Bursaspor v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, I think out there he'll want to play a more stronger side, I think a weaker team may be put out vs Wolves and a strong team against the bitters then a few days later. Hopefully we'll have a few players back ready for Wolves, like Ando and Giggs, could do with them in coming games, just to give a few a rest for Shitty.

SAF will pick a strong side but not a typical first XI. We will benefit from three ponits and SAF will pick a side with just enough talent to get those points. Hope we could see obertan play a role and think gibson has had enough chances. He has a decent shot but is in dire need of being able to boss matches, play attacking passes and in general be more in control.

Kuz
Rafael/Brown, Vida, Smalling, Evra
Nani, Carrick, fletch, gibson, obertan
Macheda?

Just a random wishfull line up:)

looks like eikrem is travelling...great news! he needs to bulk up but is an exceptional talent!

S.E.Arising said:
Rio has been ruled out according to talkSPORT. Not sure why yet.

read about that as well.... didn't see a reason either...

Would love to see if he is capable of playing the same through-balls at higher levels. If he can get around 20mins with united attacking and with a player up front willing to chase behind defenders we might get a good answer to that question...

Brilliant that Eikrem is going. One of only 4 CMs so should get on. Hopefully we can build up a big lead quickly and bring him on. Could start if we're playing 3 in midfield after a few of the lads played on the weekend.

Rio isn't injured by the way. Confirmed on his twitter. Just being rested I think. Likley to see Smalling and Vida at CB.

Here's the full squad: vdS, Amos, Kusz; Evra, Wes Vida, Small, Rafa, Fabio, O'Shea; Eikrem, Scholes, Obertan, Bebe, Fletch, Carrick, Park, Nani; Berba, Chicha

Hopefully get to see a bit of Eikrem and Obertan/Bebe

I expect a competitive team. Valencia thrashed them with only 5 shots on target. I think we can do this as well. Considering we have only 2 strikers available (Is Macheda injuried?) I think we'll play at 4-5-1/4-3-3 once again.

Kuszczak, Brown, Smalling, Vidic, O'Shea, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Nani, Obertan; Berba.

I'd probably go same as above but with Carrick and Fletch both playing 90 (if I remember correctly) on Saturday and with a game coming up on Saturday I think we'll see Eikrem at some point or maybe even start... but I think if either Carrick or Fletch aren't starting, Park might play as a CM.

Agree with JSN re upcoming games. Think tomorrow will see a mixed team - the difficulty in predicting it then being that we are not party to the physical fitness stats that SAF will have.

With that in mind, my submitted team is: VDS JOS Vidic Smalling Fab/Raf - Obertan Scholes Carrick Park - Berbatov Hernandez

and then: :)

Wolves: Kuz Raf Rio Wes Evra - Nani Fletcher Anderson Gibson Obertan - Macheda/Hern

City: VDS Wes Rio Vidic Evra - Nani Fletcher Carrick Scholes Park - Berba

Ryan Giggs started training with the physios last Thursday. He's about 10 to 14 days off being fit but might be back in time for the Manchester derby. Federico Macheda, Anderson, Darron Gibson and Jonny Evans all have viruses. That's why they haven't made the trip.

O'Shea ain't played much recently either has he? I'd prefer Fabio as it'd be a good mix of youth and experience with Brown, Smalling, Vida and Fabio.

Vida might get rested on Saturday with Shitty on Wednesday.

Actual team: Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Obertan; Berbatov

Subs: Kusz, Brown, Fabio, O'Shea, Bebe, Park, Hernandez

Shame Eikrem ain't in there, good experience for the lad anyway and it's good to know that he's getting closer. Big chance for Obertan tonight, has to stake his claim tonight after Park played superbly on Saturday. Wasn't expecting that strong a side. Apparently been 44 days since Berba scored, hopefully he'll be back amongst the goals tonight.

S.E.Arising said:
Actual team: Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Obertan; Berbatov

Subs: Kusz, Brown, Fabio, O'Shea, Bebe, Park, Hernandez

Obertan? Was expecting Hernandez.... but i guess Fergie doesn't want to burn him out too quickly...

Darn... hope this Nani problem isn't serious...

Stuck having to folllow the game via radio updates and twitter tonight :(

I take back what i thought about Obertan replacing Hernandez.... 2-0!

Sounds like a cracking goal as well

Gonna have to wait for the highlights before i can see the goals :(

Berba is definitely not a lone striker. When Nani was on he was doing well though, once he went off, he had very little support and got frustrated.
Carrick and Scholes were outstanding in midfield.
If Nani isn't right for Saturday, Obertan is the answer. Mind you Bebe didn't do himself any harm.
Smalling looked brilliant again, didn't have much to do but when he did, he looked calm and dealt with the problem, reminded me of Rio. Looking like a really good buy.
Evra destroyed their Right side for most of the game, a bit dodgy in defence at times though.

That wasn't an own goal......

Obertan's was a stunner :cool:

Critics should be able to see that Bebe created the goal, but knowing media they will surely not give him that..

More importantly, Scholesy's delightful assist gets taken away from him. How dare they?

They'll give it back to him when he's the star of Euro 2012 :D

I am glad about every goal he scores. Would be one of the best stories in the club's history... "a former homeless becoming a great man utd forward."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back