Box Sets

Discussion in 'The SEA Lounge' started by Berba_God, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Berba_God

Berba_God Well-Known Member

Really recommend 7 seconds on Netflix and the assassination of Gianni Versace on BBC iplayer.

2. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

I tried that Versace assassination thing just couldn’t get in to it.

Finally got round to watching the walking dead just working my way through season 3 at the moment.

3. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

I'd like to watch the Wire, but it never is available on anything.

On Netflix I liked Ozark and Godless, they're not Peaky Blinders class, but both OK.

4. Red Warrior

Red Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm into Orphan Black at the minute on Netflix. Acting is sometimes a bit ropey and tacky but it's pretty good otherwise.

5. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Ozark is one I would recommend for sure on Netflix. Also Designated Survivor is a good one on Netflix.

6. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Started watching Designated Survivor last night on your recommendation, what a load of rubbish...

Just kidding, its great, didn't think it would be my kind of thing to be honest, US political drama, but I watched 3 on the trot, hope it continues like that.

7. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Haha after I read that first paragraph I was going to have a full on rant about how you don’t know good tv!

It definitely hooked me from the word go.

8. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

They've just announced it isn't getting another series.

9. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

You’ve ruined my day!

Can’t believe it, so the season finale this week will be the last ever one. Disgraceful cancellation.

10. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

I imagine Netflix will probably pick it up.

11. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Is that through popularity?

Although I've only seen 3 it's very good. I understand it has a shelf life as the premise is an inexperienced politician getting the presidency, so there is only a short period of time he'll be inexperienced.

12. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

I read an article just now that says there were a few factors, ratings yes but also about how it would continue to be creative in terms of gripping story lines.

Obviously I won’t spoil it for you Mr C but even through the second season there was plenty of scope to grow the series. But hey ho they’ve cancelled it, it’s a shame but it happens.

13. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

I imagine the cast is quite expensive as well and it might be they wanted more money for the next series.

Got season 2 to finish and it’s a shame it’s been cancelled but it’s had mixed reviews people find it very marmite. I guess if fans get behind it then it might get picked up elsewhere like Brooklyn Nine Nine did.

14. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Yeah I’ve seen that it had mixed reviews but it’s has a good two season run. I think it has a nice blend of humour, action and drama. Hopefully it’ll free up Kiefer Sutherland to get back into 24/Jack Bauer action but I feel that’s a pipe dream!

15. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Finished, season 2 lost its way in places but was still good.

I hope it gets another season, Netflix looking at it apparently.