Carrick out for four weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Michael Carrick suffers muscle injury - Official Manchester United Website

Louis van Gaal has told MUTV that Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick is set to miss around four weeks of action with a muscle rupture.

The England international will now miss this Saturday’s Barclay Premier League match against Leicester City at Old Trafford, and the estimated timeline would also render him absent for the subsequent fixtures against Cambridge United (FA Cup replay), West Ham, Burnley, Swansea City and Sunderland.

On a more positive note, van Gaal reported that Ashley Young is close to making a comeback.

“We don’t have many injuries,” the manager said.

“Ashley Young is coming back, but Michael Carrick has been injured now so he is out at the weekend. He can be important for the team but he is now injured.

"I think it shall take more than four weeks, so it is not a minor injury but a muscle rupture, I think.

"He is also the second captain but I have to say that’s part of the job of a manager, especially this season at Manchester United, because we have suffered a lot of injuries. But now we have seen [the light at] the end of the tunnel."

We are good and screwed if Blind gets injured aswell.

Van Gaal on Carrick: "He has a fallback [setback], and that’s not unusual with injuries, so we will also have to wait and see."

Van Gaal:

"He [Michael] is very experienced and he can play in a very important position, but he also needs match rhythm. He trained only one time with us, with the group, so he needs to also play in the second team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back