Bulgaria vs England

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quite a few changes with Rashford, Chilwell, Winks, Barkley and Mings coming in. Think it looks a better balance with Winks in there instead of Rice. Really hope Rashford has a stormer because he needs some confidence back for us. Also be interested to see how Mings does in there because he has a real opportunity to cement his place in the heart of defence because no one has really convinced in there of late.

Sensible changes to have a look at Mings and give Chilwell a game surprised seeing Trippier starting again but I guess he hasn’t really done anything to be dropped.

2 nice early goals.

Game stopped on 27 minutes due to racist chants aimed at Sterling I reckon this could get abandoned.

Racism sadly has been a topic in the build up.

Just walk off, this is disgusting. Racism has no place in football or anywhere, absolutely disgraceful.

Stick to the protocol as long as the players are happy to continue.

Such a shame that they have to put up with this crap when they go on the road it’s ridiculous.

Regardless of second half I hope they kick Bulgaria out of the euros void all their results and ban them from WC 2022 qualifying and relegate them to the bottom division of nations league.

Bulgaria have actually stopped trying this game is very very weird.

I think the players have handled this really well. Awful environment to play football but they've been professional and done the job. P

Bulgaria have actually stopped trying this game is very very weird.
Think the Bulgarian players are just embarrassed by everything tonight. Weird weird game but glad we are stuffing them.

Biggest fall out to a racist incident ever?

- Head of the FA forced to resign by Bulgarian PM
- Police raid Bulgarian FA headquarters
- Sport minister announced all funding for the national team will be stopped.

Their manager suggesting our fans were more racist, the goalie denying anything even happened.

I mean we are not perfect and a lot of ours simmers below the surface but their behaviour last night when already under partial stadium closure shows that they are a long way behind.

Fair play to England for insisting the protocol was followed but it did carry on second half and it did feel like the players just let it go to avoid the game being abandoned.

Bulgaria look beyond the tradition sanctions its time for a proper ban I think the sanctions need to be hard football cannot be allowed to be a public platform for this nonsense.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back