Cavani to leave in summer?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess there has to be something in that. In any case we really need to buy a quality established striker in the summer. Haaland will do.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s happy to lower his salary.

Can’t have been easy for him in England basically 12 months living in lockdown plus the racism charge maybe made him think twice about hanging around.

Just highlights how important signing a new striker is for Utd this summer.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s happy to lower his salary.

Can’t have been easy for him in England basically 12 months living in lockdown plus the racism charge maybe made him think twice about hanging around.

Just highlights how important signing a new striker is for Utd this summer.
I don't think any of that would be factors. Sunlight is probably the biggest factor.

I don't think any of that would be factors. Sunlight is probably the biggest factor.

I mean the weather in Paris is lovely all year round he must be missing it.

I always expected this would be a 1 year gig for him one last hurrah in Europe.

If he wants to play in the 2022 World Cup maybe being closer to home will be helpful with international football.

Will be a shame that our fans never got to see him play as I think they’d have buzzed off him and vice versa.

It does surprise me, i thought he was enjoying being the elder statesman in a team and mentoring and advising the likes of Greenwood, Rashford and Martial.
Maybe he is leaving because he is sick looking at Martial

If this is true, I think I would go down the line United aren't taking the option. 1 more crack at the CL, one last bumper season not sure he'd turn that down

He’s earned good money from his career his body is starting to let him down a bit maybe just fancies a slightly easier gig winding down his final years.

He’s been in Europe since 2007 so maybe just had enough and wants to be closer to home and family.

I still think you'd do the last year if was offered, then move down

Maybe if he thought he could win some trophies and be the main man but reality is we won’t be winning the CL next season and probably won’t be winning the PL either.

We don’t really hear much from him.

Here's a story, I wondered why Ole didn't go nuclear on Raiola at Christmas. It's because the Haaland deal was close. It's done now. No need for Cavani.

It's true I tell ya

I'd probably be off too if I'd spend half a season playing second fiddle to Martial.

Not sure he's really been second fiddle when he's been fit he's started took him a few weeks to get going as he hadn't played in about 6 months when he arrived.

If his heart isn't in it I'd rather he walks away than take the year on big wages and just sort of slog it out.

As for Raiola/Haaland I don't think Ole went big because there was nothing to gain from an over the top reaction if Ole explodes in rage the story continues to rumble and Raiola probably responds so keeping quiet on it like he did means the story dies out quickly. Anyway internationals at the end of the month luckily Pogba is probably injured for them so won't be any interviews with the local media.

I also don't think he's been second fiddle, take injuries and and bans out he's played a lot.

@jsp the Haaland thing was a joke, thought that was obvious.

As for Cavani, if we offered it to him, he'd take it no doubt. If he's not signing up my bet is we don't want him. He was a short stop and maybe the actual program is getting back on track this summer.

It might even be his side trying to get the deal signed now.

Cavani isn’t a squad player and we can’t afford to carry luxury players. This deal should have been a one-off, and I hope we move for a replacement. His time at United is more like Larsson than Van Persie. He was an upgrade on Ighalo but we needed a CF and we still do.

Cavani's dad has come out and confirmed his son isn't happy with life in England and wants to be closer to his family can't have been easy for him moving into a country during a pandemic and then getting caught up in a racism scandal.

think that was few days ago, after he said that Cavani tweeted something about loving playing for united

I totally understand any player struggling to settle down in a foreign country, and maybe feeling let down after the ban, but I have to be honest, and maybe this is my age, I am sick to death of players, agents, family members conducting their business in the press and on social media. I feel the best way for Cavani to have dealt with this is to go to the club explaining exactly how he feels, assuring them that for the remainder of the season they will get nothing short of 100%, but telling them he would like to leave at the end of the season. Maybe this is just something that cannot be achieved in the digital age.

Again we don't know what the club do or don't know they may have known for months he has decided it will only be 1 year at Utd he's now allowed to talk to other clubs under the bosman ruling. His dad who I think is part of his management team has decided to make that news public doesn't really change anything for Utd and it really doesn't bother me as he's a player who's out of contract at the end of the season.

Bloody hell he has only been here for months. It does not bother me in that respect, I am just sick of the whole playing games in the press thing. Like i said maybe it is just that i am an old dinosaur but it just annoys me.

Not convinced it’s a game the deal is there for him to sign but they’ve just gone public and said they aren’t taking the one year option if it’s offered.

I’d rather they were honest about these things rather than string people along

Surely the man has a right to put his CV out?
And if the decision is made why should it be a big secret?

His dad also gave an interview to a paper about his sons future this wasn’t some random tweet it was a response to a story that had already leaked.

Latest reports are Utd are in talks with his camp nothing is decided yet but Utd want an answer by end of April.

I don’t think he will stay.

This saddens me, because he's been a Manchester United player playing for the wrong club since he left Napoli. He should've been a cult hero getting a well deserved send off for almost a decade's service. OT would've loved him in his pomp.

Think they’d have loved him even this version but the injuries have caught up to him a little this season hopefully they’re behind him now and he can finish the season strong.

That ban for his social media knocked his momentum as he’d just started to get going and that ban may well be a reason for him to say he doesn’t want to hang around in the UK.

Like Zlatan great signing that could and maybe should have been made years before it was.

I wonder if Ole will treat him like all the others who've taken this approach with Utd and totally cutting them out.

He was ruthless with Herrera once he found out he'd agreed to go to PSG will he do the same to Cavani?

Might not be an option that's even open to him given the injuries he's having to manage up top.

I wonder if Ole will treat him like all the others who've taken this approach with Utd and totally cutting them out.

He was ruthless with Herrera once he found out he'd agreed to go to PSG will he do the same to Cavani?

Might not be an option that's even open to him given the injuries he's having to manage up top.
Cavani is free to agree to go where he likes. We only gave him a years contract (with an option). There is nothing to get ruthless about!

Cavani is free to agree to go where he likes. We only gave him a years contract (with an option). There is nothing to get ruthless about!

I agree there's little to be gained by shutting Cavani out as long as he's fully focused on Utd for the remaining games just highlighting in the past once your eyes started looking elsewhere Ole hasn't been afraid to freeze you out.

We need to look beyond him to be honest

Ronaldo?
Benzema?

Who’s next on the fading force cheap striker fix for Utd?

A top striker is essential this summer.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back