Captaincy

Shoot

Banned
I recall at the time thinking Maguire was handed the captaincy too early and should have been made to earn it. I wonder if that is an area of regret for Ole now. Surely Bruno is the better man for the job?

Bruno has certainly shown captain qualities since he arrived he did captain previous teams but changing now to me would be needless and knee jerk. It looks like Bruno might now be the vice captain maybe a bit of a kick up the backside to Pogba/De Gea who have previously had captain roles at the club.

I don't believe in one captain in football you need players all over the pitch who take responsibility the top sides have multiple leaders

Bruno can do what he does without wearing the arm band I think Ole went with Maguire because he felt he was steady and level headed. Bruno can be a bit of a hot head but Maguire's issues over the summer and rotten form have probably caught him off guard a bit.

If I was to create a poll Fernandes would be the clear the winner, however if not Fernandes then who? Rashford? But then it’s a struggle.

Bruno seems to be a leader on and off the pitch. I'd stick with Maguire though; he has the potential to be another in the long line of defensive leaders of our team.

I'm not sure it really makes a difference who the captain is. Bruno will bark at players regardless of an armband and Maguire will continue to be the quiet type regardless of an armband. What we have been missing for years is character! We need players who stand up to be counted when the going gets tough and in the last 7 years, maybe longer, we haven't had very many of those players at all.

I want to see a player like Bruno losing his s**t in the changing room at half time, it shows he cares! Rashford clearly cares.

Who else can we put in this category???

I think a sudden change in captain just creates another story and another headache for Ole to deal with he's picked his captain so he should stick with him until he really lets him down which so far he hasn't really done just had a few shaky games.

Bruno can still do his thing and be another voice Rooney wasn't always captain during his time at Utd didn't stop him from being a leader on the pitch when it was needed.

I think a sudden change in captain just creates another story and another headache for Ole to deal with he's picked his captain so he should stick with him until he really lets him down which so far he hasn't really done just had a few shaky games.

Bruno can still do his thing and be another voice Rooney wasn't always captain during his time at Utd didn't stop him from being a leader on the pitch when it was needed.
He's had a few shaky games.......... and fought with police, bribed officials and smashed a bar up. Allegedly. :p

He's had a few shaky games.......... and fought with police, bribed officials and smashed a bar up. Allegedly. :p

Sounds like pretty standard behaviour by a Utd captain if you look at recent history

There are very few options and that’s kind of because not many players are nailed on starters or they are not quite captain material. AWB and Martial are starters but probably not considered. That leaves you with De Gea, Maguire, Bruno and Rashford.

Not really fussed who is captain as like jsp said you need a team of captains but one just happens to wear the armband. I would stick with Maguire 100% and Bruno can be back up.

Man Utd captain bingo, bang a a granny for full house :D

That was before he got to Utd once he came here his exploits with ladies of the night became much more age appropriate.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back