Brendan Rodgers at Leicester City 2019/20

Sideshow Bob

Thread to discuss Brendan Rodgers and Leicester City in the 2019/20 season.

Will we see a resurgence of Leicester this season under Rodgers very talented squad and a manager who likes to play front foot attacking football.

Lost Maguire and looks like they haven’t got a replacement so can see them giving up plenty of goals but good going forward.

I think they’ll be about 10th but I think they’ll be a team worth watching.

Premier League: Leicester City 3-1 Bournemouth - 31st August 2019

Played 4
Won 2
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Points 8
Goals For 54
Goals Against 13

Premier League: Leicester City 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21st September 2019

Played 6
Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 1
Points 11
Goals For 8
Goals Against 5

7-0 tonight against Southampton after less than an hour. They play some proper good football and are going to go 2nd.

Finished 9-0.

Leicester will be some team once Rodgers has had a few transfer windows.

He’s not really had his chance to put HIS stamp on things in terms of transfers.

That’s kind of what did for him at Liverpool bad buys the summer they lost Suarez started the downfall really as he was at odds with their transfer committee in terms of players just couldn’t agree.

He’s got this Leicester team running like clockwork though will it last who knows but thy seem to have an unshakeable confidence and to be fair I think it’s rodgers who deserves the credit for that.

Premier League: Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester City - 3rd November 2019

Played 11
Won 7
Drawn 2
Lost 2
Points 23
Goals For 27
Goals Against 8

Yeah they absolutely savaged Newcastle and Southampton when they went down to 10 men against them those 2 games alone is 14 goals.

They're just a good side they're relentless from minute 1 to minute 90 always in your face no European football helps keep them fresh as well plus they've got plenty of youth in that side alongside a bit of experience in Schmeichel, Evans and Vardy.

They've just built a really good team injuries could hit them hard if they came as the squad is a little thin but right now they are absolutely flying.

A Leicester fan on the radio said this team is probably a better team than the one that won the league but the difference now is the two teams ahead are still much better so they probably won't win it again but they will be right in the fight for top 4.

It's unlikely that the team will get picked apart either I know Utd obviously get linked to a lot of their players and City have sniffed around Chilwell but Leicester have shown themselves to be tough negotiators so unless clubs are prepared to pay top price like City did for Mahrez and we did for Maguire the players aren't going anywhere.

I guess the big thing for them is can they keep Rodgers he showed at Celtic he's prepared to make ruthless decisions when better offers come in there's a chance that 3 big positions will be available in the summer or before then with Arsenal, Spurs and Utd all looking on shakey ground this season. Rodgers I think would bite on all of those jobs if they came up obviously his link to Liverpool makes him unlikely to get offered Utd but he could and should be high up on the list of potential managers for the other 2 if they decide to change.

Premier League: Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool - 26th December 2019

Two tough games. 1 point from the last 3 games. Will be interesting to see how Leicester react?

They’re looking tired I think they are running out of steam a bit suffering from the lack of rotation.

I still think they’ll make top 4 as the teams behind them aren’t going to put huge runs together to catch them which would be a huge achievement.

some people were saying we should get him! just shows doesn't it. The grass isn't always greener.

I think their bad run has coincided with Vardy’s goals drying up and without him they struggle. I think Maddison is a little over hyped so he can’t do everything on his own. They will struggle to hold onto 3rd for me unless Vardy finds his scoring boots again - they look a little devoid of ideas of late. It’s good for us because we are now hunting down Leicester and Chelsea so we are chasing two positions instead of just 4th.

Think it's also injuries they've got a squad of about 14 or 15 regular players they'd been relatively injury free in the first half of the season now running those players out in every game is catching up to them so it's can they hold on having got ahead. They were on such a good run it made sense to just keep sending them out and ride the wave.

Next season they're going to really struggle with European Football they're going to have to find players who can reinforce that squad give them more ability to rotate.

I think they'll keep hold of 3rd because the teams chasing them aren't going to suddenly go on a great run and catch them.

It’s incredible Leicester are still third. It further highlights the lack of quality in the league.

Yeah no one can get on a run and really chase them down.

It's such a strange season because it's so even the gap in quality between the team in 3rd in Leicester and the team in 11th Everton really isn't that big all those teams on paper stack up pretty evenly which is why none of them really seem to get on much of a run.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back