Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Manchester United v Leeds United - 20th December 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

27 EPL Appearances
17 Goals
12 Assists

His output is pretty remarkable since he joined.

Premier League: Leicester City 2-2 Manchester United - 26th December 2020

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 29th December 2020

Customary assist tonight. Didn’t have the best of games but can always come up with the goods. Was a brilliant raking pass to Rashford.

By his own high standards, he will be gutted not to have scored his chance. Always looking to create something, wonderful ball to Rashford.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Aston Villa - 1st January 2021

I hate those announcers, whichever one there is trying to say Pogba dived. Last week he was the one saying Rashford was faking it when the opponent yanked his arm, not knowing Rashford had a prior shoulder injury. He also said that Bailly was faking it when he grabbed the back of his neck after being shoved, not allowing that the shove whipped his neck. The anti-United bias is astounding.

All that aside, Bruno has had the greatest impact of any player coming into this team that I can remember. Rooney was a goal-machine when he joined us but the team around him was already good and firing on all cylinders. Bruno came into a squad that was shorn of belief and confidence. Ole hinted at the new attitude of the squad by saying some players that have come in are big personalities and have had an affect on the dressing room, clearly meaning Bruno. Bruno demands excellence and demands that everyone plays like their lives depend on it - as Keane and others would agree is the right attitude. Bruno was a little sloppy with passing tonight but his creativity and influence is off the charts. Loved that on his penalty tonight the keeper guessed the right way but Bruno still lashed it in.

It's an absolutely cracking penalty.

15 out of 16 is a crazy penalty record the keepers clearly can’t read what he’s going to do as there’s so much variety in his style.

Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - 6th January 2021

He was really poor. He was guilty of frequently trying to force things.

Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - 6th January 2021

He was really poor. He was guilty of frequently trying to force things.

It’s what he always does though so you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.

I was more disappointed with the other forwards than him tonight.

Needs a rest. And a teammate to step up and create more.
Why didnt you express this opinion in the match thread beforehand? It was obvious he needed a rest, and not the only one.

Surely he will be rested on Saturday with VDB taking his place.

Surely he will be rested on Saturday with VDB taking his place.
If Ole is going to show signs of progress as a manager then managing his squad is going to have to be one of those where he improves. He's now got VDB so that he can rotate things so he needs to use him.

Not if he's not good enough. I assume he's doing enough in training

It's like saying he should use Jones.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th January 2021

He was poor.

Is the level of his performances in big games a concern?

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th January 2021

He was poor.

Is the level of his performances in big games a concern?

Think questions have to be asked now he’s struggling to influence the biggest games starved of the ball and tries to force it a little to much.

However, he almost scored a worldie free kick and had a great chance in open play that I think he did well with just wasn’t enough to beat the keeper.

Think it’s also a team issue as a team going forward we have not been good enough against the best teams in the league.

Doesn't help him the game plan is to sit deep and hit with pace on the counter.

Starves him of any meaningful touches.

FA Cup: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - 24 January 2021

You just knew if he came on we'd win. They brought on Mane, we trumped them

Everyone knew what he’d do on that free kick but if he hits it perfect the keeper is screwed and boy did he hit it perfectly.

Didn't have the best of games last night on the ball. But there was one moment that summed up his attitude.

Maguire and Matic looked like they were just going to let the forward run straight through the middle of them and he's busting a gut to make the recovery challenge.

He was also the only player trying to get to Burke on the second goal the only one sprinting not jogging.

It was an off night he has them it's up to others to do something when he's not really at it but everyone had an off night like you say though when he's not playing well it's still 100% effort that never drops.

Didn't have the best of games last night on the ball. But there was one moment that summed up his attitude.

Maguire and Matic looked like they were just going to let the forward run straight through the middle of them and he's busting a gut to make the recovery challenge.
This after a misplaced pass by Martial who couldn't be bothered to rectify his own mistake. I'd love to know what Bruno thinks of Martial?

Premier League: Manchester United 9-0 Southampton

Been a quiet period for him but back in the action last night.

He’s played 36 league games for us and he has a combined 36 goals and assists record. We’ve said it many times before but what a signing. Glad we took a chance on him.

I decided to use my triple captain for Bruno last night, fair to say he didn't let me down !

He's had a little bit of a dip in form recently but last night he was back to near his best given all the time in the world he just pulled into spaces then pulled them apart.

He is a nightmare to mark as he just drifts all over the place in this system.

This a comment for all posts on last nights game

Let's not get carried away, it was aganst an already depleted Saints side who were down to 10 men early.

Yes we took advantage, but there was lots more space for people to look good.

I think this weekends game is where we need to see Bruno perform and see if he's over his slump.

I don't think anyone's getting carried away they were missing 3 starters, are on a stinking run and had a man sent off after 90 seconds trying to take anything meaningful out of that is pointless.

The only thing you can say is this side saw weakness and pounced on it they were ruthless and they weren't silly wasting energy they kept it comfortable but they pummelled the opponent. Top sides do that they get on top of you and don't stop until the ref call time.

Everton are another side who are struggling form wise so it's another chance to get 3 points in the bag but it will be a very different game.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away. We know they lost a man inside of 80 seconds. But enjoy a 9-0 win or what's the point in being a football fan?

And it should certainly boost the confidence of the players which I think is a massive thing with this team. They rely on confidence too much and can get knocked off of their stride easily. When the confidence is low the speed in the attack just isn't there.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away. We know they lost a man inside of 80 seconds. But enjoy a 9-0 win or what's the point in being a football fan?

And it should certainly boost the confidence of the players which I think is a massive thing with this team. They rely on confidence too much and can get knocked off of their stride easily. When the confidence is low the speed in the attack just isn't there.
That’s the big thing about confidence. No-one should get carried away as it was an anomaly of a game, however so many positives to take. Two goals for Martial will do him the world of good as no doubt he’ll start against Everton, Fernandes got back into his groove and there were other notable performances. Pogba also got a rest so no don’t get carried away but enjoy it and know there were lost of positives.

I didn't say not to enjoy it, drama, I said not lets carried away and see that game for what it was.

JSP said Bruno was back to his best, I'm saying judging him against a 10 man depleted Saints side is not where you should be saying that. Wait until Saturday. Of course he should have shone last night, he had acres of space.

You can enjoy the win, I expect all our players to look good in a game like that. So for me, to applaud Bruno, that is a bit like, I can't think of the word, it's bit like beating a kid at tennis and then celebrating.

What we should applaud is the professionalism of the performance. They could have taken a 3 - 0 win but they pressed on. That was encouraging.

I hope they are not celebrating after that, and getting too cocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back