Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Manchester United 0-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 1st February 2020

Played in wrong position but could see his passing is accurate and plays passes that our players don’t play , had some decent long shots and a decent free kick I think a good debut against a very physical, organised wolves , I wish our players actually passed to him more too they look up saw Bruno and shaw they pass to shaw ????

Good debut in my opinion played both positions well kept the ball had a few attempts at goal from long range hitting the target twice almost forced a mistake from the keeeper.

Tried a few speculative balls that didn’t work but generally a lot to be positive about got stuck in as well when he needed to.

Looked miles better than Lingard, Mata or Periera in that number 10 position and did well when he was dropped deeper. When the like of Pogba, Matic and McTominay are back I think he will find it easier as he can stay higher and I think Rashford will like playing with him and he will hopefully find an understanding with Martial.

Yep, good debut. The intent was but execution was off-ish at times. He's a big upgrade on the other options at 10.

Premier League: Chelsea 0-2 Manchester United - 17th February 2020

First assist!

Was pretty quiet in the game itself didn’t see a lot of the ball but worked his socks off bit lucky not to give away a penalty (tackle on Willian) but provided 2 moments of really quality the free kick off the post and the corner for Maguire. His set piece delivery was good all night I’d have him on corners from both sides.

Was pretty quiet in the game itself didn’t see a lot of the ball but worked his socks off bit lucky not to give away a penalty (tackle on Willian) but provided 2 moments of really quality the free kick off the post and the corner for Maguire. His set piece delivery was good all night I’d have him on corners from both sides.
I’m hoping at home next game for him to be more involved but still assist and nearly a goal. I think it would have only been a free kick aswell not a pen but what do I know I’m no ref.

I’m hoping at home next game for him to be more involved but still assist and nearly a goal. I think it would have only been a free kick aswell not a pen but what do I know I’m no ref.

Yeah had the ref give it then I think VAR would have over ruled the ref and given a free kick.

Bruno is the type of player we should strive to sign. He is so much more capable than practically any other player in our side. Bruno is of the required standard, now all we need to do is give him a team of actual players around him.

Was far better and a bigger influence on the game in the 10 mins that he had, as opposed to the lack of involvement that Pereira and Lingard showed all the time they were on the pitch.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-0 Watford - 23rd February 2020

I just love watching him play. Always has space. Always looks for a forward pass.

Already a goal and two assists in three games. Already hunting down Pereira who has 1 goal and 3 assists this season. Also Lingard is already hunted, although it’s hard not to beat 0 goals and 0 assists.

Not too sure about his penalty technique, no idea if that little hop and a jump is something he does all the time but I would like to think he mixes it up because if you miss after that little skip then you’re gonna feel the force of fans anger!

he looks like a superb signing, seems to be upping the game of those around him.

i thought the money was too much as he was unproven. Very happy to be wrong.

Finally found our Rooney replacement?

There is a danger he just looks good because of the gash around him, butI'm not really having that. What impresses the most is his work rate and attitude. He's got the skill and vision to match. He could be a huge player for us over the next 4 years.

and yeah. hello again MMFY

Nothing to do with those around. If anything he’d look better around better players making more intelligent runs. He’s one of those who always wants the ball. Always wants to do something with it and sees what others can’t on the pitch.

Probably haven’t been this optimistic about a player since Martials debut.

Yeah I agree - he looks composed and you can see like Scholesy was he's thinking 2-3 plays ahead vs getting the ball and then trying to figure it out. Like that he's a leader too. He ad Fred have ben dovetailing very nicely. Put McT in there and I think that's a good midfield.

And yeah I'm still alive & kicking guys :D

Already a goal and two assists in three games. Already hunting down Pereira who has 1 goal and 3 assists this season. Also Lingard is already hunted, although it’s hard not to beat 0 goals and 0 assists.

Hunted down Fred, too, who also has 0 goals and 0 assists, in 23 matches (3 of those being cameos), (1846 minutes).
Lingard has only played close to the full 90 in 3 matches, 9 appearances being less than half a game. (882 minutes).

McTominay, by way of contrast, has 2 goals, 2 assists in 18 matches (2 being half a game or less). (1462 minutes).

Europa League: Manchester United 5-0 Club Brugge - 27th February 2020

He was a joy to watch.

He’s making the difference at the moment , would be interested to see what Pogba plays like in this midfield.

He’s the best player I’ve seen in a United shirt since 2013

Absolute love watching him. £50m is well spent. Could run our team for the next 4/5 years

It’s amazing how one player can change the complexion of our attacking play. He has been terrific and I thought he worked so well with Mata. Think those two together could be a little gem for the rest of the season.

Still early days but the £50m looks a snip. You would imagine he’s going to be crucial for Portugal in the Euro’s. So glad we got the deal over the line!

Ooh Ah...............
Tha'ts where my mind goes.
Thank feck, the dark days are nearly over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back