Sideshow Bob

220px-FC_Barcelona_%28crest%29.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Tuesday, 16th April 2019
Champions League Quarter Finals 2nd Leg
Nou Camp
:00 BST

Not sure if I’ll see this one but that might be a good thing as I also missed the second leg vs PSG.

Give us as much chance in this on as I did in that one our only hope is like the first leg they have another off night but this time Utd actually create something worthwhile and get a goal to unsettle them.

We get the first goal they might get nervous and we might be able to do something if they score first we could get a hiding.

We simply have to score the first goal, just hoping that we are more clinical than the leg at OT.

United 2-1 with Sanchez scoring uniteds second

For me, our recent performances don't give me any encouragement. I can't see anythng but a defeat :-(

With Shaw out, I'm guessing Young at LB? unless he plays Rojo, both are a liability, and then young Dalot on the right. So it's not looking great at the back.

Pogba really needs to turn up and earn the respect he craves.

Had a dream we won 2-1! It’s on like Donkey Kong!

Although I was playing upfront with Dalot so not sure I should read to much into it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jones at full back? Maybe a back three? But Ole has produced an attacking line up and sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. The pace upfront could trouble them! Come on United!!

It’s definitely a 4-3-3 with Jones at RB. The full backs are obviously our major issue here. Lingard Martial and Rashford are going to have to be clinical.

We could be a couple up already. Rashford hits the bar and Scott was 1 on 1 all inside 2 mins

Started well but I wasn't feeling optimistic with Jones on the right Young on the left

Dissapointing given the start, let down by Young who shouldn't even be starting and a keeper that feels he should be paid more but can't save a shot by Messi's weaker foot.

I think it's time we discussed two players who I think perhaps need to be moved on. I'll let you have a few guesses first guys...

It's certainly worth a conversation. Particularly martial tends not to stand up against big opposition. Pogba is hit a d miss. It would depend on what we could bring in. Keep in mind there will be probably around 6 or 7 leaving without those 2.

It's certainly worth a conversation. Particularly martial tends not to stand up against big opposition. Pogba is hit a d miss. It would depend on what we could bring in. Keep in mind there will be probably around 6 or 7 leaving without those 2.

I know but I just don't see what some think they do in Martial. He blows hot and cold but mostly cold. He gives the ball away all the time and for me he's no better now than he was when he joined us. He's one of those players I think with potential which will never be realised.

Could get ugly real quick here.

Sadly outclassed in the end but are we surprised? Our squad is still in need of major surgery. It’s never been up to much since Fergie left and that is awful really. The fact the likes of Young and Jones are still starting for us in a massive quarter final speaks volumes really.

I think you should always be careful analysing that sort of result.

Firstly deserved that beating but we should have gone 1-0 up in the first 2 mins.

The disappointing thing is we beat ourselves tonight. Their first 2 we were on top and made two calamities

Martial I will give the benefit, coming back from injury.

Pogba we should move on.

And De Gea hasn't given any indication he's worth 350 grand a week recently. He can't distribute, he doesn't boss the area/defence, he cant save penalties, he basically is a reactive keeper, and that goes with age. And that goal last night, lack of concentration.

I think you should always be careful analysing that sort of result.

Firstly deserved that beating but we should have gone 1-0 up in the first 2 mins.

The disappointing thing is we beat ourselves tonight. Their first 2 we were on top and made two calamities
Yeah we needed to score in those ten minutes and I think a more clinical striker would have tucked away that Rashford chance.

There is clearly a huge gulf in class. There are things to work with, McTominay is growing as a player, Fred is doing better each week and despite their flaws we still have Rashford and Martial who will hopefully keep on developing. But the club needs a major overhaul, I just hope this Ole appointment is the start of big changes on and off the field.

It needs to be but it might take some patience. This cannot be solved in the summer transfer window. I am desperately hoping that some of the youngsters make an impact next season as they would be like new signings too.

You knew as soon as those early chances were missed it was over you have to kill these teams when chances come we created a couple of good chances in both games and only forced 1 good save from their keeper at 4-0 down on aggregate.

Sloppy defending, wasteful finishing at this level will get you nowhere fast sadly I think we are miles away from this level and have been for some time.

That isn’t even a good Barca side I think Liverpool will beat them over 2 legs.

That surel has to be it for Young he’s costing us way to much in games like Valencia it feels like the legs have gone might squeeze one year out of him as a squad player but can’t be a starter.

Bottom line the rebuild job is absolutely huge and Ole has his work cut out. Sadly I'm still not sure he is the right guy but hey he's being given the chance and that is what matters.

But having guys like Young, Lingard, McTominay out there against Barca? That's where this team's at unfortunately. Full of endeavour and work rate but seriously lacking in ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back