Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Bruno Fernandes' performances.

Premier League: Brighton and Hove Albion 2-3 Manchester United - 26th September 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17th October 2020

Looked back at his best yesterday.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17th October 2020

That goal was class from start to finish. VDB hared over to keep the ball in, the ball to Rashford, his reverse to Bruno, Bruno’s first touch then finish. What a goal!

Not sure if it was just me but when Bruno stood to take the pen his body language didn't seem right, I had a feeling he would miss. Maybe it was cos he stood closer to the ball than he usually does? He does go for the same spot a lot so the keeper had a good idea where he was probably going to go as well

Not sure if it was just me but when Bruno stood to take the pen his body language didn't seem right, I had a feeling he would miss. Maybe it was cos he stood closer to the ball than he usually does? He does go for the same spot a lot so the keeper had a good idea where he was probably going to go as well

He looked to be standing closer to the ball than normal and in that position it's hard to open your body up to go right side so I think the keeper could be pretty confident of where he was going with it. Think it was just poor execution by his own standards he normally gets them much higher which doesn't give the keeper the chance but he didn't get the height on it and the keeper got it.

He has two style with his penalties one is a shorter run up the other is his hop skip and jump one and he mixes it up quite a bit so keepers keep guessing.

Still 10 out of 11 is some record.

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

Thing with this guy is, if things happen that bring his performance score down to 80% he will up his game to 120% until he finds that moment(s) that brings it back to 100%.
He is clearly a very dedicated pro.

He should be our captain, we could do with more of his professionalism, ethic and attitude running throughout this team.

He does what he does through example, but we could do with a leader who enforces the standard because no one wants to cross them.

Once we get the team mindset right, we will fly, because good performances come from confidence and the easiest way of building and maintaining confidence is by having the right mindset.

Nerves of steel as well. Having just missed one, players could shy away but he picked up the ball and had the attitude, not going to miss this time. Love him as a player and a personality, our best signing since RVP.

think he must be the best signing, influence on squad wise, since Eric.

He should be our captain, we could do with more of his professionalism, ethic and attitude running throughout this team.

He does what he does through example, but we could do with a leader who enforces the standard because no one wants to cross them.

Once we get the team mindset right, we will fly, because good performances come from confidence and the easiest way of building and maintaining confidence is by having the right mindset.

Doesn't need the armband to do that he's already having that influence on the team every game a bit of ribbon around your arm doesn't change that.

Maguire is captain and I'm sure he will have no issues with Bruno being a big voice in the dressing room and around the club but until Maguire does something that really deserves stripping him on the captaincy then it shouldn't change. Ole has picked his man and he should stick with him.

Doesn't need the armband to do that he's already having that influence on the team every game a bit of ribbon around your arm doesn't change that.

Maguire is captain and I'm sure he will have no issues with Bruno being a big voice in the dressing room and around the club but until Maguire does something that really deserves stripping him on the captaincy then it shouldn't change. Ole has picked his man and he should stick with him.
I disagree, having the armband gives you authority, and setting standards requires that authority and the will to exercise it.

I'm not advocating stripping Maguire of it, because that would be both cruel and damning, but by your own logic, what does it matter, because he is just stripping him of a bit of ribbon?

I think Maguire does need to start showing more authority in games though, and I'm sure he will do, we have take into account that he has not been here all that long.

I think if Bruno had been here longer he would have already nailed down the role.

Maguire was very much the leader of this team last season Bruno’s arrival in January just added further support further up the pitch that had been lacking. Maguire had made our defence look much more organised.

Before his injury even Rashford showed leadership he was the guy wanting the ball all the time and almost winning games on his own.

I don’t think the role of captain means much in football it’s a token role you need strong characters throughout the team.

Premier League: Everton 1-3 Manchester United - 7th November 2020

Has he definitely now been credited with the second? I mean it definitely looks like it is his and that Rashford doesn't get a touch but I'm sure they will be checking it.

Notice how no one ever brings up how much we paid for this guy I honestly can't remember if it was 50, 60, 70 or even 80m.

He can be frustrating when he gives the ball away but he's so deadly around the box and just makes stuff happen he was exactly what the team needed when he arrived and his stats even if they are a boosted by penalties are off the charts.

Will be interesting to see what happens if the bigger boys come sniffing at some point he stayed loyal to Sporting when others jumped ship so hopefully he'll be professional about the whole thing.

Notice how no one ever brings up how much we paid for this guy I honestly can't remember if it was 50, 60, 70 or even 80m.

He can be frustrating when he gives the ball away but he's so deadly around the box and just makes stuff happen he was exactly what the team needed when he arrived and his stats even if they are a boosted by penalties are off the charts.

Will be interesting to see what happens if the bigger boys come sniffing at some point he stayed loyal to Sporting when others jumped ship so hopefully he'll be professional about the whole thing.
United was the team he wanted. My guess is he will be looking to be a catalyst for our road back to glory and that will be the focus of his career. I hope I am right.

United was the team he wanted. My guess is he will be looking to be a catalyst for our road back to glory and that will be the focus of his career. I hope I am right.

I think he'll certainly give a bit of time but he does look like someone who wants to win finishing 4th isn't going to cut it with him.

Don't think we have to worry to much about the Spanish clubs right now they're an absolute shambles but in 12/18 months if they've got their act together and we haven't can see him getting twitchy and looking to clubs who can win CL titles. Any top player would you've only got so many years at the top you want to put the trophies in the cabinet so Utd need to make sure that he sees that potential with us. Those lads from the 90's and 00's didn't stick around because our club is great they stuck around because we were winning.

For Bruno is the proper replacement for Rooney he's a scorer, creator, standard setter that's been lacking from that attacking area since Rooney's decline. He's also the type of player that opposition fans will hate because he is a bit snide, he does cheat and he is also really good.

He’s such a funny player can make you pull your hair out for an hour with some terrible passes and shots then in 30 minutes can can totally change the game.

Bruno has all of the game-sense you could ever want, he reads the game extremely well, he's quick-footed and quick of thought, but it frequently looks like his technique is a little too raw. He's proving to be the best signing in years, absolutely love him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back