Boxing 2019

Sideshow Bob

I wonder if we won't see Khan-Brook.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was some defeat for Joshua. I thought Joshua should have bided his time when he knocked Ruiz down. I think he was caught up in trying to make an impression to the American audience.

Haven’t seen the fight but that seems a popular opinion amongst those who watched went for the early finish but Luiz punched his way out of trouble and stung AJ a few times and he never recovered from that.

What a night for Ruiz with the rematch he’s set his family up for life whatever happens.

For AJ he needs to go away and learn from what happened and make sure those mistakes don’t happen again.

Like AJ always has done, he sniffed blood once Ruiz was on his arse, but just didnt look like his normal self when he went in for the kill.

Any proper boxing fans will know that Andy Ruiz has fast hands and punches like a freight train, a lot of people in the know say that he is one of the hardest punchers in the heavyweight division.

AJ looked completely spooked after that first counter that seemed to really rock him, dont think he ever recovered from it to be honest.

Fair play to Ruiz, deserved victor on the night, but I cant see a rematch ending the same way, towards the end of the year it will be a sell out and massive card, looking forward to it already.

They're talking about a re-match in October/November in the UK which probably means o2 or Cardiff because they can shut the roof. With Wilder vs Fury 2 already sorted then you have to assume if he wins back his belts then it's the winners of the two fights going to fight in Vegas next year. Even if it was an all UK event with Fury vs Joshua I think they'd try to take it to the USA but really that should be a summer fight at Wembley (might be a problem with Euro 2020). I know Fury is very keen to fight at Old Trafford.

AJ was strange in the interviews after the fight still smiling he didn't really look or sound gutted makes you wonder if he even really cares that much. It was almost like he was trying to still sell the fight as some sort of spectacle.

Isn't boxing the most fixed sport? just saying.

Lost interest in boxing over the years, nothing beats watching Tyson. Benn also had good fights, and Eubank up until Watson.

Isn't boxing the most fixed sport? just saying.

Lost interest in boxing over the years, nothing beats watching Tyson. Benn also had good fights, and Eubank up until Watson.

Fixed in what way? The judge scoring is a mystery I don't think people rig the results but the judges can score a fight totally differently depending on their own personal preference it isn't a rigid scoring system.

I don't find boxing fixed I just find it frustrating because there's so much politics because of the number of governing bodies it has, you don't get to see the best fight the best at their prime. It's nuts the way it's all organised think there are 4 world title belts at every weight limit and each governing body has it's own ranking system plus at the top level you have competing TV networks who want to host the fights.

I think it's a major reason they lose so much interest to sports like MMA because in that sport you see the best fight the best regularly.

I just thought I remember the fact boxing is the most fixed or easiest fixed sport. Mind you I am invading my memory banks by about 30 years.

Some of it is majorly fixed. Fights that definitely didn’t go the right way regardless of how they’re scored such as the first GGG vs Canelo fight. One of the judges had it so wide that it was ridiculous. Byrd has it 118-110 giving GGG just two rounds. That was insane. Another that springs to mind is the first Mayweather vs Madaina fight.

Even on the undercard this weekend. Taylor should never have got the result. I like boxing but results like that make me understand why people can’t watch the sport. It’s shocking that a sport with so much money on it comes down to 3 people’s opinions who earn very little in comparison.

One judge even had Joshua up by 1 when the fight was stopped in the 7th. The other 2 had him down by 1. He should have been much further behind than that and had it gone the distance probably would have got a shock robbery. Because he’s the money man in the division and would have got protected.

Some of it is majorly fixed. Fights that definitely didn’t go the right way regardless of how they’re scored such as the first GGG vs Canelo fight. One of the judges had it so wide that it was ridiculous. Byrd has it 118-110 giving GGG just two rounds. That was insane. Another that springs to mind is the first Mayweather vs Madaina fight.

Even on the undercard this weekend. Taylor should never have got the result. I like boxing but results like that make me understand why people can’t watch the sport. It’s shocking that a sport with so much money on it comes down to 3 people’s opinions who earn very little in comparison.

One judge even had Joshua up by 1 when the fight was stopped in the 7th. The other 2 had him down by 1. He should have been much further behind than that and had it gone the distance probably would have got a shock robbery. Because he’s the money man in the division and would have got protected.
Yep, the 1st GGG v Canelo was just ridiculous, and i agree with Katie Taylor being very very lucky to get that victory at the weekend, it was a draw at best.

Just like when Fury got knocked down right at the end of his fight with Wilder, I still thought Fury beat Wilder but the judges could get away with a draw because of the knock down.

Annoyed me as Betfair after the 6th and Persoon 15/8. Bet365 had her at 16’s and I had Persoon winning so had to get on at that price. End of the 10th thought i’d definitely got on the winner!

And I still had Fury up by 3 in the Wilder fight.

Annoyed me as Betfair after the 6th and Persoon 15/8. Bet365 had her at 16’s and I had Persoon winning so had to get on at that price. End of the 10th thought i’d definitely got on the winner!

And I still had Fury up by 3 in the Wilder fight.
Unlucky mate, was a good shout as before the fight I would of said Katie Taylor would of had it.

Yep, and as someone who didn't really like Fury before that fight, he earnt my respect (not that he gives a toss about my respect)

And it also solidified my ridiculous hatred for Wilder, cant stand the bloke, he's got no class and is a one dimensional boxer, he has the record he has so fair play for that, but my god would I love to see Whyte/AJ/Fury beat him.

I just thought I remember the fact boxing is the most fixed or easiest fixed sport. Mind you I am invading my memory banks by about 30 years.

Think this is more relevant lower down the rankings because there's less money involved so fixing a fight can be very tempting if you can clean up with the bookies and it was probably more relevant when a lot of bets were being taken on black markets rather than through legit bookmakers.

Judge scoring is mental in boxing quite often it makes no sense as it's not an exact science unless you get a knock down it's all very subjective and open to interpretation.

I don't think the cards in the AJ fight are that alarming 6 completed rounds my guess is the judge who had it AJ probably gave him all the round apart from the one with the knockdown.

Maybe they should take the score in at the end of each round and let it be known to both corners and spectators that way they can possibly intervene if they smell a rat.

Joshua also has no choice but to have a quick rematch with Ruiz. If he waits Haymon will not hesitate in getting a fight between Wilder and Ruiz sorted. (He manages both). And then if Wilder wins he’ll freeze Joshua out and make sure he never fights for the title again.

People are saying Joshua needs to go and have a confidence fight before a rematch with Ruiz but he simply doesn’t have that luxury.

If your all boxing fans, keep an eye on the 6th July @ Manchester Arena, my mate is taking on Lawrence Okolie for the british and commonwealth cruiserweight titles.

We fancy him to push Okolie suprise a few people, I'll be having a few quid on my mate to KO Okolie

The 3 judges shouldn’t be known before fight night. That in itself allows too much leeway for bribery.

After that I’d go with having 20 judges with 5 judges at each extremes results removed and then average out the other 10 judges for the result. Also if a judge as it much wider than others they should be expected to justify their decision and explain what they saw that others didn’t. I’d also have all 20 judges anonymous from fighters and the public. (Obviously this can only work in the much bigger fights where the money is there to make it happen).

If your all boxing fans, keep an eye on the 6th July @ Manchester Arena, my mate is taking on Lawrence Okolie for the british and commonwealth cruiserweight titles.

We fancy him to push Okolie suprise a few people, I'll be having a few quid on my mate to KO Okolie

I don’t know what it is about him but I can’t get on board with Okolie not a fan at all of him and Chamberlain.

I thought he should probably have been disqualified in the fight against Askins and was a very lucky boy.

I don’t know what it is about him but I can’t get on board with Okolie not a fan at all of him and Chamberlain.

I thought he should probably have been disqualified in the fight against Askins and was a very lucky boy.
Yep, All he did that fight was grab and constantly not listen to the refs orders, had points deducted didnt he ? Think Askin said he was going to go to the BBBC after the fight but not sure if he followed through with it.

But one thing is for sure, Okolie is a really boring boxer to watch, but to give him some credit he finds a way to win and thats what its about.

Come 6th july im hoping my mate Jack will be changing that with a big KO

Three point deductions throughout the fight and he still continued. How the ref didn’t just decide to rule it off I’ll never know.

As for AJ I hope he starts taking boxing a bit more seriously now. He was all smiles and doing open training on Miami Beach. Why’s he on the beach for training and not in a gym in the build up to a Heavyweight World Championship March.

He’s got a history of being wobbled and now he needs to work on his defence because being so open to flush hits is causing him massive problems.

Whyte Klitscho Povotkin and now Ruiz have all had him in trouble.

Some rumour going around that AJ got knocked out in sparring in the week before the fight.

And a rumour that he had a panic attack in the dressing room just before he was set to make his ring walk, which is apparently why AJ's dad was going barmy at Eddie Hearn after the fight as EH had said to just get on with it, you will be fine once you're in the ring.

Believe what you will but there was something not right with AJ, whether it was simply the first punch that threw him completely who knows.

He will be back though, Hopefully to knock Wilder out !

You always get mad rumours going around when you get upsets like that.

How come the Okollie fight was delayed this weekend and is your friend still fighting him on the 20th?

Shame on Joshua and Hearn for allowing this to happen.

Taking a big boxing event to Saudi Arabia is nothing more than money grabbing and political sports washing to help the Saudi PR campaign in a country where basic human rights especially towards women are massively restricted.

This fight should have either been in Cardiff under the roof, the o2 or in New York/Vegas taking it to Saudi is a joke.

Lost a lot of respect for Joshua and his promoter over this one.

Money talks. And £84m is a lot of money. Especially with Ruiz having a fix fee of £9m.

Yeah money talks and maybe AJ feels his reputation in America is screwed after that loss Tyson Fury is the main man over there now with Wilder so maybe there's more money in him going and looking for fans from another part of the world but it just annoys me when you see big events like this taken somewhere where those who've followed guys like AJ or Ruiz aren't going to go to watch the fight.

It’s a ridiculous venue to take place in. From a selfish point of view at least they’re only 2 hours ahead so the fight will be about 1am our time.

Apparently ring walk will be at 9.30pm UK time in the US it will be 4.30pm so no stupid start times Eddie Hearn was on BBC talking about it the other day.

How come the Okollie fight was delayed this weekend and is your friend still fighting him on the 20th?
My mate tore his bicep and therefore couldent fight, but the BBBofC have just made my mate mandatory for Okolie's british title.

Okolie either defends it, or vacates if he moves up to a higher level.

Its shows where the sport is at, Boxing is now filled with corruption and most of the corruption stems from one thing - Money

on this occasion its just a case of being stupidly greedy with what you want out of a big fight, like @jsp said, lost respect for AJ with this as it should of been at Cardiff or Wembley.

It being in Saudi Arabia is a joke, But I'll still be paying to watch it on Box Office so who is the mug here really ?

Its shows where the sport is at, Boxing is now filled with corruption and most of the corruption stems from one thing - Money

on this occasion its just a case of being stupidly greedy with what you want out of a big fight, like @jsp said, lost respect for AJ with this as it should of been at Cardiff or Wembley.

It being in Saudi Arabia is a joke, But I'll still be paying to watch it on Box Office so who is the mug here really ?

I will be doing what I do for all the box office fights find a pub showing it and spend the money I’d have spent on getting the fight in on a few pints.

I will be doing what I do for all the box office fights find a pub showing it and spend the money I’d have spent on getting the fight in on a few pints.
Ive got a pub and will be purchasing for the pub too, Sky will charge roughly £225 for the pub as its commercial ! Come along @jsp !

Ive got a pub and will be purchasing for the pub too, Sky will charge roughly £225 for the pub as its commercial ! Come along @jsp !

Where’s the pub? Haha

I actually though it would be more than that for a pub I used to be involved in a football club and I know we had to pay a disgusting amount a year to have sky sports.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back