Champions League 2018/19: Manchester United v Bareclona

jsp

I just don’t get how the powers that be can’t see a second yellow is a blatant game changer. That’s in both first leg home ties now where the opposing team should have been down to 10 men early on. The PSG player who got their goal in the first leg and gave away then pen in the second should have had 3 yellows in the first tie. If you’re going to use the technology to make the correct decisions then make sure the correct decisions are made. Not just pick and choose.
I think this is why there's still a debate to be had on VAR they want to use it only to get the big calls right but 2 bad small calls can be a big call. VAR won't allow the refs to get everything right so I don't really see the point in it as I don't think it's actually sorting out the controversy because the rules in football aren't black and white.

The ref last night bottled that first yellow card big time he then let Young off for another horror tackle without a yellow in retaliation. After that he was pretty ruthless with the yellows as he tried to clamp down Shaw, Vidal & Lingard all picked up really soft yellow cards for almost nothing and lets not ignore the complete balls up on the goal hows the lino calling that offside? I thought all round the referee was poor on the night as was the ref in the first leg vs PSG.

I do think we have to learn how to play the game in terms of the European refs it is different in Europe you need to be cute and clever and I think in both games PSG & Barca were smarter at manipulating the referee by putting pressure on him as they're seasoned pros in it.

Ben Townsend

I think this is why there's still a debate to be had on VAR they want to use it only to get the big calls right but 2 bad small calls can be a big call. VAR won't allow the refs to get everything right so I don't really see the point in it as I don't think it's actually sorting out the controversy because the rules in football aren't black and white.

The ref last night bottled that first yellow card big time he then let Young off for another horror tackle without a yellow in retaliation. After that he was pretty ruthless with the yellows as he tried to clamp down Shaw, Vidal & Lingard all picked up really soft yellow cards for almost nothing and lets not ignore the complete balls up on the goal hows the lino calling that offside? I thought all round the referee was poor on the night as was the ref in the first leg vs PSG.

I do think we have to learn how to play the game in terms of the European refs it is different in Europe you need to be cute and clever and I think in both games PSG & Barca were smarter at manipulating the referee by putting pressure on him as they're seasoned pros in it.
Exactly, and we see the barca players rolling around the floor after nearly every tackle but then this makes the referee more inclined to give out yellows as that sticks in his mind.

Its clever but so obvious what they are doing.

If anyone knows anyone who can get a ticket to the camp nou, I reckon im up for it so let me know.