Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't though if he comes and he's brilliant everyone will forget you overpaid if he's rubbish everyone jumps on the price tag again.

Selling clubs set a price and in most cases they stick to it Utd did it with Lukaku in the summer and eventually got what they wanted but they had to do the dance with Inter all summer.

I do think in this case Sporting are quite desperate so Utd have the chance to drive the price down and hope they crack but if they go down this road they have to be prepared to walk away... my issue is with the squad being the way it is can we afford to walk away and get nothing. If we were only £5m apart you'd say probably just pay it but right now Utd and Sporting seem miles apart.
It should be an interesting next couple of weeks

Great story to put out after a defeat

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just add some realistic bonuses. £5m if he scores 20 in a season for the next 5 years. There’s a possible £25m for them and if he nets 20 goals it’ll be worth the £5m.

Utd will also have some financial boundaries to work within if the glazers won’t sign off the extra money then hands are tied.

Does feel like Utd need to get this one over the line having missed Haaland but I think Utd will play hardball and hope that Sporting panic into selling in January.

In the summer he’s older and his contract is 6 months shorter so his transfer value is probably going down with every window rather than up.

Utd will also have some financial boundaries to work within if the glazers won’t sign off the extra money then hands are tied.

Does feel like Utd need to get this one over the line having missed Haaland but I think Utd will play hardball and hope that Sporting panic into selling in January.

In the summer he’s older and his contract is 6 months shorter so his transfer value is probably going down with every window rather than up.
That's a good point

if we want to get back to winning, they need to drop the boundaries, stop lining their pockets, get in a DoF and get some proper direction in the transfer market. Focus on players and buy the ones we need whatever the cost. Avoiding anything to do with Raiola.

Also try and impliment a more workable salary bill

Seems very simple, Lisbon are getting everything that they can out of a deal for their golden boy, they know were very short and hence the overnight price increase out of nowhere.

Still think the deal has legs, but its going to be a massive shame if we dont get it over the line as he immediately makes our team better.

I haven't heard much about other teams trying to sign this" golden boy" is there a reason for that or am I being cynical?

We don’t half dither on deals. I know there are lots of factors involved but we sound like the worst negotiators. All other clubs seal deals at the drop of the hat but ours seem to drag on and on and on.

I haven't heard much about other teams trying to sign this" golden boy" is there a reason for that or am I being cynical?

I'm not overly sold on the player to be honest. There seems to a lot of self promotion going on.

if we want to get back to winning, they need to drop the boundaries, stop lining their pockets, get in a DoF and get some proper direction in the transfer market. Focus on players and buy the ones we need whatever the cost. Avoiding anything to do with Raiola.

Also try and impliment a more workable salary bill

This is the point though the owners don't want to win they want to get rich if we can win and they can make loads of money then great but the money will always come first so it's obvious Utd have got budgets to stick within to make sure that profits are sustained and dividends get paid.

The only thing you can guarantee from Utd every year is no matter what happens on the pitch those leaches from across the pond are taking their slice doesn't matter what the results of the football are as long as the business figures look good and they get their dividend they are happy.

The longer things go the more you can hear the same old excuses coming from Woodward at the end of the window about why players haven't arrived.

It's easy to point to Raiola as the bogeyman and the monster but reality is in the case of Haaland the player didn't want to come here over Dortmund and in the case of Pogba the player doesn't want to be here. It's easy to forget when Utd wanted Zlatan and Mkhitaryan out the door quickly he got them moves sorted. Agents are hard work but they're part of football now if you want the top players you are probably going to need to deal with difficult agents.

Thats not what I read, united and other teams pulled out of the Haaland deal because of Raiola and his dad but Dortmund were happy to do the deal. Also Madrid don't like Raiola which is why they didn't involved when Pogba left Juve. And it's not just the money side of things, he speaks out turn and unsettles clubs to get his way.

I just saw an article that states the problem, indirectly, is Jorges Mendes.

Apparantly he helped out Sporting in the summer with getting some deals over line to help with their financial problems. So even though he is not directly part of this deal, it turns out he is entitled to some money due the deal he did with Sporting in the summer. Sporting added this to the fee, Man Utd don't want to cover those costs.

How true it is, who knows!

I was reading on MEN today, Ed doesn't do any of the negotiation. Just signs off the money.

Ed Woodward's role has been tweaked; he merely signs off deals and Matt Judge has conducted the majority of transfer negotiations in the last three years. United sources insist Woodward does not veto targets and the right to veto rests with the manager or the recruitment department, led by technical chief scout Mick Court.

Thats not what I read, united and other teams pulled out of the Haaland deal because of Raiola and his dad but Dortmund were happy to do the deal. Also Madrid don't like Raiola which is why they didn't involved when Pogba left Juve. And it's not just the money side of things, he speaks out turn and unsettles clubs to get his way.

That stuff was put out by Utd.

According to the Haaland side the player felt a move to Dortmund was the better option for him right now felt thing there were setup best for him to develop as they’ve helped turn Lewendowski and Aubameyang into world class strikers in recent years. Maybe he didn’t feel quite ready for the premier league wanted 2-3 years in a very attacking side in a slightly weaker league to really work on his game with top coaches who have a track record with young strikers.

Dortmund were probably happy to include some sort of buyout clause as they know he’s unlikely to stay forever if he hits it off and they are a club who look to buy young, develop and then sell for big profits it’s their business model. Utd are not like that we want to buy and retain players for a long time.

According to a few people around the player his dad is the one guiding him Raiola is basically there to make sure his son doesn’t get shafted on his contract he gets the market rate and retains some control of his destiny.

Woodward claims he’s not involved but someone must be telling the negotiators what the parameters they have to work in are and that message will be coming from Woodward via the Glazers. No penny over the budget gets spent at that club without the Glazers final sign off.

The story I’ve heard is the players agent told Utd and Spurs in the summer they could get him for 50m Sporting hadn’t given him that number they actually wanted 75m but as they’ve got that number in their head Utd feel that’s the price and won’t go up. Sporting claim that they’re prepared to wait as they think other clubs will come in the summer as they’ll have money to do the deal in the summer without screwing up their number with FFP.

I don’t really buy that the sort of clubs that could pay 75m for a player aren’t the sort of clubs who are worried about FFP.

I guess it's who you want to believe then, out of the two, I ain't believing Raiola.

It wasn't just united who pulled out. I guess Dortmund didn't care about the add ons, buy out clause etc.

As for Fernandes, he said himself united showed no interest last summer, just Spurs.

The rumoured release clause is £70m we couldn’t accept that. And that’s the top end. Other rumours vary from £40m-£60m

The rumoured release clause is £70m we couldn’t accept that. And that’s the top end. Other rumours vary from £40m-£60m
I just don't see this transfer happening was probably more likely to get sorted in the summer we need to stop being held to ransom getting sick of these clubs and I mean at both ends.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't though if he comes and he's brilliant everyone will forget you overpaid if he's rubbish everyone jumps on the price tag again.

He's damned if he doesn't because this squad is terrible. Paying big money comes with the territory of being Manchester United.

I just don't see this transfer happening was probably more likely to get sorted in the summer we need to stop being held to ransom getting sick of these clubs and I mean at both ends.

IDFD is talking about the Haaland buy out clause, United didn't want to spend all that money on a player and then have such a low buy out clause. Especailly as the agent gets so much money. The deal just wasn't financially viable.

I guess it's the way football is nowadays it's just I can't agree with us paying over the odds just because we’re United.

I guess it's who you want to believe then, out of the two, I ain't believing Raiola.

It wasn't just united who pulled out. I guess Dortmund didn't care about the add ons, buy out clause etc.

As for Fernandes, he said himself united showed no interest last summer, just Spurs.

Utd are the only club talking though Juventus were apparently in the running but Haaland didn't think he'd be a first choice player similar to when they approached him before joining Salzburg.

Spurs were the only club that made an offer for Fernandes in the summer but Utd were definitely interested it seems strange that we've now changed our mind can only be that the guy we wanted as our first choice isn't interested so we're on to the second or third choice.

Hopefully we can compromise and actually negotiate but judging by past transfers we couldn’t negotiate our way out of a paper bag.

Hopefully we can compromise and actually negotiate but judging by past transfers we couldn’t negotiate our way out of a paper bag.
They will stand their ground, we will back out and then end up paying more for him in the summer. That's the Woodward way.

After that shower ov shit tonight I'd be surprised if he or any decent player would want to play in this team

Ah Columbo, didn’t realise he was on Twitter. Great detective work.

It’s a nothing tweet that has recycled everything that is known about the situation. Plus Sam Pilger is about as reliable as the British train system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back