Box Sets

Is the Tiger King good? We watched a trailer and was like meh that could be a bit boring. But I’ve heard musings that it is well worth a watch.

It is mad that’s the only way to describe it.

Goes in directions you could never expect.

Well worth watching.

family are looking for a boxset we can all watch. Might give this a go. We were going for The 100 or something.

family are looking for a boxset we can all watch. Might give this a go. We were going for The 100 or something.
Don’t bother, this is defo not a family watch.
I have decided to give up a third of the way through episode 3.
This in truth is total pish but somehow folk convince themselves it’s good simply because it is on Netflix.
If this was on BBC we would be questioning why our license fees are being spent on such pish.
The content could easily be condensed into a 1 hour crime documentary. So it amounts to drawn out sensationalist pish.

Ozark season 3 now on Netflix. Well worth a watch.

If you like good superhero series then Titans and Black Lightning on Netflix will be right up your alley.

Don’t bother, this is defo not a family watch.
I have decided to give up a third of the way through episode 3.
This in truth is total pish but somehow folk convince themselves it’s good simply because it is on Netflix.
If this was on BBC we would be questioning why our license fees are being spent on such pish.
The content could easily be condensed into a 1 hour crime documentary. So it amounts to drawn out sensationalist pish.

yeah, I watched ep 1. Thats enough for me. Guess we'll give the 100 a go.

I watched Ozark S1, but for some reason I gave up after 1 ep of S2

Dirty Money is a good watch (not with kids) gives you an insight to how scummy the rich can be when it comes to money. Love the episodes where they have the people on that are being investigated. Like the Malaysian PM

Been watching the Monday night wars on the wwe network reliving a bit of my childhood.

Restarted the wire the mrs has got into it as well so gives us something to watch together.

Guess tiger king isn’t for everyone it’s just mad seeing these weird little worlds these people have created for themselves.

I am a late comer to Designated Survivor, 5 episodes in to Season 1 I am looking forward to getting through the whole 3 Series. Very good indeed.

I am a late comer to Designated Survivor, 5 episodes in to Season 1 I am looking forward to getting through the whole 3 Series. Very good indeed.
Well, got the last two episodes of Season 2 to watch tonight before moving on to Season 3. A very good watch.

A very enjoyable program. If you like that you’ll probably also like House of Cards

I probably wont go for House of Cards next. As good as it may be I am guessing that Homeland (done 4 series of that last year), House of Cards and Designated Survivor are probably all a bit samey.
So I think its going to be Prison Break next which I am told is also very good.

I probably wont go for House of Cards next. As good as it may be I am guessing that Homeland (done 4 series of that last year), House of Cards and Designated Survivor are probably all a bit samey.
So I think its going to be Prison Break next which I am told is also very good.
Prison break is probably the best show I’ve watched along with 24. Just finished it and can’t believe it took me so long to watch!

Season 1 of prison break is brilliant after that it goes a bit to mad but the final season brings it all together pretty well.

If you like your sports documentaries have a look at the last dance on Netflix all about the Chicago Bulls in the 90s.

I’d assume you must know Chicago Bulls are an NBA team.

Prison Break is fantastic. I might actually rewatch it now that I can binge it instead of watch once a week like when it originally came out!

I watching Gangs of London at the moment. Definitely recommend

I’ve had this recommended a few times. Annoyingly it’s only on Sky Atlantic which is the one channel you can’t get on Virgin.

Yeah I'm 4 episodes in they're releasing 2 episodes a week think there's 8 in total it's focused around their last title season in 98/99 but they go back and forward telling the story of Jordan so starts in the mid 80's when he was drafted. It's made by ESPN as part of their 30 for 30 series I'd highly recommend it for any sports fans even if you aren't a particular fan of the sport.

The coach Phil Jackson is just an incredible person comes across really well in it he's got that Fergie type vibe where he just knows exactly how to fire up every player but he's got this strange spiritual vibe about him that puts them all at ease so they don't feel any pressure.

I’d assume you must know Chicago Bulls are an NBA team.

Prison Break is fantastic. I might actually rewatch it now that I can binge it instead of watch once a week like when it originally came out!
No, I know nothing about any American sport and intend to keep it that way

It's made by ESPN as part of their 30 for 30 series I'd highly recommend it for any sports fans even if you aren't a particular fan of the sport.

Very similar to the recommendation I got for it

‘Anyone who knows me knows that I think Muhammad Ali was the Greatest athlete/sportsman of all Time. But watching this series and seriously seeing Michael Jordan in action for the first time... my god the things he did on a basketball court were insane. Anybody with an interest in any sort of sporting greatness has to watch this show.‘

I will definitely start it after having that recommendation backed up.

Very similar to the recommendation I got for it

‘Anyone who knows me knows that I think Muhammad Ali was the Greatest athlete/sportsman of all Time. But watching this series and seriously seeing Michael Jordan in action for the first time... my god the things he did on a basketball court were insane. Anybody with an interest in any sort of sporting greatness has to watch this show.‘

I will definitely start it after having that recommendation backed up.

It's like he was playing a different game whenever he wanted he could just flick the switch and take the game away from you the only comparison I have for football fans is Messi/Ronaldo when they get hot they're unstoppable and Jordan was like that but like both of them he needed his team mates around him. That is something that really comes through in the series.

Some of things he did were just silly he could hang in the air so long some times it looked like he'd attack the basket and after getting off the ground he'd change his shot 2 or 3 times to get around defenders and still just flick it in.

Anyone who plays team sports should look at a guy like Jordan because no matter how good you are individually without your team mates you will not win I don't care what anyone says no one has ever won an elite level team competition on their own.

I think I'd describe Micheal Jordan as a combination of Messi's ability and Roy Keane's win at all costs personality.

NBA was on TV in the UK during the Jordan, Pippin, Rodman era, quite late at night. I remember watching it after coming back from the pub. They were a great sports team. I'll defo watch this, make me feel young (ish) again :) Mind you I would have said it was early 90's. Mind is going.

I’ve completed a tv series called Oz on boxset. It was the first ever tv series made by HBO and was made just before the sopranos- it actually has some of the cast of the sopranos and similar writers.
The sopranos is one of my favourite tv series of all time but Oz completely trumps it, it’s so good. The dynamics that go on between some of the characters in the series are incredible. I struggled first few episodes particularly with how violent it could be -but then I got really into the series it’s so addictive and after seeing all 6 series it’s probably the best tv series I have ever seen - a lot of brilliant actors in it

Along with Oz, Sons of Anarchy is my all time favourite program. There’s a spin off series called Mayans MC which is also pretty good and has a few familiar faces in it from sons of anarchy

I’ve completed a tv series called Oz on boxset. It was the first ever tv series made by HBO and was made just before the sopranos- it actually has some of the cast of the sopranos and similar writers.
The sopranos is one of my favourite tv series of all time but Oz completely trumps it, it’s so good. The dynamics that go on between some of the characters in the series are incredible. I struggled first few episodes particularly with how violent it could be -but then I got really into the series it’s so addictive and after seeing all 6 series it’s probably the best tv series I have ever seen - a lot of brilliant actors in it
Just done a googly on it, not convinced it would be one for us wrong side of 50 people. I left violence behind when I left Maryhill (many years ago) :)o_O

After 3 years i decided TABOO would be worth a second outing. I found I enjoyed it pretty much as I did first time round. It truly is a great piece of television and it's free on the beeb iPlayer.
Wish they would stop pissing around and get the 2nd series sorted.

Tiger King is excellent.

Line of Duty is amazing.

After Life may be a top 3 show of all time.

The Nest is really really good.

Don’t think I’ve mentioned it before but The Young offenders on BBC iPlayer is very amusing

NBA was on TV in the UK during the Jordan, Pippin, Rodman era, quite late at night. I remember watching it after coming back from the pub. They were a great sports team. I'll defo watch this, make me feel young (ish) again :) Mind you I would have said it was early 90's. Mind is going.

Finished the season, it's a great series. He was stong willed man, maybe even a bully. But I guess the best sports people are strong willed. I was a fan of that team though, probably adds to my enjoyment, strangely, Jordan wasn't may favourite, I like Rodman. It really showed how important Pippin was to that team. And what a great coach.

Not really found another series yet. Sarting watching Cardinal on TV the other night, was good, not seen the first 3 seasons. I have bought the first book on the back of watching it.

Space Force, I saw the first ep. not convinced

Watched Hawaii 5 0 reboot, to take me back to my youth not great, but easy family watching.

Jordan was definitely a bully no doubt about that people are clearly afraid to talk against him and he only allowed this show to be made if he had full editorial control over it as he co-produced it. It is very much the Michael Jordan side of the story both Horace Grant and Steve Kerr have come out and said not everything that's in it is accurate. There's a good podcast on spotify (it's free) that goes through the show episode by episode with the director/maker.

I guess on the bullying side of things was he being a bully to make you feel bad or to make you better because he knew for his team to win he needed everyone around him to keep striving to be better so is it bullying or is it leadership? You have to take into consideration that the late 80's/early 90's were a very different culture to what we have now. There's a particularly nasty story about him and Horace Grant where after a game they lost Horace was eating dinner and Jordan basically swiped his food and told him only winners get to eat. That is clearly bullying.

Watched that Epstien documentary of Netflix really struggled watching it as it's such a horrific story that bloke was an absolute monster and there's a lot of very rich powerful people who he clearly had dirt on who must be praying whatever evidence he has never sees the light of day.

I watched 2 episodes of Space Force it has some moments but I'm not convinced by it either but think I'll persist think I need to watch something fun and stupid just for my own sanity right now.

Yeah Space Force looked a bit stupid for me!

Yeah the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix is worth watching. To be honest he was in the news a lot but I didn’t really know much about him but he was a depraved SOB! Shocking how many young girls he took advantage of and if you’ve got a bit of money you can nearly get away with anything. I think Epstein was just the tip of the iceberg.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back