Boys for Sale

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
No this isn't a thread for MPs weekend exploits

Utd apparently looking to sell these 6 players this summer.

Sanchez
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Lingard
Dalot

Not really fussed about any of them going to be honest Dalot has been a bit unlucky but he's never been fit and in AWB we've already found a better option at RB so makes sense to move him on if we can. Might be a load deal rather than a permanent one but next season he needs to be playing first team football.

Strong rumours in Italy that Sanchez and Smalling will complete permanent moves this summer just a case of haggling over the prices and in the case of Sanchez Utd probably having to pay off some of his contact to force him out.

I doubt they will sell all 6 but I'd be surprised if more than 1 is still in our squad at the start of next season think 2 or 3 will get permanent moves with others being loaned out.

I'd be surprised if we sold Dalot to be honest.

Been here 2 seasons and has never managed to hold down a first team spot, always seems to be injured, struggles to last 90 minutes in games, out of position a lot when defending.

I know he's got a nice cross on him but think he moved to quick should have stayed in Portugal one more year built up his game a bit before making the move.

Like I said Utd might try and do a loan move first just in case he fulfils that potential we thought he had when we signed him but right now he looks like his career is going stale.

My guess is they'd let him go if a good offer came in and use Laird as the backup for AWB next season.

he's good back up though, not maybe a starter yet, but I don't feel worried if he comes on.

Dalot was tipped as a wonderkid though he was one of the best in his age group in Portugal and his career has stagnated he was being talked up as the next big thing coming out of Portugal and Porto were gutted when he left as they thought they'd be selling him for huge money.

A loan to me sounds good give him a season playing football somewhere he needs to be playing first team football every week.

Sanchez - Love to see him gone. He is everything I hate about the 'old' United
Smalling - Decent servant to the club, the change has done him good but time to go
Jones - MUST go but will no doubt be injured over the transfer window yet again. Why, why, why he got a new contract is beyond me
Rojo - Too injury prone to bother with, not enough quality and we have one lunatic in Bailly
Lingard - Pffffttt, whatever.
Dalot - I thought he looked really promising early on and came with a good rep but he's not fulfilled any promise really and we have too many bad smells that are constantly injured.

Yep, let the lot go! We might get Sancho's first weeks wages covered with what we get for selling them all.

Maybe but I'd be amazed if he doesn't start vs Chelsea to give AWB a rest.
There's no way he plays against Chelsea. TFM may need to start again so there's no way Ole weakens the right hand side too. Dalot is out of favour as he just isn't that good.

There's no way he plays against Chelsea. TFM may need to start again so there's no way Ole weakens the right hand side too. Dalot is out of favour as he just isn't that good.

Can’t see Fosu-Mensah starting played no football in over a year then does 90 minutes no way they send him out again.

One, possibly 2 more for the for sale list
Dan James
DDG - time to go but he's on a ridiculous contract so nobody will be in for him

One, possibly 2 more for the for sale list
Dan James
DDG - time to go but he's on a ridiculous contract so nobody will be in for him

Think both have to stay but if Henderson comes back then they'll probably let Romero go.

James has really struggled but there's only so many players we can let go you still need a squad so might as well keep him around.

Could easily add Mata and Periera to that list.

I’d keep James around. I imagine he’s on a relatively small contract. Won’t cause any trouble being a squad player and could be dangerous in the later minutes of games with his pace. Still young and developing. Never going to be a starter but a useful addition.

All I can see James has is pace, and he doesn't use it. How many times to you see him cruise past a player? All they generally have to do is give him a nudge and he's flying though the air like a rag doll again. He did well for the first 3 or 4 games, scored a couple but that's all it took to work him out. Hence why he hasn't featured for so long.

Yep Mata isn't getting a look in for good reason, same for Pereira. And Lingard (who didn't even make the bench yesterday, he must have been 'rested' after his cameo on Thusday lol).

Realistically we have a fantastic first XI, would be made even better with a RF and better CB than Lindelof but the squad after that is actually terrible. If we make a list of who needs to go and who's not good enough we'd probably have a first XI with 2 or 3 subs left lol

James did look out of his depth alongside Pogba and Bruno yesterday,

Realistically we should be only looking to sell Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Sanchez and Dalot. Also probably loan out Chong and Garner.

We still don’t have a mega squad so still need players around. I wouldn’t be averse to selling one of Pereira or Lingard either.

As for James, he hasn’t looked good for a while but if he works hard he can add other things to his armoury other than pace. Think he’s worth persisting with.

James is an ok left winger he's basically the backup for Rashford by the looks of things he'll play the league cup games next season and hopefully be a handy sub to come on in games where we're comfortably ahead.

He's not just a pace merchant he's also got a decent shot and cross on him along with good close control but he's not going to be a world class player any time soon.

I'm not really sure what the boy offers? He doesn't hold the ball up, he gets knocked all over the place like nothing I've ever seen (even the likes of Lingard etc don't get knocked off the ball like he does), he's not great at crossing and doesn't get past a man to even put in many crosses.

I'm not really sure what the boy offers? He doesn't hold the ball up, he gets knocked all over the place like nothing I've ever seen (even the likes of Lingard etc don't get knocked off the ball like he does), he's not great at crossing and doesn't get past a man to even put in many crosses.
Yeah i think he's really struggled after what was a promising start. He's lightning quick but doesn't have an end product to go with it. A loan probably would benefit him most next season.

His control yesterday wasn't great, also I noticed yesterday, Ighalo is out of his depth, he might be great in the box, but he looked short of ideas with the ball at his feet.

Sanchez is finally out the door

Smalling looks like talks are back on for him to go to Roma.

Very little else bubbling about the other players we expected to leave the club this summer not even rumours about any of them going anywhere.

The whole market seems very quiet this summer.

Looks like Romero will also join the list of players for sale now Henderson is staying at the club next season.

Williams is a better option at right back. I don’t think Dalot will ever be good enough.

The one people who watch the academy a lot were really excited about is Ethan Laird who is basically the reason why Williams ended up being a left back because Laird was a much better right back through the development teams.

Think he's had a few injury issues in the last year or two but he's certainly one who is expected to have a good shot at making the grade at Utd.

The Dalot signing at the time made sense but he just hasn't kicked on he seems to spend a lot of time injured which is why I'd say cut our losses on him and see if he can develop his skills somewhere else. Might be to soon for a sale but he needs to go and play regularly somewhere next season.

Another week gone and another week where there's not even a wiff of anyone leaving the club.

Fair shout in my head Smalling is already gone but good luck to him in Italy.

Think we might see more loans than permanent departures as everyone is skint.

According to Sky this morning talks over Smalling have broken down clubs are miles apart on fee.

The transfer market really seems to be dead across Europe football clubs are not well run financial institutions so Covid will have hit them very hard all of them must be thinking ticket revenue for this season is at best going to be half what they forecast so selling down to smaller clubs looks so hard.

I do think Utd should just take what they can get to some extent to get some of these boys out the door that probably means waiting until the end of the window to see who panics.

This was always the Glazers plan, we need a CB and Smalling has had a good season in Italy, bring him back. I appreciate everything Smalling has done for the club but I dont want to seehim back on the pitch here again, he is from that era I want to forget.

Next it'll be Sancho has had a good season, bring him back, he can play RF haha

This was always the Glazers plan, we need a CB and Smalling has had a good season in Italy, bring him back. I appreciate everything Smalling has done for the club but I dont want to seehim back on the pitch here again, he is from that era I want to forget.

Next it'll be Sancho has had a good season, bring him back, he can play RF haha

I don't think that's the plan at all the plan was hope he plays well in Italy so someone buys him that plan was going perfectly until a global pandemic basically wiped out every clubs transfer budget unless you're owned by a state or an oligarch.

If Ole actually wanted Smalling he'd have kept him but it's clear he doesn't think Smalling can do what he wants his centre backs to do so he wants him gone.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back