Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How nice of us to let him have one more game for Sporting. Why bring him in as early as possible to get to know his new teammates and surroundings. :rolleyes: All these rumours are getting tiresome.

Still not convinced we are/were ever in the race for Fernandes.

They may not have been but I feel they should have been. Do we think there is a midfield player that we haven't been linked with that they are suddenly going to sign. Find it hard to believe there is going to be no midfield signing

Oh yeah I do agree we should be in for a midfielder, probably two to be honest. We are going to struggle if we don’t bring in new faces in there.

Our midfield looks so thin at the moment.

Matic: his goose is cooked
Fred: talent but erratic
Pogba: the standout
McTominay: growing all the time
Pereira: average

Just one of those things.

Spurs either looking to get Betis to flinch into lowering their 60m valuation on Lo Celso or they’ve given up and gone to plan B they need midfield reinforcement so it makes sense.

Rumour is the Spurs offer was way below the asking price from Sporting.

Utd’s name for me has always been a name being put out by his agents and we just haven’t done enough to kill the story off possibly because he is on the list as a possible Pogba replacement.

Think we are going to end up with just Maguire, AWB and James at the end of the window to be honest.

We are in a bad place if the signings are finished. Our midfield options are woeful. Even if pogba stays we need 2 midfield players. One probably gets us through this season. The midfield that started against A C was scarily bad and it showed in the performance

We are in a bad place if the signings are finished. Our midfield options are woeful. Even if pogba stays we need 2 midfield players. One probably gets us through this season. The midfield that started against A C was scarily bad and it showed in the performance

A very bad place. In fact I'd argue to say a weaker place overall than last year. The defense is better without doubt but the rest of the team is weaker.

It's hard to really argue with that the midfield has lost Fellaini and Herrera since the start of last season and any hope we had for Fred has evaporated quickly, Pogba wants out and Matic is a year older and a yard slower. Yes McTominay has made some progress but seriously we're a club trying to get back from 6th to 1st the lack of movement in the midfield this summer is shocking really and there have been plenty of players on the market.

Even cheap options like Delph from City and Gueye from Everton just to patch things up for a year could have been found.

The only one who's been consistently linked is Longstaff and even talk of that has gone very quiet in recent weeks and I'd argue that bringing him in was fine as long as a ready now player also came in.

It seems like we're going from a 3 man midfield to a 2 man midfield but we still don't really have world class wide forwards or a world class number 10 goalscorer/playmaker. There's rumours of a last ditch bid to get Eriksen from Tottenham but that's going to be tricky and very expensive even with only 12 months left on his contract.

Just feels like midfield hasn't been something on the clubs radar this summer unless they pull something totally out of left field in the next 2 days, if we go into the season with these options we are in trouble.

I'm feeling confident, for a player who wants out, with his agents history, Pogba and Raiola have been quite quiet.

We have some really promising young players, a much better defence. I think we get Erikson possibly, rumour is Fernandes is going to Spurs. Either way I think we will get one of those. Then with our youth and James I think we are looking good.

If Lukaku goes we will get a forward in too.

I think we could challenge for the top 4 easy.

the lack of movement in the midfield this summer is shocking really and there have been plenty of players on the market.
It's actually a sign of how incompetent Woodward is. It seems he can't identify the players, can't get deals over the line and can't handle more than one deal at once! He's a clown.

It's actually a sign of how incompetent Woodward is. It seems he can't identify the players, can't get deals over the line and can't handle more than one deal at once! He's a clown.

It's more a sign of the failure of the structure not the failure of one individual one man shouldn't be doing all of this work and in all honesty the real failure by Woodward is not changing the management structure to the point where he doesn't need to be overly involved in it.

It's clear to me Woodward's role is to make sure spending is controlled the Glazers don't want people who have authority to make deals or spend money they want to keep full control of where every penny goes which means we waste time penny pinching.

Football deals are quite complex and as I've always said players need go out as quickly as they come in at Utd as our squad is stupidly big and getting players out in this market has been tough for everyone.

What really isn't helping the club is they haven't killed stories every day Utd are in the news signing Bruno Fernandes by all accounts we've never made an offer and anyone reporting the story from England has been told we are not interested in the player yet every day the story appears in Portugal. Utd could do a lot more to kill stories if they wanted but they don't.

Is this guy even real? He seems like an urban legend like the Loch Ness monster or big foot. I was never convinced Gaitan roamed the Earth.

Linked here and there but ultimately he is going nowhere.

he's desperate for a move, the club want 70m, is he worth that. I think spurs offered 45 + 25 in bonuses but they want it all up front.

They'll end up with nothing. Apparantly Mendes is in Manchester trying to get it over the line, even though he isn't the agent.

Latest is he'll probably end up at Atletico Madrid as the English clubs won't pay and they reckon Sporting will drop the price once our window shuts.

Mendes is involved in the deal at the request of Sporting and he has great links to Atletico who are in the market for an attacking midfield player.

Latest is he'll probably end up at Atletico Madrid as the English clubs won't pay and they reckon Sporting will drop the price once our window shuts.
Seems to make sense and I'm sure they want to try and cash in on Reals preseason struggles.

Seems to make sense and I'm sure they want to try and cash in on Reals preseason struggles.

Apparently they had a deal in place to sign James from Real but Madrid pulled the plug after Atletico smashed them in pre season as they didn't want to be seen to be strengthening a rival.

Real Madrid look just as likely as Utd to implode again this season despite splashing a fortune in the market they've still got a load of players being kept around that the manager doesn't want. Wouldn't be surprised if both Zidane and Ole are sacked by Xmas.

Real Madrid look just as likely as Utd to implode again this season despite splashing a fortune in the market they've still got a load of players being kept around that the manager doesn't want. Wouldn't be surprised if both Zidane and Ole are sacked by Xmas.
Yeah that's hard to argue really. Real have a team full of talent but no real cohesion. United have too much faith in their youth to play huge huge roles this year.

I think thats why Mendes has been brought in, no other options available for him.

Then there's no need for Bruno. So let him come here.

But if Pogba is staying here then we don't need him as they won't fit together either.

This Bruno thing always felt like a Pogba replacement option but once the club realised Madrid/Juve weren't serious they've backed well away from it.

Sporting are desperate to cash in so they've had his agent trying to get them offers and now they've had to bring in Mendes to try and up the game but no one is biting on their price. Report is Spurs went as high as 50m and they turned it down as they want 80m so Spurs walked away.

If the price is going to be that high can't see Spanish/Italian clubs coming in unless that price drops.

nah, he's staying for sure, no one will pay that.

I

I don't see playing Fernandes and pogba either side of mctomminay being a problem to be honest. Either way we needed somebody. I am pretty depressed tbh Woodward has managed to make a decent looking window a bad one

But if Pogba is staying here then we don't need him as they won't fit together either.
I don't agree but let's agree to disagree. Both could play together in certain games and regardless you need options and depth. Something we don't have.

And once Pogba decides he's had enough of the season and downs tools we'll be begging for a quality alternative. This team is a Pogba injury or tantrum away from being 6th/7th.

I don't agree but let's agree to disagree. Both could play together in certain games and regardless you need options and depth. Something we don't have.

And once Pogba decides he's had enough of the season and downs tools we'll be begging for a quality alternative. This team is a Pogba injury or tantrum away from being 6th/7th.

If Pogba doesn’t show up this season it’ll be worse than 6th or 7th.

Priority in midfield had to be a Matic replacement everyone is talking up McTominay for the job but his best games last season were when he was used slightly further forward.

Link never made sense to me really unless he would have been a Pogba replacement when we really need to replace Matic.

It will be interesting to see whether the 4231 played in pre-season is continued. With only 5 midfielders I find it hard to believe we'll be playing regularly with 3 in midfield but at the same time I don't think we have the midfielders to play a 2 man midfield.

McTominay has shown improvement and hopefully that'll continue. You'd expect Fred to be better and hopefully Pereira will improve too, he has the ability to be much better.

It’s not like we can change and go 4-4-2 we haven’t got the strikers of wingers for it. Haha!!

If Pogba doesn’t show up this season it’ll be worse than 6th or 7th.

Priority in midfield had to be a Matic replacement everyone is talking up McTominay for the job but his best games last season were when he was used slightly further forward.
Absolutely with you there buddy. I actually think the best we can realistically hope for is 5th. I actually think it'll be 6th.

However I do think in games against the likes of Brighton at home you could easily and should easily be going

Fred-Pogba

Sanchez Mata Martial

Rashford

The McTominay/Matic games should only be against the better sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back