Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Hard to tell if we are actually in on him Sporting are trying to sell him and seems to be a new story every week with this guy.

Never seen him but his stats from last season are mad plenty of football under his belt as well.

As for this story Woodward really shouldn’t be having a say on this sort of stuff as he knows nothing he has to trust his managers judgement until we get more experts on the board.

I personally think 70m seems a very high price with no proven record at European level but trying to make sense of transfer fees now is pointless.

The story is he’s got an agreement with Sporting to go for €35m if they reject offers in excess of that they have to pay him and his agent a fine but Sporting feel they can push the price higher by getting multiple clubs involved in the deal.

As for this story Woodward really shouldn’t be having a say on this sort of stuff as he knows nothing he has to trust his managers judgement until we get more experts on the board.
It's absolutely ridiculous that this guy is still in control. He's a clown with absolutely zero football understanding. He needs to go and until he does the bad times will continue for this once great club. In any other club or sport he'd be long gone.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this guy is still in control. He's a clown with absolutely zero football understanding. He needs to go and until he does the bad times will continue for this once great club. In any other club or sport he'd be long gone.

He doesn’t need to go he just needs to give up the power to those who know what they are doing.

Who’s telling him these players aren’t worth these fees?

All he should be doing is setting the budgets tell the football side of things what it can spend this summer.

No real knowledge of him and I think tonight was the first time I’ve seen him but was impressed for sure. He looked like he was going to make things happen and isn’t afraid to shoot. A small sample size but like I say I was impressed. Also his stats last season were insanely good.

He doesn’t need to go he just needs to give up the power to those who know what they are doing.

Who’s telling him these players aren’t worth these fees?

All he should be doing is setting the budgets tell the football side of things what it can spend this summer.
Yeah ok that's fair. When I say go I mean from his role as it currently stands. Commercially and financially he's been great for the club.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah ok that's fair. When I say go I mean from his role as it currently stands. Commercially and financially he's been great for the club.

Never really been convinced of this stick a Utd badge on anything and it sells and while our commercial deals have continued to grow I don't think we've done much ground breaking stuff. The regionalising of sponsorship deals is something the Glazers bought over from the NFL it wasn't a Woodward idea.

Utd as a business makes almost no sense because despite poor on field results off field things continue to improve and people still seem happy to invest in buying shares with almost no return other than the fluctuation you can get on the market.

Woodward is there to make the owners money one way he will do that is by not giving power over spending to someone else and as is clear he drains every last drop out of anyone we buy by constantly extending contracts because it's cheaper to renew than to replace.

Rumours are this one is close to being done. Obviously it’s just rumours but I think if he came in he would offer a genuine goalscoring threat from midfield and that’s what we have lacked in recent seasons. I’ve said before that I don’t really know a lot about him but going by his stats and what I’ve seen in the nations league I think he would be decent.

Until Utd have certainty on Pogba I don't really see how they can move on this guy as surely he's a Pogba replacement not a Herrera replacement?

All feels a bit Gaitan to me lots of talk no real action seems to be a tactic of the Portuguese clubs to keep these stories going day after day as they try to move players on.

If we can add AWB, James, Fernandes and then a CB that's a really really good summer. We need to add more of course and if we can that's great but I'd be surprised if we even managed the above.

If we can add AWB, James, Fernandes and then a CB that's a really really good summer. We need to add more of course and if we can that's great but I'd be surprised if we even managed the above.
Agree with that mate, anything is better than what it looks like we will get with Woodward in charge

If Pogba and Herrera go then 2 need to come in if we are sticking with 4-3-3 signing Fernandes suggests we are as he isn’t really a traditional number 10 and he’d be exposed in a midfield 2 in the same way Pogba is.

McTominay has stepped up to replace Fellaini but I’m far from sold on Periera.

Still not really convinced we are in for him seems like this guy is close to signing for a lot of teams.

Lots of noise around him again today feels like it’s just a never ending link with this guy.

Does feel like our name is being used a bit surely if we wanted him we’d have got him by now maybe just have to wait it out because if we are the only club really interested in him my guess is on deadline day the price will drop sharply as they are selling him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not really sure anyone really knows what’s going on with Fernandes. Ducker isn’t the most trustworthy of sources, he’s basically just said he doesn’t know what’s happening but in a way of sounding like he’s in the know.

I think he would definitely add goals from midfield and genuine ability so would like it go through but I will believe it when I see it.

Can’t see us signing him if Pogba stays if they get to a point where they have to accept Pogba is off I think they’ll look to a player like him. Seems more like a Pogba replacement than a Herrera one.

Sky is saying Fernades' agent is flying in tomorrow** to receive an official offer from us.

**not sure if tomorrow is the 3rd or 4th.

Sky may as well say ‘We’ve heard a rumour about Fernandes, it may happen, it may not, we don’t really know but we’ll whack it on a yellow ticker and hope for the best.’

What I don't understand is... if he has a release clause then why does his club think they can get more? Surely if we trigger the release clause we can get the player?

Seems like a funny release clause, the Sporting hierarchy say they won’t accept an offer for his release clause. However, if they do reject an offer of the clause then they have to pay €5m to Fernandes himself. So sounds like they would play hardball and there must be some sub-clause in the contract which means they can reject an offer for the value of the release clause. Who knows how this will turn out!

It's not an official release clause his contract release clause apparently is 100m.

What he has is an agreement with Sporting that if they don't accept bids in excess of 35m then they have to pay him 5m almost as a fine.

Sporting believe they can get a much higher price so they're prepared to pay the fine to the player and they've basically told his agent go and get as many offers as you can so we can drive the price up.

The story seems to be that despite all this talk Utd are the only club showing any genuine interest but even they haven't made an offer so it's not really the bidding war they hoped for as the top sides all have doubts about him being at that elite level.

This one seems to be dragging now... Not sure it's even going to happen. I'm not quite sure what Ed is doing in general really.

Look no one really knows what we are up to.

To me Fernandes always felt like a deal that depended on Pogba leaving if Pogba left then Utd needed to have options lined up to replace him same can be said for Savic.

The Pogba stuff currently is quiet but if Madrid do manage to move Bale then I imagine that will happen. It could be that they see him a as a Herrera replacement but we sound like the only team in for him and we know Sporting need to sell so maybe we are leaving it late to drive the price down we seem a long way apart on valuation according to reports. Who knows if these reports have any truth to them as transfer gossip is a massive tangled web of lies finding the truth is very tough.

Just over 2 weeks to go it's now time for the PL clubs to start acting but it does feel like currently a lot of incoming deals rely on players going out and like last summer getting players out the door has been a major problem because they don't want to leave.

I can’t see us bringing in another midfielder now unless Newcastle budge on Longstaff. After losing Herrera we needed to bring in quality, even before losing him you could argue but I don’t think we are going to be suckered into buying second rate or past it players. If our first choice target doesn’t come then I think Ole is going to trust youth.

I would love the Fernandes deal to happen because he looks to have something about him. Granted I haven’t seen much, the odd game for Sporting and for Portugal in the NL but he would add a lot from midfield.

I don’t think for one minute we are after SMS if Pogba stays. They are basically clones of each other playing wise.

I can’t see us bringing in another midfielder now unless Newcastle budge on Longstaff. After losing Herrera we needed to bring in quality, even before losing him you could argue but I don’t think we are going to be suckered into buying second rate or past it players. If our first choice target doesn’t come then I think Ole is going to trust youth.

I would love the Fernandes deal to happen because he looks to have something about him. Granted I haven’t seen much, the odd game for Sporting and for Portugal in the NL but he would add a lot from midfield.

I don’t think for one minute we are after SMS if Pogba stays. They are basically clones of each other playing wise.
I don't think we've ever been in for SMS, irregardless of Pogba. Fernandes would really improve us immediately, so I can't see this transfer happening.

Yeah this one isn't happening is it! It should, he'd improve our team massively but I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back