Brandon Williams signs new deal at United

This makes me really happy. I love Williams' attitude and hunger and drive. He's exceptional, and in a few years he'll be among the best fullbacks in the world. Good business all around.

I also like him very much for the same qualities and I hope your expectancy of him is realised. But, he has some work to do, his inability to go outside due to being right footed is an issue

Still plenty of hard work ahead but he's made a good start to his career and deserves a new contract that recognises his position as a first team squad member.

Seen this pop up a couple of times recently - Williams was asked to play RB for the U23s with the aim to compete with AWB for the first team spot. He's pretty much failed and the club doubt he'll be able to make the step up to the senior squad.

Any truth in this?

Seen this pop up a couple of times recently - Williams was asked to play RB for the U23s with the aim to compete with AWB for the first team spot. He's pretty much failed and the club doubt he'll be able to make the step up to the senior squad.

Any truth in this?

Think he’s had a few injuries but the fact he’s barely play at all this season suggests they probably feel he’s not up to it, has he actually started a first team game this season? He had a decent breakthrough season but you could see he was far from the finished article and this season has been a step backwards for him. Same could be said for Tuanzebe who’s struggled for minutes this season.

My guess is he will go on loan next season a few clubs enquired about him in January but Utd felt they were short on numbers so decided to keep him around as both Laird and Dalot were already out on loan.

If I’m brutally honest I don’t see much of a future for him but he’s still young and we don’t know everything that goes on behind the scenes but next season he needs to be playing 25-30 first team games.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back