Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Red Warrior

Not sure if it was just me but when Bruno stood to take the pen his body language didn't seem right, I had a feeling he would miss. Maybe it was cos he stood closer to the ball than he usually does? He does go for the same spot a lot so the keeper had a good idea where he was probably going to go as well

jsp

Not sure if it was just me but when Bruno stood to take the pen his body language didn't seem right, I had a feeling he would miss. Maybe it was cos he stood closer to the ball than he usually does? He does go for the same spot a lot so the keeper had a good idea where he was probably going to go as well

He looked to be standing closer to the ball than normal and in that position it's hard to open your body up to go right side so I think the keeper could be pretty confident of where he was going with it. Think it was just poor execution by his own standards he normally gets them much higher which doesn't give the keeper the chance but he didn't get the height on it and the keeper got it.

He has two style with his penalties one is a shorter run up the other is his hop skip and jump one and he mixes it up quite a bit so keepers keep guessing.

Still 10 out of 11 is some record.

Shoot

Thing with this guy is, if things happen that bring his performance score down to 80% he will up his game to 120% until he finds that moment(s) that brings it back to 100%.
He is clearly a very dedicated pro.

Tari

He should be our captain, we could do with more of his professionalism, ethic and attitude running throughout this team.

He does what he does through example, but we could do with a leader who enforces the standard because no one wants to cross them.

Once we get the team mindset right, we will fly, because good performances come from confidence and the easiest way of building and maintaining confidence is by having the right mindset.

SuperRash

Nerves of steel as well. Having just missed one, players could shy away but he picked up the ball and had the attitude, not going to miss this time. Love him as a player and a personality, our best signing since RVP.

jsp

He should be our captain, we could do with more of his professionalism, ethic and attitude running throughout this team.

He does what he does through example, but we could do with a leader who enforces the standard because no one wants to cross them.

Once we get the team mindset right, we will fly, because good performances come from confidence and the easiest way of building and maintaining confidence is by having the right mindset.

Doesn't need the armband to do that he's already having that influence on the team every game a bit of ribbon around your arm doesn't change that.

Maguire is captain and I'm sure he will have no issues with Bruno being a big voice in the dressing room and around the club but until Maguire does something that really deserves stripping him on the captaincy then it shouldn't change. Ole has picked his man and he should stick with him.

Tari

Doesn't need the armband to do that he's already having that influence on the team every game a bit of ribbon around your arm doesn't change that.

Maguire is captain and I'm sure he will have no issues with Bruno being a big voice in the dressing room and around the club but until Maguire does something that really deserves stripping him on the captaincy then it shouldn't change. Ole has picked his man and he should stick with him.
I disagree, having the armband gives you authority, and setting standards requires that authority and the will to exercise it.

I'm not advocating stripping Maguire of it, because that would be both cruel and damning, but by your own logic, what does it matter, because he is just stripping him of a bit of ribbon?

I think Maguire does need to start showing more authority in games though, and I'm sure he will do, we have take into account that he has not been here all that long.

I think if Bruno had been here longer he would have already nailed down the role.

jsp

Maguire was very much the leader of this team last season Bruno’s arrival in January just added further support further up the pitch that had been lacking. Maguire had made our defence look much more organised.

Before his injury even Rashford showed leadership he was the guy wanting the ball all the time and almost winning games on his own.

I don’t think the role of captain means much in football it’s a token role you need strong characters throughout the team.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now