Books

Berba_God

I don’t know why but I am quite tempted to get Arsene Wenger’s autobiography

My Life in Red and White: My Autobiography

Yea I think I will as well, it would be a great read. I look back very fondly at the rivalry in the 90s and early 2000s.
Wenger is a top guy. He never bowed to Fergie yet was humble enough to accept the hand of friendship and honour as the rivalry came to a close. Two great men of the modern game, the likes of which will never be seen again given how the game has changed.
Wouldnt surprise me if there was some sort of honorary note from Fergie within it and obviously there will be plenty of reference.
Mind you I will probably hold of for a week or two and pick it up out the bargain bin for £3 or so ;)

The hand of friendship only came when Fergie knew he was no longer a worthy opponent basically they called a truce to gang up on Mourinho & Benitez.

Like you say in those early days he took Fergie on and not many had done that and to be fair to him he got the better of him for a while and had him rattled. His early Arsenal sides were brilliant the mixture of silk and steel. Some real nasty players but lots of very skillful boys around them.

People say he changed English football all he really did was get Arsenal up to the standard Utd were setting he booted out the drinkers, sorted out the diets, modernised the training methods all things Fergie did at Utd 10 years earlier. I do think he went a bit further with that which gave him the edge for a while.

I did feel sorry for him at the end with Arsenal he should have left them with that FA Cup win think they still made top 4 that season so he still had that record to cling to but he was so desperate to go out on the top.

Think he's made a wise move stepping away completely probably wise given how toxic it was at the end.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back