Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Sergio Aguero and the 6 superstars Sir Alex Ferguson nearly signed for Manchester United - LE BUZZ

Fergie on Cech:
“I went to see him in 2003 for Rennes. We thought Petr was a bit young for the bruisers in the Premier League.”

On Moura:
“We offered £35 million but Paris Saint-Germain signed him for £45m.”

On Varane:
“In 2011 I hurtled down to Lille. Zinedine Zidane got wind of this and somehow scooped him up for Real Madrid.”

On Drogba:
“We went to check him out [when he played for Marseille] but the club wanted £25 million and Chelsea moved in for the kill before we had made up our minds.”

On Muller:
“He was a 10-year-old when we heard about him. We had him watched and the following day he committed himself to Bayern Munich.”

On Aguero:
“His agent was demanding a price we were not prepared to pay [before he joined Manchester City for £38m.”

On Ronaldo:
“We wanted to sign the Brazilian striker from Cruzeiro in 1994, but we could not get a work permit and he went to PSV Eindhoven.”

So much quality on that list, with the likes of Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Luka Modric, Paolo Di Canio to name a few more top names that were also missed out on.
Sometimes things don't work out but Sir Alex still brought so much success to the club without these star names.
His only regret would be not winning the Champions League on at least one more occasion in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back