Carlo Ancelotti at Everton 2019/20

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ready to be announced apparently. Kean will be delighted.

Strange move for him but I guess they've offered him an absolute fortune to take over and he's just topping up the pension fund these days.

Incredible that Everton look set to get Ancelotti and Arsenal passed up on the opportunity...

Incredible that Everton look set to get Ancelotti and Arsenal passed up on the opportunity...

I think this is the right move for Arsenal I think like us they need a long term overhaul plan whereas Everton need a quick fixer which is Carlo. There’s talent in that squad he will quickly work out a system and formation that gets results as that is what he does obviously he’s used to working with better players.

I can see him sticking with the 4-4-2 system maybe more of a diamond with Siggurdson in behind Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin.

Premier League: Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - 8th February 2020

From being in the bottom three to now seventh following the sacking of Marco Silva. Everton's next four matches include trips to Arsenal and Chelsea and home games against United and Liverpool

Everton have had a fairly poor season given the money they spent in the summer. Yet here they are just behind us. Says it all about us really.

Sounds very impressive going from the bottom 3 to 7th in that time. However the gap between them and 6th when Silva got sacked was just 6 points. A couple of wins and they were gonna fly up the table.

Though they’ve got a proven top class manager and it’ll be interesting to see what he can do in the transfer market in the summer. I think it’s a great appointment for them. Wouldn’t have worked here though as 10 minutes in people would be calling for him to get sacked. He’ll enjoy the pressureless environment over there.

Having a look at the table on the 6th of December though Palace are in trouble. They were the 7th placed side at the time and are in free fall.

Everton have had a fairly poor season given the money they spent in the summer. Yet here they are just behind us. Says it all about us really.

Everton are now above United in the league after yesterday’s result.

Well this game week hasn’t finished yet. That’s simply because we’re yet to play.

Ancelloti has carried on the good work Ferguson started think a bit like us last season a cloud has lifted after Silva left and good players are playing with confidence again.

Was a funny game as Palace could easily have got a win if the breaks had gone their way but Richarlison provided a moment of skill punishing some crap defending by Cahill letting him inside.

Such a strange season this season think I said elsewhere when we were 5th we were 6 behind Chelsea but only 6 ahead of the team in 14th. That cluster of teams from 5th to 14th really are much of a muchness in terms of ability apart from Sheffield Utd most of them rely on 1 or 2 players providing the magic if they don’t turn up they really struggle for results.

Forgot about the caretaker manager period. Everton were 15th when Ancelotti took over. Still 6 points off of 7th. The table is compressed a lot more than usual. But with Norwich and Liverpools points totals that will be the case.

He’s had a good first season with them even though they tailed off a little towards the end of the year. I’d be surprised if they wern’t amongst the top 6 fight next season.

Still think that squad has a lot of weaknesses got a lot of average players on big money that they need to clear out but I do expect them to be better next season.

Needs to replace Pickford.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back