Maguire 5
Shaw 6

Matic 7
Pogba 4
Bruno 5

Rashford 7
Greenwood 6
martial 5

Match threads, threads to discuss each individual player for every match, player rating threads for every match. It's getting silly on here and totally unstructured.
It's high time the Admin sorted it out. Get some proper structure to the forum.

You complain when there is too much structure and complain when there isn’t?

The match day threads always used to get closed immediately. The player threads can be seen as a general player thread and the ratings thread is something that someone started and people like so it’s continued.

De Gea - 8 - Made a few really important saves.

AWB - 4 - Possibly his worse performance in a United shirt.
Lindelof - 3 - Awful again
Maguire - 7 - Involved offensively in 2 goals. Important game.
Shaw - 6 - Didn’t do too much wrong

Matic - 6 - Important performance. Wasn’t at his best defensively but was good in going forward when we did.
Bruno - 6 - Poor performance but balls of steel when it matters.
Pogba - 4 - Another poor performance. Gives the ball away too often.

Greenwood - 5 - Off game and didn’t do much. Nice finish for the disallowed goal.
Martial - 5 - One moment of Magic.
Rashford - 6 - Should have had 2 more but for his lack of awareness when it comes to the offside rule. But great goal bumps him up.

Didn’t look at JSP’s rating until after I’d done mine as found last week I let others influence my thoughts. Biggest surprise is the rating of Maguire and Lindelof. One was directly involved in 2 goals the other defended like he thought he was in a comedy sketch.

Felt we were all over the place at the back all game but it didn’t really feel like individuals as much it was collective and Lindelof certainly had more to do as everything came down his side.

My big worry is how long does it take this lot to get fit

Yeah defensively we were awful. But Maguire and Shaw did little wrong.

However I do think you’ve got to take Maguires offensive performance in to account also.

DeGea 8 (made the only save he could have been expected to make)
AWB 5 (much better than TFM last week)
Lindelof 5
Maguire 5
Shaw 5 (Williams should start)

Matic 6
Pogba 5 (better than last week)
Bruno 6 (really sloppy for most of the game, then the assist and the goal, always available)

Rashford 7
Greenwood 5
Martial 4

Subs:
Fred 4
Bailly 4
VDB 6 (his few minutes showed he should have been on much earlier, ahead of Fred, even Pogba)

scale: 4 very bad, 5 bad, 6 mediocre, 7 good, 8 very good.

However I do think you’ve got to take Maguires offensive performance in to account also.
I think all of our defenders were below required standard, leading to an overall poor defensive display. Maguire didn't score the goal, Dunk did, so I guess you're giving him credit for pressing Dunk. I saw Shaw out of position many times plus he gave away some dumb fouls. BHA's players cut through us fairly easily, outside and in. We probably should have gone with wingbacks today, knowing they were going to be at us like they were.

I mean the two involvements were a 1 yard tap in and him heading it against someone’s arm so not giving him to much credit there but agree the problems weren’t really coming down his side on the other side we were having rings run round us.

Bruno was awful today but gets a goal and an assist

Put it like this. We don’t win the game without Maguires performance offensively today. Whereas Lindelof offered nothing anywhere.

You can’t take away the fact he’s basically got two assist today. Goals win games and he’s played a major part and I can’t think of anything defensively he’s done wrong where Lindelof list doesn’t fit on an A4 page.

Think Rio did a good bit on them pre game about them not spotting danger and allowing easy chances to opponents and both were culpable.

You complain when there is too much structure and complain when there isn’t?

The match day threads always used to get closed immediately. The player threads can be seen as a general player thread and the ratings thread is something that someone started and people like so it’s continued.
So how come there is no general Premier League thread then? where we can discuss anything in the Premier League?
Such as the present game between City & Leicester :)

So how come there is no general Premier League thread then? where we can discuss anything in the Premier League?
Such as the present game between City & Leicester :)
What do we think of a general football weekend thread where you can discuss all the weekend games?

What do we think of a general football weekend thread where you can discuss all the weekend games?
Why not just a general premier league thread given how spread out games are these days. One for the CL. one for the EL one for the LC and one for FA Cup.
But of course still specific ones for all United games :)

I mean the two involvements were a 1 yard tap in and him heading it against someone’s arm so not giving him to much credit there but agree the problems weren’t really coming down his side on the other side we were having rings run round us.

Bruno was awful today but gets a goal and an assist
[/B]
Not even that, it was an own-goal.

Does the goal happen without Maguire being there?

Maguire presence makes it happen as he basically kicks the defenders foot into the ball

Good to see the player ratings done in my absence for this week!

Why not just a general premier league thread given how spread out games are these days. One for the CL. one for the EL one for the LC and one for FA Cup.
But of course still specific ones for all United games :)

If you want to start a thread just do it, it's not school :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back