Brighton appoint Potter

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

A lot of people said sacking Hughton was harsh but they'd had a massive drop off at the end of the season they ended up staying up by the skin of their teeth luckily they'd done just enough in the first half of the season to survive. It's harsh but I can see why the owners would make that call because it's actually shown as a trend now that teams who finish seasons badly and don't change managers generally start the next season badly.

Potter comes with a growing reputation from his time in Sweden and did a great job getting a really poor Swansea side that had been gutted following relegation safely into mid table.

Be interesting to see how he does because he's known for his sides playing this modern style.

I don’t get how anyone can think Houghtons sacking was out of order.

They got 3 points from their last 10 games. That’s looking straight in to relegation form next season. Their form dropped off a cliff and they were never in great form to start with.

Not sure how lucky you were to stay up with 36 points but we know 40 is generally the ‘safe zone’.

3 wins in the final 23 league games imagine starting a season like that? Some could point to the cup run being a factor but I don't totally buy into that it didn't send Watford/Wolves off a cliff

The only thing is he's a British manager so you'll get the usual voices coming out in support and they'll rightly say he got them promoted and kept them up two seasons in a row what more do people want?

Might be wrong but I think the relegation total has been pretty low in recent years the days of 40 points are over and when you consider how bad the 3 who went down were alarm bells were right to be ringing.

Doubt he'll pick up a prem job but he'll get a decent championship job wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Middlesbrough who've just sacked Pulis.

Yeah don’t know why there was so much outrage to be honest. They have been scraping by and play pretty turgid football although we managed to lose to them!

Also by Brighton’s standards they actually quite a bit of money but still struggled so the time was right for him to go. Potter is an exciting young manager who wants to get his teams playing football so I think this is a positive move for them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back