Cahill Signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cahill Told To Expect United Offer

with RIo out for 4 months and very likely to take longer to be even near as good as he was (have doubts whether he'll ever be 100% again), Cahill seems a good buy...not too expensive, Home grown and should be happy on the bench as cover for Vida-Evans....Have a feeling Vidic will leave this season or the next...

Re: Cahill Told To Expect United Offer

I had a feeling that 4 month thing was bull. As long as he's back for Liverpool.

I have no concerns over Rio like many do, this is his first knee injury ever, if the injury was a recurrence of the groin and back problems he'd had last season i'd be concerned, I think he's over them problems now though.

We've better defenders than him in Evans, Smalling, Jones all of them. so signing Cahill for our reserves team doesn't make sense ;)

I don't understand why there is opposition to Cahill on this forum. I have watched him a number of times in the last couple of seasons and he is class on the ball. He would shine for United given their style of football. Ferguson doesn't buy too many donkeys, so if he has been watching him all season then the lad must have more than has been seen by some of our contributors.

I don't understand why there is opposition to Cahill on this forum. I have watched him a number of times in the last couple of seasons and he is class on the ball. He would shine for United given their style of football. Ferguson doesn't buy too many donkeys, so if he has been watching him all season then the lad must have more than has been seen by some of our contributors.

Is Cahill a better option than we already have?

Not in my opinion. I think our weakest defender is probably Jones (inexperienced, caught out of position a lot, definitely going to be class though) and I wouldn't say Cahill is an improvement on him. Would much rather give Jones, Smalling and Evans the time to pick up experience whilst Vidic is out than sign Cahill.

Brown and O'Shea were sold to help the development of Evans, Jones and Smalling. Now Fergie's thinking may have changed with players missing but I think he will have faith in the players at the club already.

We could do a lot better than Cahill. Midfield problem is more important... if we need a CB... why don't we fix 2 positions at once... Javi Martinez - Awesome young CM talent, has been playing a lot at CB this season. Boom.

Yep. Might change his mind if Smalling truly is out for 3 months combined with Vidic's injury and Rio consistently getting niggles. If we were to sign a centre back I'd rather it would be Hummels or Sakho if either were available or affordable, if we signed Cahill he would only end up as an expensive 4th or 5th choice once players returned from injury.

Bolton have agreed a fee with Chelsea for Cahill. The fee is a reported £7million.

Strange that it took him 2 weeks to agree a contract. Could be he was holding out for an offer from us or Liverpool.

I think Cahill was testing Chelsea, because he knew in the summer as a free agent he could demand higher wages.

Hmmm not sure really, age is probably a factor and Alex does seem to be injured a lot. I don't think Alex is that amazing but I rate him more highly that David Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back