Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio and Vida hopefully. While Smalling impressed most tonight. I think Bolton away and his inexperience is against him. Rio/Vida partnership is one of the best too. No Kevin Davies for Bolton. Good thing.
I think Giggs will be on the left.

agree with Jason, Rio-Vida is the best option,
i want Rafael to start at RB, but won't happen since he played yesterday, surprising that De Laet didn't start ahead of Rafael at LB. Bolton's Lee is going to be a problem if he play's down the left against JOS or Nev

I think it was just the case of giving Rafael a game. I hope Brown plays on Sunday.

I'd like to see Rio start- just so it can finally be two games on the trot!

We are four points behind Chelsea, we must go like the clappers to close the gap, especially with them playing the Bitters on Saturday. Full strength team please -same as last weekend !

Rio,Vida Starting. Rafael RB. Evra LB. Nani RW. Park LW. Ando,Fletch Middle. Scholsey Rest For CL Valencia. Scholsey May As Sub.

Dont Think So. Away Trip. So Unlikely. If It Was OT,We Could Bet. Hope Chicha,Smalling Come On As Subs.

Reebok Stadium. Some good memories. Ole's hat-trick in 01/02 and wazza's hat-trick in 06/07.

Bolton has an interesting team. Holden is a player I like. Jaaskelainen is one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, imo. Muamba fit well in the team and Lee is a dangerous player.

Ferguson may already be thinking about tuesday's game. So, likes of Neville, Gibson, Ando and Owen may appear in the starting XI.

Don't remember much about that one. Probably did watch the highlights on MotD as a 4/5 year old. haha. I don't think I got into football really until Euro 96.

Definitely going to need both Rio and Vida tomorrow to combat Elmander and Davies.

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all dropping points today.Let's avoid the trend and hammer Bolton.The other results have gone for us - we have to take advantage, I remember a spell last year where Chelsea kept drawing or losing and we couldn't capitalise - can't afford that this time out

Same side vs Liverpool. Don't change what ain't broke. Fergie rarely sticks with the same side from the previous game. This is the team that are much sharper and fitter. Surprised he's gone with this team with Valencia on Wednesday.

I don't think Hernandez has adapted to English football yet, Wednesday he was bullied off the ball quite a bit. And against a physical team like Bolton, he ain't got much hope. Kiko and Owen deserve it more than Hernandez at the moment.

O'Shea is taller so more likely to be able to deal with Davies and Elmander, he's sharper and fitter than Rafael and Brown too.

Davies is an in your face striker and Bolton are a physical team , with Chelsea and Arsenal losing we need a victory so strong team required .

Everything has gone our way this week... gotta make it count today, if we don't the whole week is ruined.

I am sure the devils will do us proud, plenty of passing, keep ball, stretch them and look for openings, we are so much better than them, Rooney to score at least two!

Apart from the goal, Evans has been brilliant, thought Evra was mostly at fault for the goal though, shouldn't be a goal with him standing there.

Rooney is completely off, very indecisive. Berba's been drifting out right a lot. Nani's goal was brilliant though his final ball has been hit and miss, he needs to improve on that.

Really need to sort this defence out, 9 goals conceded after 6 games is shocking for us. Almost Abysmal. Should be top but we're still unbeaten and sitting in 2nd. Need to sort the defence out though otherwise we have little chance at winning the title. Attacking display wasn't brilliant but when we score 2 we should be winning games.

It happened again. Offensively, the team created chances and scored goals. Defensively, we made mistakes again.

I like O'Shea, He's is a very important player for the squad, but he's not the same since his last injury.He changed, for the worse, unfortunately. His marking, his passing, his positioning ... There was an "avenue" on the right side today. Several times, i saw Lee completely free there. Petrov was free there when he scored the second goal for Bolton. I don't not know why Rafael was sacked from the first. But is SAF doesn't want to use him, use Brown then. The fact is that O'Shea is now the worst choice for the RB.

Evans was another breaking point today.I don't blame him completely for the first goal. It was a collective failure. Despite having made some good tackles during the game, but the team came close to losing. because of some of his mistakes.

The main problem today was the marking. Fletcher wasn't well, Scholes was apparently not handling with that and Evra wasn't so effective on the left.

Rooney needs a rest. Sitting on the bench or elsewhere. The fact is that he is not even a shadow of the player he was in last season.

The only player that really pleased me today was Nani. Another Superb goal, good passes and he always wasa threat to Bolton's team. Need to improve a lot in the corner kicks, But it was the best player on the field.

I'm a little concerned about Wednesday's game. Valencia is La Liga's Leader and playing quite well. And the things tend to be more difficult without Giggs. It's the that Obertan was waiting for expected. Unless Ferguson insists with Park, an idea that I don't like it all.

9 goals in 6 games is too bad for a team that already had for many seasons the best defence of the Premier League. We need to change that.

Think we need to go 4-5-1 in the next 2 games. Hopefully Carrick is ready. Need Rio back at CB next to Vida. I actually didn't mind Evans today but the partnership just doesn't seem to click. Would like Brown at RB.

We’ve dropped points again,I hear the knee-jerker cry.It's only September ffs.There are still EIGHT months to go before the season ends.Bolton fought hard and deserved the point for all their troubles.The Reebok is no easy place to come and we don't have the divine right to win every game.I’ve noticed this – when United concede such cheap goals there are two players usually made scapegoat.John O’Shea and Jonny Evans.Now I’ll admit neither have been perfect this campaign, but some of the criticisms are way off the mark.defenders are always going to make mistakes and some will earn more flak than others just because they are not as established.

United are slow starters as history tells us and the fact that we're still unbeaten going into October is good.It hasn't happened in the past few seasons.Frustration is seeping through understandably,but surely things can’t be that bad.Things aren’t that bad.Really.Just look at Liverpool if you want to define ‘bad’.

Didn't O'Shea play the last 5-7 games of last season. He's been injury free since then.

Evra has been pretty ok i think, what worries me is Evans getting beaten in the air so regularly!!
Bolton were targeting Evans for all aerial Balls, Vida had hardly any come his way, and what did come, he won!

Berbatov is a changed player, he's suddenly winning everything in the air, he was even beating Zat Knight in the air at times, shows how much difference confidence can make!

Whole defence Sunday wasn't great, it was good at times but not consistently good throughout the match. Vidic had been brilliant recently, Sunday was the first game i'd seen him play relatively average throughout the match. Evans hasn't been great this season but he hasn't been woeful, just not been good enough for the whole game, mistakes have crept in and have resulted in goals unfortunately, for most of the minutes he's spent on a pitch he's been very solid. I don't think there's anything wrong with the players, just seem to be lapses in concentration and other problems.

Other than the Everton game, Evra hasn't done too much wrong, though he was at fault for being out of position for Bolton's first goal, Evans has been woeful in the air, Vidic was the best defender of them all against Bolton..

Both Evans and Vidic lack someone like Rio next to them in my opinion. Need Rio's brain back to match the brawn.

i think Vida and Evans don't really complement each other, put Evans with Rio and i think you can see him do better, not Vida's fault really but i think the two don't really cover the other's weakness, more similar than different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back