Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently it seems he's not high on our priority list. What a joke. There's no sense within this club.

Apparently we want a CB, CM and Winger. Complete frigging mess this. One CM? One? With Herrera gone and Matic another year older. Another year older when he looked like his legs had gone last year.

And fellaini left in the January transfer window. I really don't get this one it should be a relatively easy transfer to make happen. Guess it's down to choice rather than negotiation but it seems a strange one to me.

It could be a case of United’s interest being overblown in the media. In the last few days local media has claimed United are frustrated by the coverage in Portugal.

I can understand that but clearly he is available and I would say he is the type of player we need. If we haven't been showing interest in my opinion we should be

I think United require a different type of midfielder to Fernandes. He would be a replacement for Pogba. I feel United should be looking at a deep lying midfielder to replace Matic.

I think United require a different type of midfielder to Fernandes. He would be a replacement for Pogba. I feel United should be looking at a deep lying midfielder to replace Matic.

They should be looking at quality in all areas and Fernandes brings that. Pogba isn't going to be here long term and so we have to plan for that.

They should be looking at quality in all areas and Fernandes brings that. Pogba isn't going to be here long term and so we have to plan for that.

The likelihood of Pogba staying long term are slim, however other types of midfielders should be the priority this summer. We need an alternative to Matic right now.

The likelihood of Pogba staying long term are slim, however other types of midfielders should be the priority this summer. We need an alternative to Matic right now.

Do you not back McTominay as the alternative to Matic? We need an inbetween player for me. McTominay someone Pogba and I’m hoping Fred can play the role that should be Herrera’s.

Do you not back McTominay as the alternative to Matic? We need an inbetween player for me. McTominay someone Pogba and I’m hoping Fred can play the role that should be Herrera’s.
But hoping that Fred can be that player isn't enough. And even so playing with a 3 man midfield having 1 back up / option isn't enough is it?

Oh I fully believe we need to bring a player in. But it’s not defensively is my point. We have Matic/McTominay for that role. Then the more creative two positions we’ve got Fred Pogba Periera.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. I would have no problem playing a midfield 3 or fernandes, mctomminay, and pogba

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. I would have no problem playing a midfield 3 or fernandes, mctomminay, and pogba

Me neither. And if we wanted to be a little more cautious in some games then put Matic in or better yet sign another DM.

McTominay will displace Matic, however his quality on the ball is below the necessary level. A midfield consisting of McTominay, Fred/Pereira and Pogba would again be over reliant on Pogba to control play and provide the creative spark. Snuff out Pogba, snuff out United,

So you agree it’s a creative spark we need not a Matic/McTominay replacement?

So you agree it’s a creative spark we need not a Matic/McTominay replacement?

I consider the deep lying midfielder to be a creative player. The player should possess a high level of passing and the ability to pull the strings. Carrick would be ideal.

Ahh I’m with you. Problem is not many of those exist. Carrick Alonso Pirlo-esque but in today’s game? Who would you suggest? I’m just thinking about it and off the top of my head I can’t think of many. Drinkwater at Chelsea would be a poor mans Carrick.

I consider the deep lying midfielder to be a creative player. The player should possess a high level of passing and the ability to pull the strings. Carrick would be ideal.
I think McTominay is improving all the time and not sure how much of the pre-season games people have seen but his range of passing is getting better and better. I can see he has been working with Carrick at his game. Not saying he’s anywhere near Carrick or Pirlo yet but think he has potential to play that role.

Neither pogba or Fernandes are number 10s, they are midfield players. Surely those 2 either side of MCT is adequate. MCT has improved vastly even though I am still not 100% sold on him. At the moment he is our best option in that position. If we were to buy a replacement for him/ matic we would still need another midfield player

Ahh I’m with you. Problem is not many of those exist. Carrick Alonso Pirlo-esque but in today’s game? Who would you suggest? I’m just thinking about it and off the top of my head I can’t think of many. Drinkwater at Chelsea would be a poor mans Carrick.

I have no idea to be honest. I watch far fewer games of football than I did 5-10 years ago.

I think McTominay is improving all the time and not sure how much of the pre-season games people have seen but his range of passing is getting better and better. I can see he has been working with Carrick at his game. Not saying he’s anywhere near Carrick or Pirlo yet but think he has potential to play that role.

I've only seen bits and pieces of pre-season. McTominay has never really demonstrated a wide of variety of passing in the youth teams. He might be adequate, but I think we should aim higher. Hopefully he is a late developer and proves me wrong. I would prefer to see him in the box-to-box role.

I have no idea to be honest. I watch far fewer games of football than I did 5-10 years ago.

From what I’ve read it’s the sort of role that Longstaff at Newcastle plays but I’ve not seen much of him either.

Neither pogba or Fernandes are number 10s, they are midfield players. Surely those 2 either side of MCT is adequate. MCT has improved vastly even though I am still not 100% sold on him. At the moment he is our best option in that position. If we were to buy a replacement for him/ matic we would still need another midfield player

I would prefer two new midfielders and a right sided attacker before a new centre back.

From what I’ve read it’s the sort of role that Longstaff at Newcastle plays but I’ve not seen much of him either.

Yeah, I was going to mention Longstaff, but as you say we only have a small sample to size to judge his ability/potential.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So basically nothing is happening? It’s actually quite amusing on Twitter with all these rumours!

Apparently there is a flight at about 6pm tonight from Lisbon to Manchester on Ryanair - that means this is on right?

Doesn’t even play for us yet and I’m already sick of him.

Seems obvious to me if Pogba goes then he might be on the replacement list with Savic from Lazio. If Pogba stays which is looking more and more likely then we aren’t going to go for them.

Still pathetic if we don’t sign a centre mid having lost Fellaini & Herrera we have to buy someone these kids look no better than alright. If we had a generational talent like Foden sitting waiting it makes sense but Periera & McTominay? Jeez!

Rumours in Spain that the deal is agreed £62m and medical on Tuesday

Difficult one because we have the numbers at centre half maybe short of one high quality CB. We neither have the quality or numbers in midfield.

I mean we need a couple of midfielders for sure and yeah a right sided attacking player but CB must be the priority?

Not for me. Smalling-Lindelof is fine plus Wan-Bissaka is going to make a massive difference. United are also going to defend from the front and higher up the pitch. Midfield is crying out for at least one more addition otherwise we’ll again be heavily reliant on Pogba.

Not for me. Smalling-Lindelof is fine plus Wan-Bissaka is going to make a massive difference. United are also going to defend from the front and higher up the pitch. Midfield is crying out for at least one more addition otherwise we’ll again be heavily reliant on Pogba.

Sorry bud but I disagree. Smalling and Lindelof are not fine as has been shown. Lindelof is good, Smalling is absolutely not good enough and if that's the standard we are accepting then we may as well give up now.

Smalling was better than Lindelof last season. He was excellent in a number of the bigger games. He is criminally underrated.

He isn’t criminally underrated. He’s capable of good games but his average performance level is lower than a starting CB’s should be for United. He doesn’t get in the starting 11 at City or Liverpool and without improving our starting 11 we aren’t going to catch them.

As a 3rd/4th choice CB then he is fine to step in but he shouldn’t be starting. Is he any better now than he was at 24? He hasn't made the step forward whereas he should now be in his prime and performing consistently

As a 3rd/4th choice CB then he is fine to step in but he shouldn’t be starting. Is he any better now than he was at 24? He hasn't made the step forward whereas he should now be in his prime and performing consistently
Spot on! If we want to get back to the highest heights then we need to improve. Defense has been a real issue for a number of years now and has to be addressed. AWB is a really good start but CB is essential.

So apparently it seems he's not high on our priority list. What a joke. There's no sense within this club.

Apparently we want a CB, CM and Winger. Complete frigging mess this. One CM? One? With Herrera gone and Matic another year older. Another year older when he looked like his legs had gone last year.
Cannot stand seeing him in our starting 11, he's shite and I was fuming we even bought him in the first place, legs had already gone.

Cannot stand seeing him in our starting 11, he's shite and I was fuming we even bought him in the first place, legs had already gone.

I don't know at the time it made sense but it only served to make sense for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back