home and Pogba didn’t get sent off then we would have had a shot but I just can’t see how we can stop PSG scoring. We are probably going to have to win 3-1 or 4-2 to go through.

I'd rather see Lukaku out wide and Rashfrod through the middle.

I worry about that midfield trio up against PSG. Maybe he'll play 3 5 2? is that a possibility?

If we're going for that formation, I think I would stick Jones in midfield, it just seems very light weak and inexperinced in the middle.

PS, is Lindelof injured? surely he would play.

If we were going there with our strongest midfield I wouldn’t give us much of a chance overturning a 2-0 deficit. Going there without Pogba Matic and Herrera the tie is over

I would go along with that team @jsp. Have there been any indications that Martial will be fit? I think without Pogba then we really need Martial to have any sort of chance. On paper against a world class side then that midfield has the potential to be ripped to shreds. Will be quite the lesson for the likes of McT and Pereira.

Obviously if we win this and go through then it’ll be one of the great European nights. If we had nicked a goal at home and Pogba didn’t get sent off then we would have had a shot but I just can’t see how we can stop PSG scoring. We are probably going to have to win 3-1 or 4-2 to go through.

Think Martial has been ruled out saw some comments online suggesting no one was back for PSG.

Brandon Williams has travelled with the squad, another youngster getting some valuable experience in and around the first team.

Along with Greenwood, Garner, Gomes and Chong.

Could be a bit of a pounding tonight, with no midfield to talk of.

Could be a bit of a pounding tonight, with no midfield to talk of.
If we even compete tonight then it’ll be an achievement.

I do wonder if we will go 3-5-2 to try and shore things up in the middle. Then just try and hit them with the pace and power of Rashford and Lukaku but saying that PSG have no reason to come out and play expansively.

If we even compete tonight then it’ll be an achievement.

I do wonder if we will go 3-5-2 to try and shore things up in the middle. Then just try and hit them with the pace and power of Rashford and Lukaku but saying that PSG have no reason to come out and play expansively.

I think they might want to send out a message a big one over Utd is still a big statement to make in Europe even in Utd right now are weak and not really a powerhouse of the European game and it's not like they need to save it for the league games is it.

These games are the big ones for them every season and they've taken some big beatings so I think they might want to really try and put us to the sword but who knows.

Not really sure how 3-5-2 helps as it still means we need to play 3 in midfield when we are short on numbers and where PSG killed us was down the wings at old Trafford.

I think it'll just be 4-3-3 and see how we get on they might look for one of the CB's to step into a midfield role not sure who would be able to go in there as no idea who is really fit.

Not saying for one second that our team tonight will be anything near the quality of the Barcelona team in question, but we all remember how PSG bottled it and Barcelona went through in 2017.

Just really trying hard to be positive about the game tonight, Cavani and Neymar both fit to play - im thinking a 2-2 draw tonight. which we should be proud of.

Not saying for one second that our team tonight will be anything near the quality of the Barcelona team in question, but we all remember how PSG bottled it and Barcelona went through in 2017.

Just really trying hard to be positive about the game tonight, Cavani and Neymar both fit to play - im thinking a 2-2 draw tonight. which we should be proud of.

I think the difference is PSG were 4-1 up and the tide went against them away from home and the refs absolutely screwed them with some very soft calls.

I'd take a battling 2-2 for me the games a write off hopefully just get out without being embarrassed if I'm totally honest.

Are you sure they're fit? Pretty sure both of them are ruled out

I think the difference is PSG were 4-1 up and the tide went against them away from home and the refs absolutely screwed them with some very soft calls.

I'd take a battling 2-2 for me the games a write off hopefully just get out without being embarrassed if I'm totally honest.

Are you sure they're fit? Pretty sure both of them are ruled out

Having just looked again, im seeing mixed reports about the pair of them now ?! mate of mine told me they heard on the radio that both are back and likely to play.

I think whether they are both back or not we are going to struggle and PSG dont have to force anything.

No offence to the lad but when you compare Mctominay to Verratti, we have a problem when that could be a midfield battle.

Goes back to the fact that without Pogba we are a different team.

without Pogba it's hard, without Pogba, Martial, Herrera and Lingard and Matic, pretty impossible.

Thats 5 first teamers in a starting 11 that's probably weaker than PSG when all fit.

Having just looked again, im seeing mixed reports about the pair of them now ?! mate of mine told me they heard on the radio that both are back and likely to play.

I think whether they are both back or not we are going to struggle and PSG dont have to force anything.

No offence to the lad but when you compare Mctominay to Verratti, we have a problem when that could be a midfield battle.

Goes back to the fact that without Pogba we are a different team.

I'm 100% that Neymar is out but I think Cavani was rumoured to be close to being back but doubt they'd risk him.

I mean out best XI held it's own against them for 45 minutes at home but after that we were outclassed I think they're too good for us even with the first team available.

I actually think this PSG team might be better without Neymar as they play more as a team and less towards him.

I'm 100% that Neymar is out but I think Cavani was rumoured to be close to being back but doubt they'd risk him.

I mean out best XI held it's own against them for 45 minutes at home but after that we were outclassed I think they're too good for us even with the first team available.

I actually think this PSG team might be better without Neymar as they play more as a team and less towards him.

I agree mate, Mbappe I think is the standout performer and would be the one that I would be hoping isnt playing to stand any chance.

PSG have massively underperformed in the CL and I felt this year sods law it would change and we would be the one to bear the brunt, but the fact of the matter is, PSG have a stronger team pretty much all over the pitch and that showed in the second half of the 1st leg.

Hoping for a magical night of European football tonight and one that none of us will ever forget, but failing that I will take Di Maria getting kicked all over the park .....

Tbh I’d be surprised now if we lose by less than 5 on aggregate. A makeshift team going away from home with the attitude of going to try and get back in to the tie is a recipe for disaster. See them smashing us on the counter as we naively play in to their hands. Wouldn’t be surprised if were 2-0 down inside 20.

Carrick would probably do a job tonight. Can Ole get his boots on also?

I would be surprised if we didn’t get spanked by 3 or more with the injuries we have but I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

So much Twitter conversation/rumour about Greenwood starting tonight. Doubt it’ll happen but not gonna lie it would be damn exciting to see!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Suspected a 3-5-2. Could make us more solid or could spell disaster and you never quite know what Bailly is going to turn up.

Exciting bench though!

When are the likes of Lingard Matic Herrera Martial due back? If they can’t make the bench tonight probably won’t be fit Sunday

We have a chance after the first 45 minutes. That’s all we could ask for before kick off.

We’d have snapped their hand off to be in this position at HT

Alves is a proper douche.

Just one more and we are there. Got to get Greenwood on at some point, if we know anything from the youth teams, give him a chance and he’ll bury it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back