220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
220px-Valenciacf.svg.png

Tuesday, 2nd October 2018
Champions League
Old Trafford
20:00
BST

Got to get in their faces you can’t sit off a Spanish side they’re to good with the ball to sit off do that and they’ll kill you.

De Gea

Dalot Smalling Lindelof Shaw

Fred Matic Pogba

Sanchez Rashford Martial

Lukaku needs to be benched get 3 guys up top to press them and get on the front foot.

They’ve had a terrible start in the league just like us so nothing to fear but our record vs Spanish sides in Europe is a horror show. Barca, Real Madrid, Villarreal, Bilbao, Sevilla have all given us problems over last 10 years.

I'd get the slow and cumbersome Matic out and replace with Pereira. We've got to get some speed of passing in the team and Matic is just too slow on the ball. Give Sanchez a run of games on the right, he cant do any worse than he already has and it might just work.

You know what, I see him dropping Pogba.

What I want and what I expect are two different things.

What I expect :-(

DDG
Young smalling Lindeloff Shaw
Fred Fellaini Matic
Mata Lukaku Rashford

You could be right but I can't see him dropping Pogba. On the other hand he could try McTominay up front instead of Lukaku hahah

If we start with that midfield I'm not watching that midfield is garbage if we aren't playing Pogba don't bother playing 3 in midfield just go 4-2-3-1 and get an extra attacker on.

Dropping Pogba would be a big statement but I don't see the point for this team to win we need Pogba in the team and playing well that's consistent for the last 2 years if he doesn't play the team has never looked convincing it looks lost. Problem is Pogba has never been able to be consistent in this team and really he's taken a lot of attention away from other failing players in the last 12 months.

The biggest statement he could make is sticking with McTominay if he drops him and goes away from the back 3 then what was the point in it vs West Ham as it wasn't a special plan to exploit their weaknesses if anything it played into their hands. If we stick with the 3-5-2 he has to take one of the lumps out of midfield and get some energy in there Lingard/Herrera/Fred need to be on the right of the 3 with Pogba to the left stick the lump in the middle.

If it was my call I'd get Fred Herrera Pogba in as my 3 we need to get close to a Spanish team and match tehm technically they are the 3 most technically gifted midfield players and 2 of them are very aggressive.

The centre backs shouldn't need protecting like they do in the PL as Valencia aren't going to go direct to a target man which is what Fellaini is in the team to protect against.

I get all that, I just think Jose has lost interest. I just can't think of anything else to explain Saturday.

Let’s go back to basics.

De Gea

Herrera Fred

Sanchez Pogba Martial

Rashford

Let Pogba do whatever the hell he wants

Let’s go back to basics.

De Gea

Herrera Fred

Sanchez Pogba Martial

Rashford

Let Pogba do whatever the hell he wants
That would be my side 100%. Won’t happen but that’s the way I would go. We need to get some energy into the side, that side vs West Ham was so slow and cumbersome, it was like watching a testimonial where a bunch of old guys come back after losing a bit of pace.

Matic just needs to make way now I think, he is one of the main problems in the ball moving slowly. I think Herrera could do his job ok, with Fred and Pogba alongside. Won't happen though.

Herrera, Young & Lingard all ruled out along with long term injury Rojo.

Why on earth did we offer Rojo a new contract, he just broken!

Still baffled by that one myself especially if the reported salary of £160k a week is to be believed but guess who his agent is and guess who the managers agent is and read between the lines of that one.

Think it was another one where the club didn't want to let him go for nothing but since that knee injury he's never really recovered. I do think the manager likes him if he was fit I think he'd be starting as he's the only CB we have happy playing left side and I think Mourinho sees leadership qualities in him even if he is a liability at times.

Given how these things tend to go... I think we will probably win this game to give another false sense that things are going to be turn around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No McTominay in central defence? Shocked!

Fellaini and Matic is unnecessary, I think we need Fred or Pereira in there to add some energy but hey ho, come on United!

Happy that Rashford gets a go, if he could start performing on the right then he would nail down that slot.

Useless. 2 dm’s at home?? Really.

Starting Bailly makes a mockery of him leaving him on the bench on Saturday.

Valencia? Hmmm

Sanchez over Martial?

Here we go again. Obvious how we will play tonight... park the bus at OT

Valencia aren’t exactly doing too flash in La Liga so I think we will beat them but I don’t expect it will be joyous football.

I think Fellaini could play as a sort of box-to-box midfielder.

Are we doing the okie kokie? Sanchez is in out in out shake it all about.

Interesting that Bailly is back. Is he the most trusted option based purely on the other rubbish we have at centre back?

My guess is Fellaini starts deep in the 3 Matic/Pogba are your box to box if we get behind then Fellaini & Matic swap which seems to be how it goes.

Don’t like this midfield is slow and stand off doesn’t get in the oppositions face and technical players will punish that.

Why no Fred again? He's looked good when he's played. Brings energy at least that Matic and Fellaini don't.

At least Sanchez is finally down the right

Couldn’t disagree more. For me Fred has comfortably been our best CM

Why is Fred not starting if he has been United's best midfielder?

Pogba has been United's best midfielder.

Fellaini has been one of United's better players.

@Sideshow Bob @jsp matic or Fellaini haven’t got the legs or pace to be box to box. They are static and slow.

Pogba, Fred and Herrara are box to box players.

Why did McTominay start CB last weekend. That’s a rubbish argument and you know it.

This is so tedious again. We just need some pace and penetration from midfield. For Christ sake take Fellaini or Matic off.

I really thought we would at least show some passion tonight. I was wrong.

Why did McTominay start CB last weekend. That’s a rubbish argument and you know it.

It isn't a rubbish argument. Fred would be starting every game if has been comfortably United's best midfielder.

Fellaini has been sort of box-to-box. He hasn't just sat in deep areas.

As I've said in the past, I'm reluctant to blame the players when the team is disjointed and clearly poorly coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back